B L ♛ 26

Eva

"How is she doing?" I said into the phone. Princess was currently with my mother and father. Upon me returning to work I need someone to watch her. Kavon started doing certain things dealing with his business during the day. Leaving him to only watch her only a couple of days out of the week.

"Fine, getting into any little thing she lays her hands on.. now Eva baby go back to work, she's okay" My mother reassured me then hung up the phone. After exhaling, I prepared my document to be put in my briefcase. Their were two meetings I had schedule today. My mind really hasn't been in this company lately, I still have a passion for Vogue but it just feels as if I am not here. After placing the Starbucks Mocha back on my desk, I began to get restless. I decided on calling Kavon.

"Hello?"

"Baby, what's up?"

I exhaled "Uh, nothing just working you?"

"On my way to get Mackenzie from your parents.."

"Damn, I wish I could get off early"

"Baby you'll be fine, you are just use to being around Princess all the time..." He sighed "Princess is six months now.. breath a little aight?"

"Okay.."

"I'll see you at two.. I love you"

"I love you too, kiss my baby for me"

The call ended and I place my elbows on my desk with my hand in between my hands. In my twenty eight years on this earth I have nothing felt so clingy to a child, I guess that is because it is my child. Mother hood is such a beautiful good thing, it is bitter sweet and I wouldn't trade it in for the world. There was a knock on my office and I granted them access. The mail man came in a dropped off a few envelopes of mail. One from my boss, a design coordinator and another from an unknown source. I scrunched my eyebrows in curiosity as I placed the others on my desk paying attention to the unknown mail.

It was a Manila envelope, this was sent to me from "K Kuts". K Kuts sounds familiar as hell. After opening the mail there were enlarged photos. The first was all black, I placed all pictures down after getting frustrated looking at the first. I observed a muscular hand, a gun, a orange suite. I was getting confused as hell. Then, I figured out to connect the pictures to see if there was a bigger picture to be mad. I stood up from my desk and observed the picture that was laying in front of me and shook my head.

I cussed under my breath "The hell"

Kavon

"Wahhhhhhh" I heard Princess yell. I finished the chip I was eating then looked at her extending her hand. After shaking my finger at her I told her she couldn't eat this. As if she knew what I said she hollered out. Which caused me to pick her up. I went into the refrigerator and got her a cup of peaches, she'll just eat that. After sitting her on the couch, I drained the juices from the peach cup and gave it to her. She can eat with her fingers.

Princess can't walk yet, but she sure be trying sometimes. All she do is crawl around and get into things. Which is why we had to baby proof the entire house last month. I glanced at the time then exhaled, Eva should be here anytime. Princess began to crawl up to me and cry. I exhaled, this girl has me wrapped around her finger already.

"What's wrong Princess?" I said as I kissed her cheek. She placed her head on my shoulder then exhaled deeply. Just as I got comfortable on the couch with Mackenzie in my arms, I heard the sound of Eva's heels clicking through the hallway until she was in our sight.

She smiled "Hey baby.. look at my baby" She cooed at Princess as she came over to pick her up but not after giving me a kiss on the lips.

Eva began planting kisses on Mackenzie as she smiled and giggled. "So what's up with you?"