Chapter 29 - Here comes the bride

Things were finally looking up for me, I got to spend more time with Harry as Jake was planning his upcoming nuptials, I had been invited but I was still yet to decide if I was going to accept the invitation but I was spending so much more time with the pack, the pack decided to give Sam and Emily more space as they had decided to try for a baby therefore mine and Paul's house was now the packs basecamp if you could call it that. I was always busy with work, Harry or feeding my pack of wolves, but I was happy for once, I actually felt happiness after months of being in a dark depression cloud.

"Mia, can I talk to you?" Jake asked nervously, I simply nodded walking away from the cooking leaving Kim to watch over the food whilst I followed Jacob down towards the beech, "I want to apologise for hurting you, I shouldn't of done what I did, I should of waited and explained what had happened before anything happened between me and Jade, maybe then you wouldn't of gotten hurt. I want to be best friends Mia, we were best friends, we still can be, I want you to be happy for me and Jade, she's who I was truly meant to be with, I hope you can forgive me and be happy for me?" Jake spoke, I didn't know what to say his words were harsh but truthful, inside I was hurting but I couldn't show it I had to be the bigger person, I had to let him go be happy even if I did love him... wait did I just say I did love him as in I no longer love him? "Jake, I forgive you, it hurt so much what you did and that hurt will never go away but you're Harry's father and it isn't good for him to see us fight so for his sake I'm forgiving you, of course I want you happy Jacob you were my best friend but I don't think we can ever go back to being best friends like we were you hurt me too deep for us to ever go back to that, but I can try friends, if not for our sake but for the sake of our families and most importantly for Harry's sake. I will attend your wedding and I wish you both the best," I said trying not to let the tears I was holding back start to appear in my eyes, I was finally letting him go but I wasn't sure how I felt about that, I couldn't think about that, not until I was alone. "thank-you" the only word Jake breathed before he walked off back to my house leaving me to follow him.

As I walked back into the house, Paul eyed me quizzically before he made his way over, "what was that? Don't tell me there is something going on with you and him M, he broke your heart!" Paul said starting to shake as he spoke, I touched Paul's arm trying to calm him "Pauly, there is nothing going on between me and Jacob, he is getting married and was asking me to forgive him, be happy for him and be best friends again, I have to let go Paul, it's the only way I can move on with my life I know me and him can never be and I have to face that fact. I've told him we can be friends but only for the sake of the pack and Harry" I said letting out the breath I had been holding in as Paul's tremors started to slow down, I was pulled into his warm chest, one place I felt safe and reassured that everything would be alright as long as Paul was in my life, my best friend who helped me through the hardest times in my life, Paul didn't say anything just held me close. He knew what I needed. I let go of him to go back to the food I was cooking for the pack and their imprints, it was almost ready, Lasagne with roasted vegetables.

I cut a small slice for myself and Harry before laying the trays onto the table before calling everyone in, as they all dug in I moved to the smaller table at which Harry was sat blowing on his lasagne which I had cut into small chunks for him, he was a good boy and without him I really don't think I would have pulled through everything that had happened in my short life so far. He is the reason I get out of bed in the morning, the reason I push myself to excel in my work, everything I did was for him, so he could have the life he wants, so he can go to a good college or do whatever makes him happy. Collin came and joined me and Harry, he looked nervous, "Col what's wrong?" I questioned concerned about him, "I have something to tell you mom...promise me not to butt in or freak out, ok?" he replied, I simply just nodded, "I imprinted on someone, she's from Forks, her name is Evie Weber, I think you know her sister Angela" he said looking down as if he was scared of my reaction so I took a hold of his hand a huge smile on my face. "Collin, I'm so happy for you, you've found your soulmate, you treat her right ok and I want to meet her as soon as you're both ready for that. I know you will look after her you're mom and dad would be so proud of you darling because I know I am" I was genuinely happy for him, I knew Evie, she was a lovely quiet girl from a nice family she suited Collin so I couldn't wait to see them together, "thanks mom, I hope they are, but I have two moms, one in heaven and one in front of me and neither of them will be replaced I won't forget you now I have Evie, I can't wait for you to meet her you'll love each other" he beamed, it helped me forget about Jacob seeing him so happy, looking around the room everyone was happy, Sam had Emily, Jared had Kim, Quil had Claire, Jake had Jade, Embry had Leah, Seth had Nessie, but then there was Paul who was sat on his own at the other side of the room, it pained me to see him upset before I had chance to ask him if he was OK he had left sprinting out the door, I guess I shall speak to him when he gets back.

*Skip to Jake's wedding day*

The day I had been dreading had finally arrived, Jake was marrying his true soul mate, Harry was a page boy and the twin girls they had were flower girls, the processional music was about to start, I decided to sit at the back on my own everyone else was part of the wedding, I hadn't been asked thankfully because I don't think I could of done it and I didn't want to sit near my mom and Charlie just in case I couldn't take it. My heart broke at the sight of Jade, she looked stunning, she actually looked perfect for Jake and he looked so happy to be marrying her, why couldn't I just be happy for them I was over Jake. Jade was wearing a cream sweetheart neckline dress which had embroidery on the top up to the waistband where the dress flew out, it suited her, I couldn't help as a stray tear betrayed me luckily it could be passed off as happiness, everyone cries at weddings? I zoned out for most of the ceremony until the I do's came;

I, Jacob Ephraim Black, take you Jade Tiffany Jones to be my lawfully wedded wife.

I then blanked out, I wasn't in pain, I wasn't feeling any emotion anymore they were married now, the minute we were able to leave the ceremony I left heading towards where the reception was being held, I decided to sit on a bench behind a tree where no one could see me, I need some space to figure out why I didn't feel anything when they were pronounced husband and wife was I truly over Jacob Black?