45 Celebrations

She had this way of always finding the good and believing in everything despite all that she had seen. And that is what I loved the most- the pure magic of her undying hope.

~Becca Lee

~~~~~~

Darius and Stacey went out in the garden where some of the guests along with Dove asked Stacey if she was okay.

"What happened to you back there. Stace?" Aaron asked with his brows furrowed together.

"Nothing to be worried about, Aaron."

Aaron crossed his arms over his chest and raised his eyebrow, asking in low tone, "Really? I don't think whatever happened back there was nothing as you put it. So now tell me what it was."

Darius growled and tightened his arm around Stacey's waist. His eyes started turning black as he said, "Don't you dare use that tone on Stacey or force her to talk about something that bothers her."

"I am talking to my friend so I will really appreciate if you will keep your opinion to yourself." Aaron stated firmly, matching Darius' menacing look with his own.

Stacey kept her hand on Darius' torso and rubbed it softly. Saying, "Calm down, you both, please." She turned towards Aaron and whispered, "Onie was in a relationship with Mark."

"Mark? Your brother?" Aaron enquired with raised brows.

Stacey nodded her head. "Mark has always been sick up here, I guess." She pointed to her head and continued, "He just hid it well when he was with Onie. They had a rough time but I refused to believe Onie. It haunts me till now. Seeing her here, after eight years brought back some unnecessary memories and questions. There are answers that were too much for me so I had an attack."

Aaron's frown deepened as he curtly nodded his head in deep thought. Shaking his head, he smiled at Stacey who gave him a questioning look.

"Enjoy you both." Aaron turned around and disappeared into the crowd, heading towards Onie and Yohan. Stacey just hoped that Aaron would understand everything and not make thing turn out worse than they already were.

"My surprise?"

"Here."

Stacey's eyes widened in excitement as she heard the familiar voice before turning around and looking at Nathan who was dressed up in black suit. He had a warm, fatherly smile on his lips as his eyes were moving between Darius and Stacey.

"Uncle." Stacey's whisper turned into a squeal as she latched herself in his arms, earning an amused chuckle from Nathan.

"M child, how are you? Missed me?" Nathan enquired with bright eyes.

"Of course, I did. That is why I have been texting you but you never told me about coming here."

"Now that would have ruined the surprise, wouldn't it?"

Stacey nodded her head and said, "Whose idea was that? No, don't answer. My guess is Darius." She turned towards Darius who smirked at Nathan.

"Not only Darius have surprises in store for you. Others can be thoughtful too." Nathan spoke haughtily.

Stacey smiled up at Nathan and winked at him. "Now I know how your son is good at planning surprises."

The light laughter of Darius and Nathan made Stacey smile at them.

"So did you enjoy all of your surprises?" Nathan enquired, sipping wine.

"I did. Everything was just perfect. Your son has got brain up here. I used to think that it was empty." Stacey and Nathan smirked at Darius who narrowed his eyes at them.