Chapter 22 - Shock

Rachel had called my mom explaining everything that had happened with Jake so she had decided to bring Harry round for me instead of me going getting him but I was in no fit state to look after him, my eyes were puffy and red from crying all night and I had the hangover from hell I decided I couldn't sit and wallow in self-pity in Rachel and Paul's spare room all day I dragged myself out of bed changing into the clothes that Rachel had left for me and made my way into the lounge where Paul, Rachel, Collin, Harry and Quil were they all just gave me sympathetic smiles apart from Harry of course he hadn't got a clue what was going and started shouting mama the minute he saw me which did make me smile a little. "You and harry are welcome to stay here as long as you need to Mia, we understand" Rachel said to me, "thank you Rach but I think I'm going to live at my mom's she's never home anyway she basically lives at Charlie's now, Leah's moved into Embry's so it would just be me, Seth and Harry" I replied thankful for her offer. "Do you need us to move some stuff over for you Mia?" Paul asked me, I nodded saying "that would be so much help, but first I need to grab myself a coffee and some Tylenol" I said before heading to the kitchen, knowing what everyone likes I made them either coffee, tea or in Harry's case juice them all thanking me.

"I best be off to work, I'll pop round later Mia," Rachel said before she left, she hadn't even kissed Paul something was going on with them two they weren't acting like they usually did, Collin and Quil had left for their morning patrol just before Rachel had left. "Paul, what's going on with you and Rach has something happened?" I questioned, "Rach will explain later, just don't hate me, let's go and get your stuff," he replied basically avoiding looking at me which worried me but with me knowing Paul so well I decided not to push it.

Jake wasn't at mine when we got there him and his slut had gone, four suitcases later I was all packed and so was Harry's stuff it hadn't taken long for everything to be packed up and for me to move in back home I never thought he would have done this to me but after what he has done I don't think I can take him back now. "Mia, what happened why are you back here, I've found out from everyone on patrol," Leah said as she rushed in I sighed not wanting to repeat what had happened but I had to tell her she was my sister, "last night at the wedding Jake and Jade were kissing then after Emily and Sam left I went back home to find them having sex in my bed" I said letting the tears flow for once she didn't start shaking she pulled me close "he's not worth your tears Mia, he will realize what he is missing and it will be too late for him you deserve someone so much better he has hurt you way too many times now" she said to me trying to comfort me but it wasn't really working. All I wanted to do was curl up in bed with a blanket and tissues and watch films, Leah eventually got the hint and left but I didn't get the time alone I wanted as Rachel had just arrived, "Mia, I need you to sit down I don't think there is going to be any easy way of telling you this," she started which had me worried "you know when I moved back to La Push and I said that Paul imprinted on me... he actually didn't I just presumed and told everyone and it was too late for him to deny it at that point but my ex wants me back so I'm moving back to Seattle and living with him, we're engaged I hope you'll be happy for me" she said, well that was a bombshell "is Paul ok? Are you sure you want to go back to Fred?" I asked only wanting both of my best friends to be happy, "Paul is fine he wants me to be happy, there's still a chance he could imprint and yeah I want Fred with all my heart, plus I forgot how many memories of my mom are here... the worst part is I'm leaving today I don't want to leave you right now with everything that has gone on with Jake now..." that's where I stopped her, "Rachel, go be happy, I'll be fine I always get through it you never know you might be getting a visit off me sooner rather than later" I said with a slight smile towards the end. She hugged me and left in the taxi which was taking her back to Seattle.

I decided I would call Paul to see how he was, I knew he loved Rachel even if he didn't imprint on her he would still be hurting right now he picked up on the fourth ring
Hello? Paul answered
Hey Paul, its Mia. Rachel just told me everything I just wanted to see if you were ok?
You worry too much Mia, I'm fine the real question is are you ok?
To tell you truth Paul I keep telling myself I'm fine and that I'll get over it but I don't know if I can, everywhere I look I see him and get reminded of what happened I don't know if I will ever trust him again
I know Mia, you are the strongest person I know but you aren't alone in all of this you have all of us
If you aren't busy tonight do you want to come round, Seth is and the Cullen's so we can have a movie, pizza and ice cream night like we used to do?
Of course Mia, I'll be right over won't be a minute

Paul only lived next door so when he said he won't be a minute he means it, I'm glad I still have my best friend through all of this I don't know what I would have done without him.