B L ♛ 23

Eva

The cool breeze came to me as I opened my office door. I notified Pharah I was leaving and she said it looked as if I was about to pop. I chuckled a bit then made my way down the elevator and then to my car. Since I will be taking my maternity leave as of tomorrow for three months, Pharah will just take over and make sure everything is in order. Only two more weeks left then Princess Mackenzie will be here. Kavon and I have decided on the name Mackenzie Kaleyah Hanes. Princess is just a little nickname that I thought would be cute.

My mother, Hazel and Pharah did a pretty damn good job surprising me with a baby shower. It was at my parents house and we actually enjoyed ourselves. Princess Mackenzie has so many clothes, boxes of diapers, formula, bottles and toys already. Her room is so full, it's ridiculous. Unfortunately, Kavon could only make the last ten minutes of the shower and those ten minutes were good. Yeah I was upset but eventually got over it when I saw that ring.

I got up slowly supporting my back as the doorbell rung. A smile came upon my face because Evan is coming over, I have been a little lonely since I got from work and Kavon took a mini trip to Tampa, don't ask me why.

"Hey E" Evan smiled as I looked him up and down.

"Hi baby brother" I hugged him then pushed the button for the gate to close and proceeded into the living room.

We both sat on the couch, I reached for the fruit salad I was eating on but couldn't get it. Evan laughed then got it for me.

"Damn E, you look like you about to explode" He said with a roar of laughter.

I rolled my eyes "Sparkle get em' baby" I said. She got up from her little doggy bed and began to playfully jump on Evan while he laughed. My but got warm and I felt under myself. My heart instantly began to pound.

"E-Evan" I spoke on the verge of tears as the sharp pain went through my middle.

"Yeah, you okay?" He asked looking towards me.

"My water just broke we need to go... Now!" I yelled as I got up quickly to slip on my sweater and Toms. Evan got up panicking.

"Get the baby bag on the top of the steps and put Sparkle in my room. I will be in the car, Evan please hurry" I said as the tears from the pain rain down my cheek.

I sat in the passenger seat as I breathed heavily. My mind was on nothing but Mackenzie because she isn't due till two weeks from now. Lord be with me because Evan is about to drive. He sped down the street as I winced at the pain from the I am feeling. These pot holes aren't making it any better either. Exactly five minutes later we arrived at the hospital and I was took in to care immediately.

*

So far five hours into labor and I am only four centimeters dilated. Hazel is here now along with my mother. My body isn't use to this type of pain, so every time I feel a contraction I cry and maybe even scream.

"Did you try again?" I asked Hazel as she paced back and forth around the room constantly calling Kavon. She began to speak meaning Kavon answered the one thousandth phone call.

"Kavon" She shouted.

"Eva is in labor, get the fuck here!" She said then ended the call. I wiped the tears and then sniffed.

"What he say" I said as I rubbed my belly.

"They will be here no later than an hour" She said then went back out into the hall. I rolled my eyes then looked over at my mother and she was sitting down calm as day. She caught me starring at her.