13

•Vanna•

"I promise."

The words escape my mouth as I look at Jiyong.

He looks up at the sky little tears rolling down his cheeks, I hear him sniffle a bit.

"I'm a horrible person." Jiyong looks at me.

"No Jiyong you've made horrible decisions that doesn't mean your a horrible person at heart."

I hear Jiyong chuckle a bit.
"You don't have to make me feel better, I know I'm a bad person Vanna."

"Bad people can change."

Jiyong looks away from me fiddling with his fingers.

I reach over and grab his hand holding it in mine.

"I'm going to help you as much as I can oppa, but you have to be willing to accept my help." I smile a little at Jiyong.

He looks at me, looking into my eyes.

"I want your help, I don't want to be like this anymore. But I just want you to know it's not going to be easy to get me off, I get very bad mood swings, shaky, and sick when I don't take a hit for awhile, and I dont want to hurt you anymore."

"It's okay, we will work together."

Jiyong nods and smiles at me rubbing his thumb against my hand.
We sit there in a comfortable silence enjoying the nice weather.

Jiyong speaks up. "I'm sorry Vanna."

I look over at him.

"For everything, I took you from your friends, your life, all because of my crazy feelings for you."

I stay silent not knowing how to respond to Jiyong.

"Here call whoever you want." Jiyong hands me his phone.

I look at him surprised.
"Really?" I question.

"Yes go ahead."

I bite my lip dialing my mom's number.

"Yeoboseyo?"

I close my eyes and smile hearing my mom's voice.

"Eomma it's me Vanna."

"Oh Vanna my baby how are you I haven't heard from you for awhile. What have you been up too."

I look at Jiyong who is already staring at me.

"I've just been busy eomma, with school and work. I just wanted to give you a quick call."

I hold back my tears, if I continue I know I'll just break down. I can't do that I already promised Jiyong I'll help him.

"Okay sweetheart I'll let you go, make sure to call more."

"Okay bye eomma love you tell appa I love him too."

"Okay I will, I love you too sweetie."

I hang up and hand Jiyong his phone wiping my eyes.

"W-Why didn't you tell her that you've been kidnapped?" Jiyong says confused.

"I thought about it, but I promised I will be by your side and help you."

Jiyong comes closer to me trying to pull me into his arms.
"Vanna I--."

"Come on I'm getting kind of cold."

I interrupt him standing up.
We walk inside.

"How about I make us some food, you need to eat you are very thin Jiyong oppa."

I pull him to the kitchen. I start to look through the cabinets pulling out some ramen, I start to cook it Jiyong is just standing there quiet.

"This is the first your actually quiet." I laughs bit.

Jiyong just smiles a little.

I finish making the ramen and put it into two bowls sitting down at the table with Jiyong I start to eat.

Jiyong eats slowly taking small bites.

I watch him in the corner of my eye, he stops eating taking deep breaths, he looks like he keeps trying to swallow his spit.

"Jiyong are yo--."

As I speak Jiyong stand up running to the bathroom.
I run after him, he tries to shut the door but I run in before he can, Jiyong starts puking in the sink coughing and heaving.

"Oh my god." I run to the kitchen and get a water bottle running back to the bathroom.

Jiyong's hands griping the sink as I pat his back.
As Jiyong is coughing I hand him the water.
He takes it and washing his mouth out, drinking big gulps.

"What happened Jiyong? Are you okay oppa?"

Jiyong clears his nose rubbing his throat.

"My stomach is just rejecting the food."

I rub Jiyong's back. I notice his hands are shaking.
I look at him, he has his eyes closed taking deep breaths.

"Okay distract me, I don't know I need to get my mind off the need. Anything please."

"O-Okay umm let's go for a walk, lets go." I run and put shoes on taking Jiyong's hand and walking out the front door.

My first time seeing the front of this place all I see is roads for miles and hills.

Interlocking my fingers with Jiyong I pull him along walking down the street.

"Vanna i don't know, we need to go back I can't I need it." Jiyong stops walking.

I face Jiyong standing in front of him. "No Jiyong you don't need it."

"Stop! You don't know anything. I need it!" Jiyong raises his voice.

Jiyong starts walking back to the house, I grab his hand. "Jiyong stop."

"Let go of me!" Jiyong rips his hand from my grip walking to the house.

I follow trying to keep up with his fast pace.

"Jiyong your stronger than this. You can fight against the need."

I try to talk him out of this.
We get inside the house, Jiyong walks upstairs to his room.

"Please Jiyong you don't want to do this, it won't help at all."

Jiyong walks into his room slamming the door and locking it.

I pound my hand on the door. "Jiyong don't do it please."
I stand there only hearing Jiyong's movements.
I lay my forehead on the door closing my eyes sighing.

"Jiyong." My voice comes out in a whisper.

How am I going to do this?