Chapter 40 - Breakfast

We spent the rest of the morning in bed cuddled up, let's just say we didn't exactly just spend the morning lying there doing nothing, we made love, we kissed, we enjoyed one another's company. "How do you feel about marking" Paul asked as we lay together, "as in you biting me whilst we have sex?" I questioned glancing up towards Paul's who slowly nodded obviously worried about my response. "I'd let you Paul, it will only make our bond stronger so why not, I love you so as long as you will always want me, I want you to do it" I said slowly awaiting his reaction. "I will always want you M" Paul said lovingly before kissing me again. By the time evening drew in we had made love many times and I was now marked as Paul's forever, it did feel strange his bite mark on my neck, the area was now slightly warmer than the rest of my body, I don't know why none of the other imprints never wanted to be marked but I liked it, I felt closer to Paul, I knew now he would always be mine. Paul had texted the pack earlier on in the day telling them not to come over unless it was urgent seeing as we were occupied with each other. Fortunately, Collin was spending the day with Evie, otherwise he would be walking in on something he wouldn't want to see.

Paul had taken my mind off thinking of Harry, the pain was still there but he was distracting me from my pain reminding me that I had a reason to carry on, I had a reason to live. I knew I would never ever forget my first born Son, he will always be special and he'd never be replaced, I had to carry on living my life as if he was still here rather than falling to the pit of depression I wanted to.

I couldn't believe I was going to marry Paul, my best friend, my soulmate, I was going to be Mrs. Lahote, something I only dreamed about and wrote about in my diary back in my early teenage years. I hadn't realized I was staring at Paul until he broke the silence we were comfortably sitting in "What you staring at beautiful" he said making my heart flutter with is words, "you, I can't believe you're are mine forever, you're going to be my husband Paul" I said a smile gracing my face in glee. "I cannot wait for the moment I get to call you my wife, we are going to have a long and happy future together baby" he said kissing my forehead, I rested my head on his chest my knees draped over his legs, "how're we going to tell the pack?" I questioned, "well, if I remember correctly you invited everyone, pack, imprints and council members over for breakfast tomorrow so how about we let them work it out for themselves" he whispered in my ear making goosebumps appear all over my body.

The next morning;

I had finished baking the muffins which were now cooling, Paul was helping me cook some bacon and sausage currently, I couldn't believe we were engaged. I just hope everyone will be happy for us. This is my little piece of happiness which is keeping me going after everything we had been through. "It looks wonderful babe, everyone should be here right about ... now" he said as the door opened, they had all arrived at the same time which was strange. "Hey darling, how are you feeling?" my mom asked a concerned look playing on her face, "I'm ok mom, Paul's helping me through" I replied hugging her, "I'm glad, you do look better than you have recently, you're starting to get your glow back" she said as she placed her hand on my cheek, my mom really did love me which I truly was grateful for she was the best mom anyone could ever ask for.

As I glanced around the room I saw Paul laughing with Embry, Leah and Quil, Jake and Jade had just walked in with the girls. Jake looked slightly better than he had recently, we were just waiting for Sam, Emily and Leila. Jake walked over to me and tired looking Jess in his arms, "hey Mia" Jake said standing beside me, "hey Jakey, hey Jess are you tired darling?" I replied. "She was had a nightmare last night and was missing Harry" Jake replied for her, his face showing pain as he mentioned Harry, "can I have a cuddle Jess, I miss him so much too" I spoke softly to her, she reached out her arms signaling she wanted me to hold her, Jake handed her to me before going to Jade. "If you ever miss Harry darling, remember he never leaves us, he's there even if we can't see him, you know why?" I said, she shook her head not knowing why "...because he's always in here" I said pointing at her heart, she nodded before placing her head in my neck hugging me tighter.

Sam and Emily finally arrived with Leila, they were late because Leila was hungry and Emily was feeding her, Jess had gone to play with Leigh now she had cheered up a little after we comforted each other with a hug. "Em, pass her over, I want cuddles with my niece and you need to eat. I'm not taking no for an answer" I said firmly but friendly, she knew not to mess with me when it came to me getting her to eat so she happily passed her over. Paul had finished eating and made his way over to me wrapping his arm over my shoulder as we both looking down at a sleeping Leila, "you know when I see you with her and the twins I can't help but think of you with our kids" Paul whispered in my ear. It shocked me, I hadn't thought about having kids with Paul since we lost Harry, but I smiled as the memories came flooding back, "I'd like that Paul, they'd never replace Harry so they will always know about their big brother" I said meeting his eyes before looking back down at Leila who was stirring in my arms, before she could begin to cry I started rocking her slightly, "of course they wouldn't babe, he would be their guardian angel remember" he said as he kissed the side of my head.

Eventually I had to let Leila go, other people wanted to hold her, "Mia?" Jared said which caught my attention, "yeah?" I replied, "is there a reason you smell more like Paul than normal" he said whilst raising his eyebrows, which bad me blush so bad. I covered my face with my hands as I was pulled into Paul's chest as he chuckled at my embarrassment "OMG!!!!! WHAT IS THAT ON YOUR HAND MIA" Leah screeched excitedly from the other side of the room, that certainly got everyone's attention. She ran over pulling my hands, "OMG ITS BEAUTIFUL, DOES THIS MEAN YOU'RE ENGAGED!!!" she shouted excitedly, "yeah, he asked me yesterday" I said looking back at Paul who was smiling proudly. "I'm so happy for you" Leah said pulling me in for a hug, "you look after my sister, or else I will kill you Paul, Alpha or not" Leah said with all seriousness to Paul. "I'd never hurt her Leah, she's my imprint after al" Paul said pulling me back into him kissing the top of my head before everyone crowed around us congratulating us both wanting to look at the ring.