14.

Chapter 14

   ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

   "AUDREY! AUDREY! WAIT UP!" I heard a voice call my name over and over again but I kept walking quicker, but they were too fast. They grabed my wrist and turned me around to face them.

   I frowned at both of them standing there.

   "Let me go, I'm going to be late," I demanded but they didn't listen.

   "Look we're so sorry about yesterday, I honestly don't even know what I was thinking when I said that. But Alex adn I were fighting and I was just mad and the words jsut came out of my  mouth and I'm sorry okay?" Sarah exclaimed. 

   I didn't forgive her though.

   "And we could still do the makeover thing... I know we missed David's party but homecoming is coming up," Alex said. I rolled my eyes. Homecoming dance, the dance that i never go to.

   "I'm not even going to that and when is it? Like in two weeks?" I asked.

   "One week," Alex said. My eyes nearly bulged out of my head. I guess I was so distracted by Austin and Aaron that I didn't even realize.

   But why would I care? No one would ever even ask me anyways.

   "I don't care," I said and tried to turn around but they turned me back over.

   "Where'd you go yesterday? We went to school and didn't see you there," Sarah said, her face filled with concern.

   "I was out."

   "We also didn't see Aaron. He probably skipped. He's such an idiot," Alex said and shook his head. My hands clenched together at my side. I glared at Alex but he didn't notice.

   "Can we just go to school now?" I asked.

   "Do you forgive us?" Sarah asked.

   I looked at their pleading faces and was about to give in but then yesterday popped up in my head. How they had made me feel uncomfortable. How they didn't even come after me and left me sobbing in the woods. 

   I tensed up.

   "No," I said and turned around and ran for the school so they wouldn't catch up to me.

   ♥♥♥

   I walked into the lunchroom with my tray.

   I suddenly had just realized I didn't know where to sit. I was still fighting with Sarah and Alex. And I couldn't necassarily sit with Aaron.

   This was just like before. Like the days when Austin was my friend. Where no one wanted to sit with me. I suddenly felt a wave of sadness.

   I was alone again. I didn't have and Austin anymore. Sarah and Alex aren't necassarily my friends anymore. And Rob, Zach, and Tyler aren't necassarily close friends with me.

   And Aaron, I mean I know we're kind of friend things but I know he would never hang out with me in public.

   And Austin... I don't know what's up with him right now but I hope it's just a phase and everything will go back to normal. Where Alex and Sarah and Aaron weren't in my life. All I had was Austin. And all I needed was Austin.

   I walked slowly towards an empty table and sat down. I could feel eyes on me. People pointing and laughing at me.

   I guess this was how it was going to be again.

   Austin's POV

   I watched as Audrey sat at an empty table all alone. I suddenly felt sympathy towards her.

   This was my fault wasn't it?

   I didn't even care about David or Linda or Louise anymore. All I cared about was her.

   I grabbed my tray and before I knew what I was doing I was siting down at her table. She looked up at me with shock in her eyes. I sent her a half hearted smile.

   She didn't send one back. 

   I didn't care that I was getting stares from people. 

   "Um can I sit with you?" I asked even though I knew I didn't need her permission. She hesitated but nodded slowly. I smiled again. She looked around at everyone and then looked down.

   I looked around too and saw everyone laughing at her and giving me looks of disgust. I suddenly felt really guilty. I knew what i had to do though.

   I stood up and and slowly stepped on the chair and on the table.

   "Attention! Everyone can I please have your attention?" I  yelled. Everyone stopped and turned towards me. Audrey sent me an alarmed look but I ignored it.

    "Ok so all of you have probably heard the rumors i said about Audrey Thirlwall," I shouted and never kept my eyes off of her.

   ♥Audrey's POV

   My mouth dropped open as I stared at him. Was he just trying to embarrass me even more?

   "They weren't true."

   My heart fluttered.

   Did I hear him right?

   He didn't say that.

   He did.

   I bit my lip to keep from smiling.

   He was confessing.

   Maybe things would go back to normal.

   "Her parents aren't dead. Her parents are healthy and alive."

   I gulped and stared at him hard. That was only half true. The thought of my mom and my brother brought butterflies to my stomach. Tears filled my eyes and I quickly wiped them away. I couldn't cry in front of the whole school, but the tears kept coming and I couldn't take it anymore.

   Mom... Dad...

   I stood up and ran from the cafeteria as fast as I could, forgettting all about Austin standing up and confessing in front of the whole school.

   It's been so long since the thought of my family came up, and it hurt to feel the pain again. To feel the tears down my cheeks. 

   They were now flowing down my eyes and I didn't even make it to the bathroom before I slumped against one of the walls in the hall and started crying my eyes out.

   For my mom.

   For my dad.

   For everyone.

   But especially for the person who I never would've thought would break my heart.

   This one's for you Austin

   ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

   Vote

   Comment

   Fan

   @ShootUsDown74