Chapter Eleven: Dementors

Merlin's POV

I didn't quite get how Quidditch worked at first. Ron and Harry tried to explain it to me at least a hundred times before I finally got how the game truly worked. It does sound fun, and I'm hoping watching it is fun because I'll be stuck in the crowd with Hermione and Ron while Harry has the time of his life playing the game.

He has played it since his first year, which happened to be rare, Ron happened to mention that at least two times. Not sure why I needed to know more then once to be honest.

Its morning, the game will be starting very soon. Got time for a bit of breakfast before the game though, I'm feeling really hungry today.

"Merlin you awake yet?" Ron asked storming into the room wearing the Gryffindor colours.

"Yeah, where did you go? Where is Harry?" I ask him.

"I'm not actually sure he don't normally get nervous not sure where he would go," said Ron puzzled.

"I'll go look for him," I say to him.

"You don't have too," he goes to say but I had already left the room, down the stairs through the gryffindor common room out the portray and down the stairs that like to always change, which can get very confusing sometimes.

I searched for Harry in the great hall, the library and even outside in the grounds but I couldn't seem to find him, not until I spotted Harry coming out of Hagrids.

I run towards him with a smile. "Harry we are looking for you. You had Ron worried," I said to him as I reached his side.

"Just with Hagrid. I just wanted a bit of air and it brought me here to Hagrids. Come on lets go get something to eat," smiled Harry.

We took a slow walk back up towards the school as we reached the bridge we found Malfoy Grabbe and Goyle in our way.

"So Potter did you get my note?" he snapped as they all stopped right in our way.

"What note?" I questioned.

"You are an idiot," Harry said, "Just get out our way."

"I don't think so, you won't survive the game this year. Have you seen the clouds or the weather cast? A storm is coming and you are going to be right in the middle of it," he teased.

I don't know why he angered me so much but I let it happen with out thinking. My spell made Draco full flat on his ass. "What did you just do!" he barked.

"You remember one thing Draco, I'm more powerful then you are and no one messes with my friends. Just leave us alone," I say softly.

"Who do you think you are kid? I don't know where you walked out from but go back before you regret it!" he barked again.

This time I used a spell to make them all get flied half way across the bridge. I walked towards them and stepped over them, "Come on Harry lets go eat."

Harry Potter's POV

It surprised me how much Merlin could do and all with out a wand. I did tell him that he needs to be careful. If they caught on he did that with out even using a spell, we may all be in trouble including Dumbledore himself.

It's moments before the game, Draco had been right about one thing the weather is terrible. Its raining, thunder and lightening. This is going to be a hard game to win. I just hope Draco isn't right, lets hope I can win this. I haven't had much luck in the last two years. I had won the game but there have always been problems.

With Merlin around, maybe if anything did go wrong he could help try prevent it from escalating maybe. He is powerful after all, maybe even stronger then Dumbledore.

We are now mounting our brooms, any second the door will open and we will go out onto the pitch. I watch as the door opens and we are off. We all zoom onto the pitch with the Hufflepuffs doing the same.

We are already covered in rain, I already feel cold to the core and the game hasn't even started. I'm not looking forward to this at all.

Merlin's POV

I saw them, no I more felt them before they had even reached the pitch but I couldn't do much, not at first. These clocked figures, Dementors as I have been told they are called. Hovering towards the pitch hidden by the dark clouds and the storm that rages on.

I get up out of my seat, I ignore Ron and Hermione shouting my name. I'm rushing through the crowds of students and down the stairs to the bottom. I find a broom, which I found in one of the changing rooms.

I don't know how exactly to use it, but it seemed to notice my magical presence straight away. Within minutes I'm flying out the changing rooms and on to the pitch.

I hear people shouting, I heard my name a couple times too but I ignore it as I zoom further up into the sky to find Harry, with the Dementors about, he is in danger. I have to make sure he is going to be okey.

I found him but I knew I'm already too late. He is falling off his broom and plummeting towards the ground. I zoom after him as best as I can while the ran collides with my face. I'm not use to this at all and before he hits the bottom I catch him holding him the best I can and keeping my balance on the broom.

I zoom after Harry's broom stick leading back towards the school but as I land near this tree I saw it collide with a tree that is moving and all the pieces off it land on the ground near it, its been torn to shreads. I'm not even sure I would be able to fix it in its condition. Harry is going to be really upset.

I look at Harry in my arms and sigh, "I'm sorry Harry," I whisper. I best get him some help. I think he'll come around, I'm sure there's not too much wrong with him. I don't see my powers being needed here. I'm sure the nurse do a fine job herself.

I place Harry on the ground softly and get the pieces of the broom together wrapped in Harry's wet robe for now. I then pick Harry back up with the broom I had used and Harry's broken broom and head towards the bridge.

As I reached the bridge a dementor appeared out of no where. I didn't have time to waste. I use all the power I have to try get him away and it some how worked. I don't know how but it rushed off in panic.

"Merlin!" I hear my name being shouted. Ron, Hermione and Dumbledore to my surprise are running towards me.

"Is he okey?" they ask as they reach me.

"Of course he is, some rest will do the trick. But I can't say that for his Broom," I say as Ron takes it from me and his face drops as he comes to realize what had happened.

"Can't believe it" he groaned.

"I'm so sorry for what has happened. They should of not been in the grounds. I've sent them off now," he said.

"All but one then," I whisper.

"What?" he asked quickly.

"Don't matter Professor. its alright now. Lets get to the Infirmary."