3. Anger

The emotion that can break your heart is sometimes the very one that heals it.

~Nicholas Sparks

~~~~~~

"I-I want to come back, papa. Please take me back from here." Stacey's voice cracked at the end of the sentence.

"What happened, Stacey? Tell me, sweetie." Alexander panicked as Stacey let out a sob. She shook her head and wiped away her tears.

"We are coming there, Stacey." She heard Antony's voice as well and she knew they had gathered again for their family dinner which made some more tears roll down her cheeks. She put a fist on her mouth and swallowed hard the lump forming in her throat so that the sob could not escape her mouth. She cursed herself mentally as she realized that she had interrupted their hearty get together which was now like a ritual for them. After Dove's and Ryan's wedding the Kents started having some family time with Antony and Jade at least twice a month. All od a sudden she felt guilty and selfish for ruining their family time.

"No please papa Antony. You don't have to come here. I am sure I will manage without you guys."

"But why are you crying Stace?" Dove's voice held worry and slight anger.

"I just miss you all so much. It is still hard for me to adjust here."

"You sure, Stacey? If you don't feel like being there we can come and get you back at any time." Xavier said.

"You know you are always welcome here, sweetie." Kaira's motherly voice calmed down Stacey slightly. She smiled to herself knowing well that they all loved her but she had to fight this battle alone. It was her battle and she was not ready to give up.

"I know mum but I will get used to this in no time. So how are Viny and Gracie?" She said, feeling the need to change the topic.

As everyone believed her lie she sighed and talked to them.

Five days had already passed but the entire media still wanted to know about Darius' new fling as they called it. Paparazzi were most of the times outside Darius' mansion, trying to get some reaction out of any of them. Stacey was still shaken from Darius' yelling. She looked at the sleeping Stella from the glass doors of the balcony and she knew no matter what, she had to survive all the torture for her daughter's future. It was not that the Kents were not providing for them. In fact they had accepted both as family but she needed to fight for herself and her daughter for independent lives. She did not want to depend on the Kents, specially Aaron. Although he was covering most of their expenses still she felt bad for taking his help. They even had an argument but at last Aaron won and he paid for almost everything for both of them. She felt like a burden on him and took the opportunity to come to Melbourne. Moreover, she wanted to settle down her past friendship with Darius but for now the latter seemed much more difficult than she had expected it to be.

Stacey stared at the night sky and admired the way everything illuminated under the gentle moonlight. Her thoughts, instead of staying at peace wandered freely but every time they went back to Darius. She frowned and shivered as his cold eyes and menacing look took over the huge part of her thoughts. Something was seriously wrong with him. She wanted to figure out all of Darius' mysteries even though he scared her. She wanted to live in his mind, beat in his heart and embed herself in his each pore just to understand the new side of him. She hated the fact that she cared for someone who probably despised her with his whole might.

'And who is at the fault? Don't pretend that it was not done by you.' Stacey's conscience taunted her, adding to her guilt.

In the past nights she had realized that Darius spent most of his night outside. He either came back in the late night hours or early morning. His days were spent in the corporation but during nights he just never showed up. The thought of him with some other woman angered as well as tortured her but she did not feel the right to confront him. She knew things between them were left hanging in between and she took all the blame but now she felt that it was their chance to be friends at least. She wanted to apologize for the past but he was never in the mansion. She had not even got a glimpse of him which both worried and angered her.