Chapter 6 - Bad News

Now I knew the 'big secret' I was allowed to be around everybody again, me and Leah have been staying together a lot more rather than her being with the pack since all they did was hang at Sam and Emily's. It hurts her seeing them together still even after how long they've been official for now. But I understand her pain. I wouldn't want to see my ex with my cousin. She even has to put up with his thoughts about her, I wish she would imprint then she could finally move on and forget him. Be happy. It's now been 8 months since they ended, they say time heals all wounds but so far it hadn't. I just hope that it eventually comes true. I hate seeing Leah so heartbroken. So today we were having a family day, me, mom, Leah and Seth, we wasn't seeing Harry today unfortunately. Jake said I wasn't allowed to see him that I needed a day off and that I was to have a family night. So he is staying with Harry all day, I'm just glad he won't be alone, he has his daddy. 

"Mia, come on stop texting Jake they're both fine and there's nurses all around" Seth wined at me once again "Seth you'll understand when you have kids. He's really poorly Seth I can't stop worrying about him, I should still be carrying him where he's safe!" That shut him up. Leah had put some action film on that I hadn't been paying attention too, she'd also taken my phone off me now. "I'll go make some popcorn" I offered seeing as I don't know what was happening, it's not my fault my mind is elsewhere, my son who is less than a month old is in hospital attached to breathing and feeding tubes, it's heart breaking as a mother to see your child suffering so much.

"Mia, where's the popcorn?!" Seth shouted like the impatient annoying but totally lovable little brother he is, "here baby face quit your whining" I shot back whilst sticking my tongue out. I loved the relationship me and Seth had, one minute we could be taking the absolute piss out of one another and then the next he was so loving and caring. He would make a good boyfriend/husband for one lucky girl one day, he'd wait on her hand and foot. Mom and dad did good bringing him up, I'm proud to call him my baby brother. Getting back on the sofa I lay my head in Seth's lap letting sleep finally take over me after not sleeping properly since Harry was born.

*Jacob POV*
He was so perfect, I don't regret the night he was made, only the day after. The day I phased. I had to leave her, my best friend. We'd grown up together but I knew she'd be alright she had Leah, Seth, Sue and Harry. The person I was more cut up about leaving was Bella, that bloodsucker had broken her, and I was the one who was slowly putting her back together. She was starting to become the old Bella, back to herself not the zombie he had left, why did she have to go and 'save' him. She could have been happy with me, I can give her more than he can. Harry is proof of that. He has his claws in her so deep she won't even acknowledge that I might be better for her than he is, I can't even see her that much anymore, I'm so called temperamental, I can't be trusted. I'm not the one who drains people, he's the one who can't be trusted. "Mr Black I need you to step outside the room" one of the nurses interrupted my thoughts "What! Why?" starting to get angry, they can't take me away from my son! "Harry's having some problems, I think you should call Miss Clearwater, he may not make it through the night" those words made my heart shatter, my Son might not make it, I best ring Mills. Pulling out my phone my hands trembling, tears threatening to fall I get Mills number up, the longer there was no answer the worse my nerves got, she'd hate me and herself if she wasn't here I was the one after all who told her not to come today to have a day with her family. I tried her phone 15 times, still no answer, no answer on Sue's, Seth or Leah's phones either. I was starting to panic. So I dialed Embry's number, he lived near the Clearwater's, after three rings he picked up "EMBRY I NEED YOU TO GO AND GET MILLS, HARRY MIGHT NOT MAKE IT QUICK PLEASE" I rushed panicking, "Ok Jake, but please keep calm for Mills and Harry's sake" he ended putting the phone down, I took deep breaths looking through the window at my son, nurses and doctors surrounding him, trying to keep him alive.

Half an hour later I see Mills running down the hospital corridor tears staining her cheeks I open my arms as she runs into them "Jakey what's happening to our boy?" she barely gets it out "he can't breathe Mills, he's having a hard time they don't think he is going to make it through the night" I say before we both break down. Sue, Seth, Leah and Embry arrived as I was telling Mills what the doctor had said Sue just pulled Mills into her arms as she cried her heart out. "Mr Black, Miss Clearwater please if you'd come with me to my office" Harry's Doctor, Dr James spoke firmly, I wrapped my arm round Mills as we followed him to his office, once we had sat down I took hold of Mills hand, slowly stroking the back of her hand with my thumb. I was trying to be strong for her even though inside I wasn't. The doctor took a huge breath in before he began "We have been running test on Harry and his development is impressive however we have found that he has Juvenile Myelomonocytic Leukaemia" that's when Mills broke down "What does this mean Doc" I questioned as Mills couldn't ask, she was falling apart "There are many options of treatment, however this type of Leukaemia has responded well to Stem Cell Transplantation, the most common stem cell match would be someone in the family, so it would be best as soon as possible if we could receive as many samples off family as you could possibly get, I will let you go speak to your families, if you need any more information you know where to find me." 

Authors note 
Thank you to everyone who is reading and commenting it means a lot to me. 
This part of the story is taking place between New Moon and Eclipse, therefore the eclipse events take place a year later just so they can fit in with what i have planned.