Chapter 18 - Back to reality

I slept the best I ever had in months, I slowly got out of bed being careful not to Jake who was snoring softly beside me, he looked so peaceful. Once I had left my bedroom I made my way into the kitchen making a coffee before heading to the sofa turning the television on watching the news, I realized I was getting old if I was watching the news in a morning, I would be 22 in a couple weeks' time, I was getting old, Jake would be turning 19 in 12 days. I opened my MacBook logging into my university account deciding I should do some more work, the rest of my degree was taught online, I had completed all the lab classes therefore I could take the rest of my classes online. I had gotten a lot of my work and reading done before Harry woke so the moment I heard his cries I logged out and headed towards his room, he was stood holding onto to rails of his crib, "morning baby" I said to him, "mama" he said when he saw me reaching his arms wanting me to pick him up so I complied him snuggling into my neck, he really loved his cuddles especially in a morning walking back into the kitchen I made him some juice sitting him down in his high chair before making him some porridge another thing he loved in a morning. "Open wide, Mr. Airplane is coming," I said waving the spoon round making airplane noises until he wanted to feed himself but in the process getting it all over himself which I cleaned up with baby wipes.

Collin and Jake were still in bed but they had patrol in an hour so I decided to go and wake them both heading to my room to wake Jake first "go wake daddy" I said to Harry placing him on top of Jake he crawled towards his face and starting hitting him on the nose, Jake obviously realized it was Harry and started tickling him making him giggle. Knowing that he was awake and able to watch Harry I made my way to Collin's room which was down the hall, he had decided he wanted his room to be white with one black wall which his bed was pushed up along, "Collin, wake up you have patrol soon I'll make you some breakfast" I said shaking him, he just grumbled a reply he wasn't a morning person when he woke up give him 10 minutes and he would be fine. Walking back to the kitchen I got the bacon and sausages out of the fridge whilst also getting a frying pan out of the cupboard, I placed 4 sausages for each of the boys into the pan and put 4 strips of bacon onto the grill for them too also putting two pieces on for me too whilst that was cooking I made them both a coffee and also toasted their bread.

Once the food was cooked and the drinks made I shouted the boys who came rushing to the kitchen both of them thanking me and also giving me a kiss on the cheek however Jake also kissed me properly "I could get used to this" he laughed. They soon left for patrol leaving me and Harry on our own, the house was clean so there was nothing for me to do so I decided to head over the Emily's rather than staying in the house on my own so I left a note for the boys to tell them where I was, instead of driving I decided to walk so I put Harry in his push chair. It didn't take long to get there and thankfully it wasn't raining, I walked straight in to Emily's to see she was actually sat down for once and not cooking,
"am I seeing things Em or are you actually sat down and not cooking," I laughed to which she joined in, "Sam's orders he wants me to finish the wedding off so if you are free tomorrow we can go dress shopping?" She asked, "yeah I'm free, you're going to be the most beautiful bride Em you know I'm so happy you found your soul mate it's so cute the way he looks at you, I wish I could have that " I sighed facing the reality of what could happen, Emily's face was crossed with something like she knew something but couldn't tell me but I decided not to press her on it she would tell me when she was ready.

Emily was going to Port Angeles with Sam so I didn't spend long there before I ended up going back home therefore I decided that I would cook dinner for tonight; a chicken dinner because no doubt all the pack would be round here seeing as Sam and Emily weren't going to be back. So I decided on two chickens, roast potatoes, carrots, mashed potato, peas and a few other bits of veg, by the time everything would be finished cooking it would be around 6 pm which would be plenty time for the boys and Leah to come over yet somehow I predicted that Seth wouldn't be coming he spends all his time at the Cullen's now I know she is his imprint but he needs space from her too his own time to see his family and his brothers I did really miss him but it's his life I can't stop him as long as he is happy that's all that matters. The boys got back around 3 pm, Collin collapsed on the sofa and decided he was going to watch the kids channels with Harry as he was too tired to change the channel, Jake however came and helped me in the kitchen which was a first "this is a first, Jacob Black cooking," I said to him "can't I spend time with my girl," he said in response kissing my cheek. I quite liked this new Jacob, he was happier and more loving he was more like his old self before his mom died "invite your dad and Embry's mom and I'll invite mom and Charlie" I said to which he nodded but also saying he would invite mom and Charlie for me, he was now back to 'normal' with Charlie seeing as he revealed himself to him so he could be let in on the secret so Bella would be able to stay a little longer as he understood now that she had to undergo a 'change' to get better but to stay safe he would be on a 'need to know basis' which he wasn't over the moon about but if it meant his daughter didn't have to leave again with his granddaughter he was happy.