Chapter Fifteen

Harry's POV

I find myself pacing outside Arthur's chamber door, waiting. Waiting in worry, in fear and concern. How long does it take? I need to know about the letter.  What was in it. If it has anything to do with Merlin. Arthur told me to wait out here. Why couldn't I read it with him?

I hate waiting.

Finally after what felt like forever Arthur stepped outside to join me in the corridor. He looked at me. First I couldn't read his face but maybe I didn't have too. I knew what was coming before he even said it.

"It's a ransom note. Well sort of. They will let Merlin go if I go to them. If I go to save him. They will only let him go free if I hand myself over to them," he said slowly.

"So this has something to do with Merlin being your manservant?" I ask him.

"It has everything to do with it," says Arthur slowly.

"Well you can't go hand yourself over to them. Your father will never agree with such a thing. Your life is a hundred servants but I can save him. I can go. Just let me know where they are keeping him. I promise I'll bring him home," I tell him firmly.

"No," said Arthur roughly.

"What you mean no?" I ask confused.

"I'm coming with you. I won't allow you to risk your life by yourself. You could do with my sword skills, plus they want me. More of a chance we can save Merlin's life that way. This is my fault. His life is on the line because he serves me. He can be such an idiot, but he is my idiot servant and I can't watch him lose his life because of me. I'll kill you if you ever say to anyone but I enjoy the banter with him. He isn't your typical servant," Arthur says.

"No, he isn't," I smile knowing full well he is so much more then just that. "How will you get around it with your father. Look what he did when you risked your life to get that flower for him," I say.

"He can't know," says Arthur.

"And what about the Griffin?" I ask.

"Let's hope it holds off for now," Arthur says looking just as concerned as me.

"And my magic?" I ask him.

"Let's not worry about that right now. Let's just go save Merlin," he says patting me on the shoulder.

"What about me sire?" asks Lancelot who had just arrived next to us.

"Sorry but you will have to wait until I get back to see if your worthy enough to become a knight," says Arthur.

"I understand sire but," he goes to stay.

"Your staying here.  If that Griffin attacks I give your permission to try take it down. I trust you will do your best to protect Camelot. Your one of the best people I know with a sword. Even better then some of my knights. Protect Camelot until I return," Arthur says putting out his hand to shake with him.

Lancelot smiles and shakes Arthur's hand. "I will sire."

Merlin's POV

I wish I could say I'm holding out on some kind of hope but part of me has already given up. I'm meant to be this amazing warlock but I don't see that happening if I die here.

I hear footsteps and a moment later someone arrived outside the cell but not someone I know. It's a young lad, no more then ten years old. He has a plate of food in his hand. He smiled at me pleasantly before he opened up the cell like it hadn't even been locked. Closed it behind him before sitting down in front of me. I watch in amazement as the chains pinning me to the wall unlock and my hands are realized.

"Eat you need your energy kept up," he smiled putting the plate in front of me. I didn't ask how he had just done what he did I just took the bread of the plate and shoved in my mouth and enjoyed it as it slid down my mouth. He then gave me some water to drink which I drank all down at once.

"You must of been really thirsty," he laughed. I nod unable to talk right now.

"I'm sorry," he finally said.

"Why are you sorry?" I ask.

"For my mother," he said.

"She is your mother? I thought she is too young," I begin.

"She looks good for her age. I don't agree with her methods but I don't agree we should live in fear. Your powerful. It's why other had to poison you," he said.

"Poison me?" I say worried.

"Yeah its why you can't use your magic. It will come back soon, but she won't allow that. Its why I told you to eat. She'll down later to torture you before she poisons you again. I better go. She will kill me if she knows I'm talking to you," he said as he got up from the floor took the plate and cup. He then made me put my hands back up against the wall and he re-chained me up with out using his hands.

"Can't you just let me go?" I ask him as he reach's the stairs and the cell door clicks locked.

He looked back at me, "I'm sorry I can't. Maybe if Prince Arthur comes here. We can somehow change the way things are. I'm sorry you have to suffer," he says before he leaves up the stairs.

I slump back against the wall sighing. If Arthur even shows up. I really don't want him too but a part of me wants him to. I feel so bad thinking like that.