Chapter Seven: Divination

Merlin's POV

The last thing I expected to be doing is sitting in a chamber in front of someone called Dumbledore. He is headmaster of this Hogwarts School of witch craft and wizardry but here I am and now I know how Harry must have felt within my time.

"Not to worry, Merlin. Harry told me everything and I am more than willing for you to stay here until we figure something out," he smiled.

"I don't understand why this is happening. Why me and Harry," I said to him.

"I'm not sure I am the one who can answer that but I do know this. You and Harry have met for a reason and maybe soon you will find out why. You will be within Gryffindor and you will be sleeping in the same room as Harry and Ron. One last thing, this is a wand," he said to me as he leaned over and gave me a wooden stick.

"What does it do?" I asked.

"It takes time to practice spells without a wand or saying a spell out loud. You Merlin are a riddle and something that can't be explained. You are powerful but the students and teachers can't be allowed to know this. You will use this wand and Harry will help you to learn which spells you should know at your age. I know this is going to be hard but you are more powerful to anyone here and in some respects even more powerful then I am."

"I have to use this, wand then," I said to him.

"Yes."

"I will do my best," I said to him.

"I know you will, Merlin," he smiled.

------------------------------------------------

"I still can't believe it," said Ron as I followed him and Harry up the stairs for my first ever lesson. I am interested in what a lesson is and what we would do. I am concerned about using a wand though and from what Harry told me about the spells he uses at his age seem a little bit average.

As we got to the top of the stairs and entered into this room we found chairs all around the room going up on slopes almost. We took our seats and not long later a woman began to speak but I couldn't help but grin at what she wore.

"Welcome, my children. In this room, you shall explore the noble art of Divination. In this room, you shall discover if you possess the sight," she said as she banged into the table. Harry, Ron and I began to laugh a little at her as she continued. "Hello. I am Professor Trelawney. Together we shall cast ourselves into the future. This term, we'll focus on Tasseomancy, the art of reading tea leaves. So please, take the cup of the person sitting opposite you."

"I'll give you mine," said Harry passing it to Ron while Ron gave his to me and I gave mine to Harry.

"What do you see?" The truth lies buried like a sentence deep within a book, waiting to be read. But first you must broaden your minds," she said as she grabbed onto one of the boys heads looking directly at him as she continued to speak, "First; you must look beyond!" she shouted as she let go of his head and turned around with her hand up in the air.

"What a load of rubbish," said a girl sitting next to me and Ron now. I think I jumped but I wasn't the only one.

"Where did you come from?" Ron asked as all three of us looked at her weirdly in surprise.

"Me? I've been here all this time," she explained. I knew she hadn't been there before but I tried to ignore that. Harry and Ron must know her. I spotted her looking at me weirdly out the corner of her eye.

"You, boy is your grandmother quite well?" Professor Trelawney asked a boy on the table next to us.

"I think so," he said.

"I wouldn't be so sure of that. Give me the cup," she says as she takes the cup and looks into it. As she looks worried and puts the cup back down she said, "Pity."

"Broaden your minds," she continued.

"May I ask who you are," the girl said to me.

"I'm Merlin but should we be," I said but I got cut across.

"Your aura is pulsing, dear. Are you in the beyond? I think you are," she said to Ron.

"Sure."

"Look at the cup. Tell me what you see.

"Harry's got a sort of wonky cross. That's trials and suffering. And that there could be the sun and that's happiness. So.... you're gonna suffer, but you're gonna be happy about it," said Ron.

I looked at Ron weirdly; he is clearly reading it wrong that doesn't make any sense what so ever. "I'm Hermione," the girl whispered to me. I smiled at her.

"Give me the cup," the teacher asked as she took it but as soon as she looked at it she put it back on the table like she just seen something terrible.

"Oh, my dear boy, my dear.....you have the grim," she said staring at Harry.

"The Grin? What's the Grin?" someone asked.

"Not the Grin, you idiot. The Grim. Taking form of a giant spectral dog, it's among the darkest omens in our world. It's an omen...of death," said another boy.

I looked at Harry concerned but I had no idea what to say to comfort him at this time. Ron took my cup from Harry and looked at it ignoring completely what the boy had just said. "Wait, Professor, Merlin has the same thing!" Ron shouted.

She took the cup from it quickly and looked at it before her eyes landed on me. "You better watch out young boy it also seems that trouble lays ahead for you too," she said.

---------------------------------

As I walked behind Hermione, Ron and Harry I noticed how big the castle actually is as well as how far Hagrid's hut is. "You don't think that Grim thing's got anything to do with Sirus black do you?"

"Oh, honestly, Ron. If you ask me, Divination's a woolly discipline. Now, Ancient Runes, that's a fascinating subject," said Hermione.

"I thought it was interesting," I said.

"You would," smiled Harry at me.

"I'll say a few," said Hermione.

"Hang on. That's not possible. Ancient Runes is in the same time as Divination. You'll have to be in two classes at once" said Ron as Harry and I over took them for a brief second before we stood next to Ron again when Hermione walked faster.

"Don't be silly. How can anyone be in two classes at once? Broaden your minds. Use your inner eye to see the future," laughed Hermione.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok so here is chapter 7 :)

I hope you liked it

Please do feedback and maybe vote thanks

Harry's POV will be in next chapter don't worry