Chapter 29

Chapter 29

Jezebel's POV

Confusion seemed like the understatement of the year at the moment. After everyone relayed the events of the last hour I could have sworn they were trying to pull a prank on me. If it wasn't for the concerned look on Josh's face I would have started laughing at the ridiculousness of what they said. There was an atlas sitting on the table right in front of me and they showed me the piece of paper with my hand writing on it.

"B-but, I don't remember anything.......I-I..." I whispered a little freaked out.

Charlie cut in angrily holding up the piece of paper filled with numbers and what looked like gibberish, "And you've got no idea what all of this means."

I shrunk away from the severity in his voice, "I've told you already, I have no idea-"

Jay cut me off, "But you were speaking in the old language. You can't tell me you don't know anything about that?"

I buried my head in my hands and groaned, "How many times do I have to say I don't know anything and I don't remember anything."

I looked up at Josh who was sitting across from me on the other side of the table. Our eyes met and I was suddenly overtaken by an exceptional idea. I had an escape plan. I tried to hide the smile that threatened to give everything away. Trying not to show my excitement I quietly picked up the piece of paper that I had supposedly written, with my right hand. With my left hand I slowly slid it across the table until I was holding Josh's hand.

Looking up into his eyes I gave him a look which I hope he understood to be an "I have a plan, just trust me" look. I wasn't really sure if my plan was going to work, but if it works in Harry Potter then why not for me? Holding onto Josh's hand a little tighter I slowly read over the last bit written on the page and ran through my plan.  I took a deep breathe to steady my nerves.

Staring into Josh's eye's I read in a steady voice, "55 degrees, 12 minutes and 38 seconds North; 2 degrees, 31 minutes and 53 seconds West; Kielder Forest- Excalibur is where I want to go."

At first I thought it didn't work because nothing happened. I glanced over at Josh and he looked at me puzzled. Switching my gaze to Charlie, Kyle and Jay I could see their diverse range of expressions. Kyle looked bewildered, while Charlie appeared to be suspicious and Jay seemed a little angry. I on the other hand felt extremely disappointed as I realised I had gotten my hopes up. I repeated what I had said out loud in my head twice more in a desperate attempt to make the plan work.

I had given up all hope and leaned heavily against the table still holding tightly on to Josh's hand. No one had moved, all in their own little world thinking. Out of nowhere a soft golden light started to glow. Surprised a looked around for the source, but I didn't need to look far. Josh gasped and I looked down at our intertwined hands. Where they met a golden glow was slowly getting brighter. A smile spread over my face and I could have jumped in joy if I had the time.

I held on tightly to Josh's hand as I saw Charlie make towards us. I used magic to fling Jay, Kyle and Charlie well out of the way. A loud popping sound emanated seemingly from thin air and then I felt it. It was like we were being sucked through a tube. One minute I was sitting in the RV staring at Josh in surprise and the next we were floating in darkness. I didn't feel like we were moving but I knew we were.

I was gripping Josh's hand like it was a lifeline and I knew it must have been hurting but I was scared that if I loosened my grip I would lose Josh. Just as soon as the darkness enfolded us it disappeared and we were falling. Fast. We were high up in the air and I could see the ground rising up to meet us. I swallowed down the scream that I so desperately wanted to let out. Trees were everywhere but the two of us were falling towards a small clearing with a large rock in the centre.