8. Lover's Touch

For lovers, touch is metamorphosis. All the parts of their bodies seem to change, and they seem to become something different and better.

~John Cheever

~~~~~~

"But why does the witch have to be there in the party?" Sophia whined whilst glaring at Stacey.

"Sophia, she is the designer of the corporation. Besides, she modelled and saved everything from going to ruin." Nathan stated the obvious.

"Love, we can't let our personal differences harm the business." Lucas kissed his wife's temple who just huffed and ate her dessert.

It had already been three days since the show and the media was giving its own statements related to Darius and Stacey. Some of them even included Stella. As the show was successful so they were going to throw a success party and being the chief designer Stacey had to attend it. From all the mean glares and harsh words that she had been getting from Sophia just made her realize how much she was hated by her. Sophia even called her the witch which hurt her. But Lucas was warm to her and did not accuse her of anything. He balanced Sophia really well and then there was Briana who was a total sweetheart to Stacey and even Stella. Nathan told that his daughter was just hurt for Darius and she was taking it out on Stacey for which Stacey did not mind at all as she confessed that it was her fault. But Lucas was the wise out of the two and refused to reach on any conclusion without knowing the entire story of Stace and Darius.

Stacey ignored all of the remarks thrown by Sophia at her which added to Sophia's annoyance. After all, she had much more important issues to attend. Darius' words were still playing in her mind like a broken record. Aaron was not himself and they both had not talked for more than a minute or two in the past three days. Xavier left the next day after the show because of the business call. Aaron was still here as Stella did not want him to leave yet. The day he had to leave, Stella cried and threw a tantrum which made Aaron extend his stay.

"So who will be going with you on the party, Stacey?" Lucas asked.

Stacey just shrugged her shoulders and said, "I have not decided that yet."

Sophia scoffed and said, "As if someone would be willing to accompany the witch here. No, wait! You will find someone who will trust you and then you will leave him hanging. Because that is what you do the best."

Nathan glared at his daughter whilst Stacey sighed softly and said, "I am sorry for hurting your brother, Sophia. I understand you are being protective over him and it breaks your heart to see him so shuttered and lifeless. Believe me no one is more remorseful than me. Even to this day I regret y decision but at that time it was necessary. I am sorry for hurting him but just know that I am no better than him. I am hurt as well. It adds to mu guilt and pain that Darius is shutting everyone out. He is not only one suffering here."

Sophia blinked her eyes and let out a bitter chuckle. "Sue you are hurt after shoving him in the hell."

With that said Sophia stormed outside. 

"I am sorry, Stacey. She is-"

"Hurt. I understand and you don't have to apologize Lucas." Stacey gave him a small smile.

Aaron and Nathan were silent for the entire time. Aaron wanted to stand up for Stacey but she had already forbidden him from doing so.

Nathan sighed and said, "I should go too."

As Stacey was about to leave Aaron said, "Uh Stacey, I would like to have a conversation with you."

"Let me take Stella to the bed and then we can talk."