Chapter 20 - The Truth

"Mia, I'm so so so sorry I caused this, this is my fault I should of been home sooner I should of been there to stop them taking you," I recognized that voice but it was so broken, it was Jake's voice but he sounded like he was so lost as if he had lost someone he loved with all his heart, I wished I could wake up and tell him everything was going to be okay but I couldn't open my eyes I couldn't move. "Jacob, you need to tell Mia about the imprint when she wakes up, she deserves to know," I knew that was Sam's voice what did he mean tell me about the imprint, has Jacob imprinted on someone, I knew we were too good to be true I knew he would leave me just like last time and just how Sam left Leah for Emily, why couldn't I have my happy ever after just like everyone else. I had to leave, as soon as I was better I'd leave and move across country to New York, Maine maybe even Georgia anywhere but here I can't sit and watch my heart be broken even more watching him move on so easily like what we had never existed, like I never existed, would he even think about Harry. "I can't tell her Sam, she wouldn't understand, she will end up hating me for not telling her sooner," Jacob said with a sigh. It was true he had imprinted and not recently a while ago, whilst I was with him does that mean he cheated on me? That's when the beeping started, my heart rate was increasing the more I got worked up about the whole Jacob imprinting situation, "Jacob I think it's best you leave if you are going to talk about this, she may be in a coma but she isn't brain dead she can hear everything, I can read her thoughts. She doesn't want you here," Edward said, I'm guessing Jacob left as I never heard him say anything but seconds later heard a pained howl in the distance after that all I heard was silence.

*Leah POV*
I was sat beside my sister, I hardly ever leave her side now from what the mind reader has told me she enjoys my company as she forgets about Jake breaking her heart even if he didn't imprint on someone else she still thought he had which has really hurt her, but she has been healing as if she was like one of us, Billy seems to think it is because she is the Alpha's imprint and she has magic in her blood but she isn't destined to be a shapeshifter like the rest of us which makes her special, it fulfils the legend. I just hope when Jake can finally explain the truth to her that she will accept it, he made her happy and she made him happy they really were true soul mates. "Lele," a voice croaked from beside me Mia was awake, everyone hearing this in the house came rushing in. Jake was the first by her bedside the look she gave him was heart wrenching, she was heartbroken "let him explain Mia, you don't understand please just give him the chance to explain" I said to her trying to reason with her to let him tell her the truth, she just nodded her head to which Jake could not stop thanking both me and Mia for. Carlisle stopped Jake speaking to Mia so he could carry out his observations first but all was good to go as long as she kept her fluids up and stayed in bed. So both of them; Jake and Mia had decided to wait until they were back at home before they had their talk, "text me Mia, I want to know how it ends okay, just keep an open mind please and trust him," I said to my sister before hugging her.

*Mia POV*
I was back in my bed at home, Jake had drove us back and then he had carried me to my room as soon as we had got back but then left I guess he didn't want to talk. He came back in a couple minutes later carrying a tray with water, tea and biscuits on he knew me too well, "now we can talk," he said slowly I just nodded for him to continue, "before I start just don't interrupt you can ask questions later and keep an open mind Mills please for me... so you already know that I imprinted and I'm sorry you had to hear it the way you did because it sounded nothing how it was meant to but Mills I imprinted on you, the day I first saw you after leaving you when I first phased, in the diner in port angles when your waters broke that's when I imprinted but I never realized, I thought it was because I missed you. There is a legend that dad has now told us that when the true alpha of the pack imprints he will be blinded by what he thought was love so he wouldn't realize his true soul mate, he would see it when the time was right, his imprint would be loving, kind, nurturing as if she was a mother to the pack and would do anything to protect them even if she was afraid of the cold ones. The alpha would finally know that she was his soul mate when the time was right, I never thought you was mine as I had to wait until Nessie was born so that Seth could find his, the day you were screaming at Bella protecting me and Seth was the day I finally came to my senses, the one person in my life who has been there for me no matter what was who I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. Mills I have always loved you and I always will, I loved you the way I do now before the imprint even happened, I have loved you since we were 13, I couldn't have been happier when I found out Harry was mine it meant I would always have a piece of you no matter what, you would always be in my life even if we couldn't be together we had Harry, a piece of me and you. I love you Amelia Clearwater and want to spend the rest of my life with you."

By the time he had finished I had tears in my eyes, he hadn't imprinted on anyone else, he had imprinted on me, he'd never leave me for anyone else he was mine and I was his. He had loved me since I had loved him we both felt the same for almost 10 years, I couldn't be any happier than I am right now, "Mills?" Jake questioned seeing as I still was yet to say anything, "Jakey, I love you with all my heart," I said before pulling him for a kiss which started slowly but slowly starting getting more heated with passion, "I know we can't do anything seeing as I'm on bed rest but Jake would you move in, I know you live here but I mean move into my room, this can be our room" I said staring into his deep brown eyes, his response a simple kiss, "I'll ring Leah and get her to bring Harry round and Collin too, we can have a proper family night seeing as we are back together, I promise I won't let anyone hurt you like them bloodsuckers did, I won't lose you again." Jake said kissing my head before standing up to go and ring my sister, no one could wipe the grin off my face, I could not be happier than I am now I would never have my heartbroken by Jake he was my soul mate, we were made for each other, my best friend.

Leah was round with Harry and Collin in a flash, it was as if she had been sat outside the whole time, knowing Leah she would have been wanting to be the first to know they had instantly jumped on my cuddling me. "Miss mama," Harry said, "I missed you too baby boy, momma's not going anywhere I'm here to stay with my boys" I said cuddling him and Collin. Life couldn't get more perfect than right now, I had Harry, Jake and Collin with me, my three boys who got me through that hell home with the bloodsuckers.