10.

Chapter 10

   ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

   Since Sarah lived a little further, her mom had to drive us to school. We were in her mom's car right now. I hadn't told Alex yet about the whole Austin thing.

   The thing is I'm not sure I want to. I mean he worries about me a lot AND cares about me. I have no clue why someone like him would acually care for a person like me but he does. He is the best friend ever. 

   But I don't want him to worry anymore. But he deserves to know what's going on. SO I'm going to tell him but Sarah and I also worked out something this morning.

   I would go sleepover at Sarah's as much as possible to avoid Austin, which will be hard because I will be living with him but you know avoid him as much as I can.

   So then Alex won't worry as much. 

   "We're here," Mrs. Wright announced. I grabbed my backpack and walked out of the car with Sarah following me.

   "Hey I was looking for you. I thought you didn't come for a second," Austin said. Ausitn?

   I turned around and faced him. He looked upset and sad and mad at the same time.

   "What?" I asked.

   "Can I talk to you? In private?" he asked. Sarah gave me a sympathetic look and walked away.

   "What is it?" I asked.

   "Look my mom just told me you're going to be living with me," he said.

   I nodded.

   "Yeah my dad told me. My dad. The one who isn't dead," I said coldly. For a moment there was a flash of guilt in his eyes but it soon disappeared.

   "I just wanted to tell you, to never mention to anyone that you're staying with me got it?" he asked harshly and I looked up at him in surprise.

   What was that supposed to mean?

   "What are you talking about?" I asked.

   He sighed and shut his eyes tight.

   "Do you realize that they'll stop being friends with me if I'm staying with you? Just stay out of my way," he said and when I looked up to meet his eyes it was wasn't anger or hatred in them, it was desperation.

   "O-okay," I said giving in. I hated that I was in love with him so much.

   "Oh and keep in mind, don't... just stay away from Aaron," he whispered in a hush voice and quickly took off.

   He thought I was with Aaron? Was that what this was about? I turned around to say something to him but he was out of sight.

   "What was that about?" Sarah asked behind me. I shrugged.

   "Nothing, let's get to class."

   ♥♥♥

   I walked into History and took my seat next to Austin. I was going to tell him I would never date Aaron but then the teacher started talking.

   "Alright everyone I have your history projects graded," he announced and began passing out the rubric sheets that had our grade on it.

   I hadn't done it with them so I had no clue if it was good or not.

   He gave one to Austin and it had an A- on it.

   I've never gotten below an A in my life.