Chapter Ten Wonder what the game will bring tomorrow?

Merlin's POV

" Honeyduke's sweet-shop is brilliant, but nothing compares to Zonko's jokes shop. We never got to go to the strieking shake though, we heard its," Ron goes to say but Harry and I over power him, "Most haunted building in Britain, I know."

The staircase is moving and something seems to be happening up ahead, "What is going on?" Harry asks holding the gift from Ron still.

"Probably Neville has forgotten the password again," says Ron smirking.

"Hey," Neville says behind us.

"Oh you're there," Ron says surprised.

I listened to what was happening, well maybe not that much it kept going in and out my head, not much of it really stayed in my head.

Next thing I know a Ginger haired young looking girl comes in front of us, "The Fat Lady she's gone!"

There is a scatch down the picture and no sign of that awful lady who I had seen in it before.

"Deserves her right, she was a terrible singer," Ron laughs.

"It's not funny Ron!" Hermione speaks for the first time in a while. I had almost forgot she had been with us...

I don't get much on what is happening, I look over at Harry who looks as confused as I am, I sigh in concern.

Harry's POV

I lay on my side, we are all in the great hall, after the attack on the Fat lady, and Sirus Black breaking into the castle. I can't sleep, I doubt most of us are laying here a sleep. All listening all waiting just encase he shows up, even if apparently he is nowhere to be seen.

I can't help but be scared, I mean he is after me, Ron's dad told me. Only one who actually had it in his heart to warn me of the concerns of this criminal. What if he had come across me and not the fat lady? What would I have done? Would he have killed me then and there?

I just can't believe he had been so close. I keep my eyes firmly shut as Snape walks by checking we are all asleep.

When Snape is out of eye shot and is no longer paying attention I open my eyes, as Merlin turns to me, with a concerned look on his face.

"Don't worry Harry, we are safe now. I know it must be scary knowing full well he was after you but he failed. And remember if he had found you I would of been right beside you and would of protected you. We have met for a reason, we must accept that and maybe we are meant to protect each other. We will be ready for next time, Harry but he failed so look at that as a positive" he smiles softly.

"I hope you are right, look at what Dumbledore said. Even he is considering to tell me the danger," I say quickly to Merlin.

"Calm down Harry who cares you already know of the danger we are one step ahead. Now come on lets get some sleep," he says.

"Yeah your right lets try sleep."

Merlin's POV

When Snape had arrived in the classroom instead of Lupin I found my mouth dropping. I'm just getting use to classes and I very much liked Lupin, like Harry did. I know Harry finds Snape his worse teacher and I think he is mine too. So him to be running this class today I'm not really that happy right now.

"Turn to page three hundred and ninety four!"!Snape snaps sharply.

"Excuse me sir, where is Professor Lupin?" Harry asks.

I didn't pay attention to what Snape said next, it didn't seem to even reach my ears as Ron nudged me to help him find the page but I didn't get a chance as Snape used his wand to find it for us.

"Were-wolfs?" Ron asked shocked as he looked at it.

"But sir, we just started to learn about red caps and hinky punks, we're not meant to start that for weeks," says Hermione who had some bloody how appeared in the seat next to Harry which I knew to be empty before.

"Quiet!" Snape says annoyed.

"When did she come in did you see her come in?" he asks Harry and I.

Harry looks as Ron confused before back to Hermione.

"I swear she wasn't there before," I whisper to Ron.

"Now which one of you can tell me the difference between Animagus and a werewolf?" Snape asks.

Hermione puts her hand up but Snape blanks her, "No one? How disappointing," he says.

"Please sir, Animaus is a wizard who elects to turn into an animal. A werewolf has no choice. With each full moon when he transforms he no longer remembers who he is. He'd kill his best friend if he crossed his path. Further more Were-wolfs only responds to the call of its own kind."

Malfoy howls like a werewolf which I glare over at him, he is a right bloody idiot isn't he?

"Thank you Mr Malfoy, that's the second time you have spoken out of turn, Miss Granger. Are you incapable of restraining yourself or do you take pride in being an insufferable know-it-all?"

"He's got a point you know," whispers Ron.

"Excuse me sir? You asked for an answer and she gave you one? Clearly no one else knew it? So why didn't you let her answer it anyway? Clearly she knows the same as you or more probably why you didn't ask her in the first place," I say to him with out thinking.

The whole classroom falls silent. "Five points from Gryffindor and for Merlin's rude behaviour another ten!" He snaps . "As an antidote for your ignorance and on my desk for, by Monday morning, two roles of parchment on the were-wolfs, with particular emphasis on recognizing it." he says as everyone groans and moans including me.

I wouldn't even have a clue where to begin with this stuff.

"But sir its Quidditch tomorrow!" Harry says annoyed.

"Then I suggest you take extra care Mr Potter, Loss of limb will not excuse you page three hundred and ninety four!" he says right in Harry's face.

"Sir excuse me? Don't you think your taking it out on everyone a bit too much? We haven't even started learning this yet as Hermione said and you expect us to get it done by Monday with Quidditch tomorrow. I just think your being totally unreasonable," I say.

"Another twenty points from Gryffindor and if I hear one more word out of your mouth you will being serving detention all day tomorrow!" he shuts angry storming to the front of the classroom.

Hermione, Harry and Ron look in my direction and smile. Maybe I might just fit in here after all. I certainly making Snape the most worst teacher I'm certain of it. I wonder what the game will bring tomorrow?

---------------------------------------------

ONE YEAR LATER GUYS AND HERE IT IS CHAPTER TEN LOL

i saw a comment and did this especially for you! Hope you enjoyed comment and vote THANKS!!!!!!!