4.

Chapter 4

   ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

   That day at lunch I walked to go sit at our table. I was surprised when I saw two other people sitting down with Austin. A boy and a girl. I recognized both of them. The boy was Alex Constancio, and the girl was... Louise.

   I tried to hide my anger. I liked it when it was the both of us, just the both of us. I reached our table. Louise was already net to Austin, so I had to sit next to Alex.

   "Hey Audrey. You know Louise and this is Alex. Alex and I are on the same basketball team, and Louise didn't know where to sit so I invited her here." Austin greeted.

   Nowhere to sit? She is one of the popular girls. She could sit anywhere but she has to sit here. What is this? A plan for the populars to manipulate me to something. Populars don't just sit with losers like us.

   "Hi," Alex smiled at me. I smiled back.

   "Hey," I mumbled.

   "Okay so Audrey tomorrow, you know after school the thing we planned at my house, I invited Louise so we can work on our project."

   "What about all of our other projects together that are due on Friday?" I asked him. Has he lost his mind? Has he fallen for Louise? Just when I thought he was falling for me?

   "Well I figured we could do those on Thursday."

   "Austin, tomorrow is Thursday."

   "Oh, well how about we work on our projects tonight?"

   "Ok," I muttered.

   "And Louise can come and we can also work on our homework together."

   I wanted to scream.

   "Does she have to come?"

   "Audrey, can I talk with you in private for a second?" he asked. I nodded and we walked into a corner in the lunchroom.

   "Audrey, what is up with you? Louise doesn't really have any friends. I just-."

   "Austin, she has tons of friends. Don't you remember? She was in that crowd of people who always called you names and beat you up and-."

   "Audrey can't you just let that go? She's changed."

   I couldn't believe this. After everything she did to us. When she found out my brother died, she made fun of my brother, she called him bad words and called him fat and ugly. How does Austin expect me to forgive that?

   "She hasn't changed and even if she has, why do you keep inviting her everywhere. We have like 3 projects to get done tonight and if she is there too, we will be working all night."

   "Audrey just give her a chance. I'm trying to be nice. By being mean to her you are just like those popular girls!" he yelled and walked off. I didn't move. I couldn't move. I am just like those popular girls? Wow. I can't believe he would say that. I'm nothing like them.

   If that's how he wants it, then when Louise breaks his heart, he can't come crying to me.

   I finally started to walk away. Towards the lunch table. I didn't look at Austin, and he didn't look at me.

   "Is everything alright?" Alex asked.

   "Audrey I just realized, I have to be somewhere after school. I can't do our projects tonight."

   "Then we have to do them tomorrow."

   "But I am working on our project with Louise tomorrow."

   "But that's due in two weeks. Shouldn't we finish the one due on Friday first?"

   "It's already planned so we can't cancel. Can you just do all the work yourself? I mean you are he smartest girl in the whole school. It would be better if you worked alone."

   Then he got up an left.

   I can't believe what just happened.

   Louise got up and followed him.

   "Hey, Audrey, I already finished my projects. If you need any help with yours I could come by your place after school," Alex suggested.

   I smiled. I liked Alex already.

   "Thanks, Alex."

   "So we could walk to your house after school together?"

   "That's good."

   He smiled and finished eating his sandwich.

   "So what's up with this Louise girl? I haven't really seen her before."

   "She probably changed her appearance or something so nobody would recognize her, but I will never forget that face. She was one of the popular girls. I hate her."

   "I hate her too. She's stealing Austin from us. And something has to be up with her. The populars don't just change their appearance and hang out with unpopulars like us. Well I better get to class. See you after school."

   He got up and walked off to class.

   I got up too. I spotted Austin and Louise talking in the corner.

   I decided to get closer so I could hear what they were saying.

   I hid behind a vending machine.

   "So want to hang out at my place tonight?" Austin asked her.

   I could practically feel her smirking.

   "I would love that Austin, but didn't you say you were busy?" she asked him all innocently. Ugh!

   "I was just trying to get rid of her. I'm sorry about her being rude today. She isn't used to having friends. I only hung out with her because I felt bad for her. But she is really annoying, I mean sometimes she would follow me home, like she was stalking me. And sometimes I see her kissing pictures of me in her room. She is so in love with me. It is so obvious. And sometimes she would cry in front of me because she said she has no friends. And it is really weird because whenever I am at her house I never see her parents or siblings. It's like she lives alone. Some people say she killed her parents."

   "Oh wow. But it is tots obvi. I heard her talking in the girls locker room that she literally loves you."

   "Wow, we'll talk about her later. We should get to class." Austin said and he left.

   Is that really how he feels about me? And I follow him home because his house is right next to mine, and I never kissed pictures of him in my room. Why would he mae up that story of me killing my parents? Do people really make up stories like that about me? I just couldn't believe this.

   I got up and walked away. I didn't feel like going to class. I was feeling sick. I went to the nurse's office, while asking myself the same question over and over again.

   Is that how Austin really feels about me?

Please vote and comment!