Chapter Sixteen

Merlin's POV

When I woke up I felt strange. Almost like someone had drained all my energy and had only left just enough to be able to open my eyes but nothing else. Nothing seemed to work with my body anymore apart from my eyes. I just look at the cell I'm still in and wonder if this would be where I will die?

I hate thinking like that. I really do. But my destiny has always been to protect Arthur. Nothing changes that even here. Even if I may die. It's nothing new, dying to me. It pretty much happened once before not long ago. A big part of me wishes I was still at Hogwarts with Harry.  That seems a lot better now then this.

I wonder if Harry is doing alright and I wonder if he has stopped Arthur coming to save me? Only time will tell, but I'm not sure how much time I have left. I look down at my leg, my trouser full of blood and wonder how long I could go like this before I lost too much blood. I don't even know if its still bleeding. I don't have the energy to move anymore.

I hear footsteps down the stairs and I await what is about to happen next.

Harry's POV

I sometimes wonder how Arthur would some day turn out to be King. Somehow and I'm not trying to be rude we are lost. He said he knew what he was doing, but from the looks of it he really don't.

"Arthur we are lost!" I state making him turn around to look at me from his horse. He frowned at me, "I'm pretty sure this is the right way. There was not once this cave here before," he said quickly.

"Well maybe you just took a wrong turning. Let's go back. We are wasting time," I say as I go to turn around.

"Now, now now! What brings Prince Arthur himself to these part of the woods and who does this young lad happen to be?" asked a voice from the cave slowly approaching.

"That is none of your concern. Now if you excuse us we are busy," said Arthur turning to go back with me but only to find a group of men in our way.

"I'm sorry Arthur but no one lets an opportunity like this slip through there fingers," the strong male voice said finally showing himself to us with a long sword out stretched in front of us.

"Arthur," I whisper his name.

"Be quiet," he says to me quick.

"You will ambush me the Prince of Camelot? You do realize you are making a very bad mistake here," said Arthur angrily.

"Maybe we are Prince but there is only two of you but eight of us," he winks at Arthur pleased with himself.

"By the way Arthur you are going the right way but you walked into my little trap," he smirked as the cave that he had appeared from. The cave that looked so real vanished leaving a straight path ahead. Maybe Arthur isn't as stupid as I made him out to be. We were both stupid enough to step right into the trap, but who would of be able to know that?

"You will have a nice price on your head, Arthur. But you are no use to us!" snaps the man making two of his men pull me from my horse and try pull my hands behind my back. I thought quick getting away from them and pulling out my wand.

I don't know what sort of spell I had used, it slipped out my mouth without really thinking but before I knew it I watch as the men collapse one by one. Almost frozen in time. I then smile. The Petrificus Totalus spell the one Hermione used in the first year . I owe her big time.

"Wow, that was amazing but I still not sure," said Arthur getting off his horse to pat me on the back to make sure I'm doing alright.

"Let's carry on Arthur. We have many more miles to go before we get there. Who knows how Merlin is or whether or not he is badly hurt or worse," I say as I climb back onto my horse and speed off Arthur coming up close behind me. We haven't got much time left!

Arthur's POV

When I climb off my horse and look over at Harry I smile. "We're here."

Harry looked back and nodded. "What's the plan?" he asks me.

"I'm not sure to be honest but they will be expecting us," I tell him.

"No only you they will expect," said Harry.

"That's true find a way in. He must be in there dungeon or something. It will be better if we split up," I tell him.

"Yeah I think your right sire. I'll head this way good luck," smiles Harry before he heads off to the back of the wooden like building. I head towards the stone part of the building to my left. I don't know this place very well. I've never been in it, only pass by it on hunting trips or when my father had duties to attend to the villages near by here.

I push open the door and look around no one to be seen. I head down the stairs one by one that are just to my left. Every step makes a loud clap has I step down them. I'm nearly at the bottom, I'm trying to be as quiet as I can. I reach the last step into a small like corridor with cells along it and my mouth opens in happiness as I see Merlin.

"Arthur what are you doing here? You can't be here," said Merlin but I can tell he is struggling.

"Look Merlin, I wasn't going to leave you here to die was I? Who do you think I am?" I ask him.

"I just wish you didn't though," he said sadly.

"Come on I'm getting you out of here and then we are going. No need to worry, Merlin. I'm here now we will both be safe," I smirk at him in happiness as I approach the cell door.

"Arthur!" shouted Merlin but I hadn't been paying attention. I felt something hit the back of my back forcing me to my knees. I felt my hands being forced behind my back, my sword being yanked from me. It was too late to be able to do anything. How could I have been so bloody stupid!

"Well its so nice for you Arthur to finally join us!" a women hissed. "Merlin has been so lonely on his own waiting for his little Prince. Now the real fun and games can begin. You ready Merlin to help your little Prince suffer?" she cackled so loud it nearly burst my eardrum.

Merlin shook his head seeming to be the only movement he could do right now. She opened the cell door unchained Merlin and forced him to his feet dragging him by his hair.

"No leave him alone!" I shout loudly anger rising up inside me at what I'm watching.

"Don't worry Arthur. Your time will come," she winks.