Chapter Nine: Time will tell

Merlin's POV

"I don't get why I won't be allowed to go. I bet I can go, I mean what is stopping me? It's not like I can get my parents permission, I don't see why I have to miss out," I say as Hermione, Ron and Harry walk beside me towards the courtyard.

"It will depend on what the professor says but I guess your probably right but if you not I'm sure you can keep Harry company," smiled Ron.

"I still think that's out of order, I bet she will turn around just ask her," I smile towards Harry and he nods to agree he wasn't going to give up without trying, I'm defiantly not.

As we reached the courtyard we all gathered around as the Professor began to speak. "Now remember, these trips to Hogs-mead village are a privilege, should your behaviour affect poorly to the school in anyway then that privilege will not be extended again," she says.

Harry rushes forward to speak to her and so do I. "No permission form signed, no visiting the village. That is the rules Potter and that includes you too Merlin," she had to add taking a quick glance at me.

"But professor, I thought if you signed it then I could go," says Harry and I nod to agree with him.

"I can't, only a parent or a guardian can sign it, since I am neither it would be inappropriate," she says as she goes to walk away and turns back and looks sad. "I'm sorry but that's my final word," she says tapping Harry on the shoulder and giving me another glance before walking away.

"Don't you think those rules don't apply to me!" I shout but she completely ignores me. I sigh.

"Forget about it guys, we'll see you later," smiles Harry.

Ron and Hermione look a bit upset but they follow the rest of the group."Ah well, even if your this famous wizard of all time still if you don't got this permission slip no going to this village, I really don't get it. I mean I would be so old right now if I was still alive," I say.

"Does seem a little funny but oh well," says Harry.

"Harry, may I ask you something?"

"What is it?"

"The dementor, that scares you the most? I didn't bring it up before, I guess I didn't really want too but I can't stop thinking about it," I say.

"Hello there, must suck you can't go but hey come take a walk with me the both of you," smiles Professor Lupin. We both smile and follow him towards the bridge.

We walked in silence until we stopped half way down it.

"Professor, can I ask you something?" Harry asks.

"You want to know how I stopped you chasing that boggot. I'll thought it be obvious, that I thought it would take the form of Lord voldemort."

"I did think of Voldemort at first but then I remembered about that night on that train, about the dementor," says Harry.

"I'm very impressed because what you fear the most is fear itself, this is very wise," he says.

"Before I fainted I heard something, a woman screaming."

"Well the Dementors force is to make us relive our very worst memories, our pain becomes there power."

"I think it was my mother the night she was murdered," says Harry. All this was new too me and I didn't know what to say, I just listened to the conversation between them taking it all in.

"The first time I saw you, Harry I recognised you admittedly but not by your scar by your eyes, there your mother Lilly's. Yes, oh yes I knew her," he smiled.

"I know I shouldn't get involved," I began. They both turned to me and they smiled.

"Merlin, the greatest warlock of all time, hey? I guess we owe you a lot really. I believe you will be good for Harry, he needs someone like you," beamed Lupin before he continued to talk to Harry about his mum and dad.

I looked across the lake that was below the bridge and smiled. Am I really good for Harry? I guess time will tell.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Look at that, I manged to write some of this!

Its been over 8 months so bad but i finally got something up. Its short but its something

I hope you enjoyed it and comments and votes would mean so much too me! THANKS