19.

Chapter 19

   ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

   "Her party was great, I can't believe you missed it," Aaron said.

   "You were at her party? Since when are you and her friends?" I asked.

   "We're not, but she invited the whole school."

   "Oh well uh did you tell her I was sorry?" I asked.

   Silence.

   "Hello?" I asked.

   "Sorry I was nodding and then I realized you couldn't see me, which reminds me, when are you coming back?" he asked. I laughed.

   "In a few hours. Austin and his mom went out to lunch with his other relatives and stuff," I explained.

   "She just left a girl who can't even drive yet in a hotel room alone?" he shrieked.

   "Relax dude, I asked her to," I explained. I could feel him rolling his eyes.

   "So anyways what did Sarah to you when you told her?" I asked.

   "She said you guys weren't even friends anymore so she didn't care," he said.

   "What?! Over some stupid party?! Does she even know what I left for?" I shouted.

   "I tried to explain it to her but she wouldn't listen. I know she's being unreasonable but you've got to talk to her in person. She's just sad. Alex broke up with her today you know," he whispered the last time. 

   My eyes nearly bulged out of my head.

   "You're kidding! I have to call her right now! Sorry I'll talk to you later Aaron!" I exclaimed.

   "Bye," he laughed and hung up.

   I dialed in Sarah's number and hit the call button. I put the phone to my ear and crossed my fingers that she would answer.

   One ring.

   Two rings.

   Three rings.

   Four rings.

   Fi-

   "Hello?" a voice asked. I heard sniffling and my heart stopped. She was crying.

   "Hi," I said.

   "Oh it's you," she huffed.

   "Sarah please don't hang up I heard about you and Alex-,"

   "Who told you that?!" she demanded.

   "That doesn't matter. Sarah, are you okay?"

   No answer.

   "Sarah?" I asked.

   I looked at the phone and groaned. She hung up.

   I lied down on one of the beds and stared at the ceiling. Austin would probably be back in about an hour or so so I could go do something. Besides I was starving. I grabbed my wallet, my bag, and my phone and walked out the door.

   I walked into the elevator and was about to press the button before someone walked in. He looked vaguely familiar.

   He pressed the lobby button and then I saw his face.

   "Dad!" I shouted. His eyes went wide when he recognized me. I wrapped my arms around and he hugged me back.

   It's been months since I last saw him.

   "I haven't seen you in months! What are you doing here?" I asked.

   "Well it turns out the trip was only a few months long, and now I'm back. I was just resting in this hotel before heading back home. What are you doing here? Is Austin with you?" he asked.

   "Um he went to a funeral, he's out with his family," I explained.

   "And they left you in the hotel all alone?!"

   "Dad it's fine. I'm old enough, besides I had my phone with me," I reassured him. He smiled.

    "Hey I was just about to head out to lunch, want to come with me?" he suggested. I nodded eagerly.

   "Sure!"

   I took out my phone and texted Austin:

   Just ran into my dad! Going out 2 lunch with him. be back soon!

   I put my phone away and we got off the elevator and walked off to a resaraunt together.

   ♥♥♥

   "It's so nice to see you guys again, thank you so much for having her stay with you!" My dad said as we all walked into our hotel room.

   "it was my pleasure," Michele stated. 

   "So you're leaving? Austin asked and pouted.

   I laughed.

   "Just back to my house, it's only across the street," I reassured them.

   He didn't say anything for a bit while our parents started discussing stuff on the other side of the room.

   "How are things with Sarah?" he asked. I groaned.

   "First of all, she is totally over reacting. She doesn't even know the reason I came here and now when I call her she hangs up on me!" I shouted furiously.

   I was mad and sad about Sarah. I was mad at her because of how she was over reacting over one stupid party. But sad for her because of Alex. But I didn't mention Alex to Austin.

   I'm not sure Sarah wants people to know.

   "How was lunch?" I asked trying to change the subject.

   "Good," he answered plainly.

   He was about to say something else before my dad interrupted us.

   "Alright well I'll be headed back now, do you guys want me to take her with me?" he asked.

   "No!" Austin said too loudly. He blushed.

   "I mean she can stay with us," he said more calmly. My dad laughed at him and whispered in my ear.

   "He's a keeper," he whispered and walked away. I giggled and turned back around to Austin.

   "What was that?" he asked. I shrugged.

   "Nothing."

   He eyed me but let it go.

   "We'll miss having you around Audrey," Michele said and hugged me. I hugged her back and then pulled away.

   "I'm just going to the house across the street. I'll still come and visit you guys."

   I didn't want to leave though. I wanted to see my dad and everything but I like being around Austin all the time.

   ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

   Vote

   Comment

   Fan

   @ShootUsDown74