Chapter Eight: We'll see

Merlin's POV

"Exactly how do we do that," said a blond haired kid.

"Just stroke the spine, of course. Goodness me," said Hagrid our care of magical creatures teacher. Whatever that is.

As we began to gather around all stroking the spine of our books, which is very odd the boy from divination opened his book for it to begin to bite him.

"Don't be such a wimp, Longbottom," that blond kid said.

"I'm okay. Okay."

"I think they're funny," said Hermione after putting her book and bag on the rock before facing the three of us.

"Oh, yeah. Terribly funny," said the blond kid as we all turned to face him as he continued, "Witty. God, this place has gone to the dogs. Wait until Father hears Dumbledore's got this oaf teaching classes."

Harry walked between me, Ron and Hermione towards the blond kid. "Shut up, Malfoy."

"Oooooo,"!Malfoy said with his other friends. They are worse than when I first met Arthur. Malfoy dropped his bag on one of his friends arm before he walked towards Harry. I walked a bit forward just encase.

Malfoy began to look scared and point behind us, "Dementor! Denentor!" As everyone began to turn around in surprise or fear I had no idea what the heck he was on about so I just walked a bit further towards him as they all put there hoods up and began to make ghost noises.

"Is that meant to be funny?" I asked him. Malfoy eyes landed on me. "What you meant to be?" he asked spitefully.

"Leave Harry alone," I said softly to him.

"Why would I do that," he laughed along with his friends.

"I am warning you," I said.

"Merlin no you can't!" Harry shouted at me.

"What is your name?" Malfoy asked.

"Merlin," I stated to him. Him and his friends began to laugh again. "Based on that myth. Merlin can't be real it be impossible besides who names their son Merlin," laughed Malfoy.

"I don't care what you think," I said as I turned away and put my arm around Harry, "Don't let him get to you," I smiled.

"I won't," said Harry.

As the boy came back over with his clothes now half eaten, I and Harry grinned. "You're supposed to stroke it," laughed Ron.

"Yeah."

------------------------------

We sat in the great hall listening to that idiot Malfoy going on about his arm. I still couldn't believe he had been the idiot to call Buckbeak names, it was his own fault. I could just imagine what Arthur and his knights would do to such a creature and it's completely harmless. Well near enough.

"Listen to the idiot. He's really laying it on thick, isn't he?" said Ron

"At least Hagrid didn't get fired," said Harry.

"Yeah but I hear Draco's father's furious. We haven't hear the end of this," said Hermione.

"Don't worry I am sure everything will be fine," I smiled.

"Merlin you better not be thinking what I think you're thinking?" asked Harry.

"No! I am just being positive," I smiled.

"He's been sighted, he's been sighted!" shouted....Shamus I think his name is.

"Who?" asked Ron.

"Sirus Black!"

We all got come from the table and sprinted over to Shamus and where he had put the newspaper down. "Dufftown? That's not far from here," said Hermione.

"You don't think he'd come to Hogwarts, do you?" asked Neville. I finally found out his name.

"He slipped past them once. Who's to say he won't do it again?" said Shamus.

"That's right. Black could be anywhere. It's like trying to catch smoke. Like trying to catch some with you bare hands."

I could see Harry really distressed by this but I wasn't sure why. I hardly knew anything about Harry and his life. I want to know though and help him if I can.

Everyone began to go away and the four of us sat back down. "So who is Sirius Black?" I asked them.

"He is a big follower on you know who," said Ron. I knew who he was, Hermione had told me.

"And?" I asked.

"He is after Harry," Ron continued.

"Why is he after Harry?"

"I'm not completely sure. Ron's dad just told me that he believes probably Voldemort can come back and therefore he'll want to find me and kill me," Harry said.

"I won't let that happen," I said firmly.

"Thanks Merlin but I'm not sure what you be able to do," said Harry to me.

"We'll see," I said.

---------------------------

There you go guys, sorrry u had to wait for it.

Hope you enjoyed it :)

Please vote and comment cheers