Chapter Fourteen

Harry's POV

I may have got lost. It didn't help that I found a massive tree that had fell down blocking the way I thought had been the way to the river. Maybe it was, but I don't recall hearing any trees falling a little while ago and I hadn't seen the tree near the river before either so I took it to be the wrong way.

Now I am lost. Away from Merlin and I'm so thirsty but I can't find the river anywhere.

I think I should head back just to be on the safe side. I turn around and head back the way I came. Maybe I should of just stuck with Merlin. Could of got some water back in the village. Sometimes I wonder why I have such stupid ideas.

I arrive back where we had been and Merlin is no where in sight. I look around for a while and wonder if Merlin went out in search for me but that's when I saw Merlin's neckerchief on the ground and track marks that look familiar.

Had something happened to Merlin? I'm really worried now.

I didn't stop looking for Merlin until I knew it had become very late and maybe Merlin went back to Camelot in hope I had gone there but I can't help but have this really strange feeling in my stomach, I am really worried something has happened. Why would he leave his neckerchief?

When I got back to Gaius's chamber I found him awake looking up as he saw me. "Where did you go?  Where is Merlin?" he asks me.

"I'm not sure. We went for some air, and then I went to get some water from the river but I got lost and when I went back to where Merlin was waiting for me, I found him gone. All I found was his neckerchief," I say as I put it down on the table. "I looked for him. I really did its why I'm only back now," I tell him.

"You think something has happened?" he asks me.

"I think so. I can't be sure of course not but I'm worried for sure," I say sadly sitting down on the bench.

"He would of waited for you. Something had to have happened. Need to tell Arthur," Gaius say as he gets up.

"Gaius I will tell him," I say to him.

"Are you being serious? Arthur could arrest you then and there and that won't help anyone," says Gaius.

"I have to tell him. It's my fault," I say as I leave the chamber and head towards  Arthur's chamber.

I reach out side Arthur's chamber and knock. He maybe a sleep but I need to talk to him. Finally I heard some movement and the door opens to reveal  Arthur. He looks at me in shock and then sighs.

"I've  been trying to avoid seeing you, Harry. I don't hate you but I can't accept the magic you used right in front of me. I should arrest you right here," he said sadly.

"Arthur I know you can't understand but I used my magic to help Merlin and no other reason. He needed that flower so I made sure he got it. I'm not here to save my life I'm here for Merlin. Me and Merlin went out earlier today, I needed some fresh air but I went off to try get some water from a near by river but when I got lost and returned to where Merlin had been all I found was his neckerchief and some tracks that looked strange," I tell him.

"You think something has happened to Merlin?" he asked quickly.

"I'm pretty sure it has. I have this bad feeling," I tell him.

"You haven't seen him since?" Arthur asked.

"No. He didn't come home? You haven't seen him?" I ask him.

"No not since this morning.  I found it strange...," says Arthur looking at me in more concern now.

"Sire," said a voice from behind us.

It's Lancelot, covered in dirt. "I finished the stable," he said.

"Good you can finish for the day then. Harry, get some sleep if he not shown up by morning. I'll think of something," he tells me.

I nod. "Okay and Arthur I am sorry but I would never use what I have to hurt anyone only protect. Not everyone is as bad as you think," I smile before I head back to Gaius's chamber with Lancelot and inform him of what had happened and that Merlin might be in trouble.

Merlin's POV

I open my eyes slowly, my head pounding. I look around to find myself in a cell of some kind. My hands up chained to the wall. I try break free, even with my magic but it just isn't working. I can't believe this has happened. Why did I have to be found by some crazy women in control of the creature. I sigh in annoyance.

That's when I hear footsteps and a moment later the women appeared with someone beside her I don't know.

"He looks thin," spoke the man beside her.

"I know. He won't last long. Let's hope the little Prince gets the letter soon or he may arrive to a dead servant...if he even shows up," she laughs heavily.

"May I please teach him a lesson?" he asked her.

"Sure why not. If Arthur shows up, he will see we aren't playing around here. This is totally serious. Anyone who is close to him, serves him or befriends him will suffer for the ways in which they live. Killing our kind like we don't mean anything. We are born this way, we will not hide!"!she says loud before she leaves up the stairs and the man waits until she is gone before he approaches the door to the cell.

"So your Merlin," he said as he opened the door and closed it behind him.

I look up at him but don't say anything.

"Not going to talk?" he questioned. I shake my head.

"Why is that? Know we are right? Know that you betray your kind. Serve a man who would just kill you," he whispers as he kneels down in front of me.

"Maybe but sometimes you just need time to change. Arthur will change," I tell him firmly.

"There is no time to make friends with people who will kill you. Why do you have such hope for this one man?" he asks me gripping onto my hair tightly.

"Because its my destiny too," I tell him firmly.

"Well I'm afraid Merlin, your destiny ends here," he smirks as he pushes me roughly against the wall. "Let's see how long you survive while trying to succeed on this destiny shall we? I don't think it will be long."

He says a spell softly, so I don't quite catch it.

"Have fun," he smirks before he leaves the cell locking it behind himself and heads up the stairs leaving me in the dark. That's when I felt it. The pain coming from  my leg. I watch as blood seems to wet my trouser. I feel myself suddenly feel really sick and another part of me felt sorrow and I don't think I had felt lonely then I do now. If Arthur saves me he will get himself killed but if he didn't come...I'm going to die down here, alone.

I hope the letter don't make it to Arthur. He is still my destiny, I will protect him till the end.

Harry...save me. You are my only hope now.