Chapter 19

Chapter 19

For the rest of the day we just walked around the place. We went down to the wharf and had a look at the massive cruise ships that were docked. Then we walked through the many, many streets of shops but didn't buy anything. The air was incredibly crisp and the sky was overcast but that didn't seem to bother Josh. The whole time he was either holding onto my hand or had his arm around my waist. And I liked the feeling I got when he held me close, like I was forever safe in his arms, that no harm could come to me as long as Josh was there.

As we walked around Chris and Daniel discretely trailed us from behind, never losing sight of where we were. They did a good job because half the time I forgot they were even there. We stopped at Subway for lunch and then went for a walk through Stanley Park. There were red maple leaves all over the place and it made the walk absolutely beautiful. I really love squirrels and every time I saw one I would squeal "Squirrel!" and Josh would just laugh at me.

By the time we got back to the hotel I was so tired and in need of a hot shower because I was freezing. After we had both showered we ended up just ordering room service and eating in. Josh's parents weren't back yet so the two of us ate with Chris and Daniel. From that dinner I learned how the three of them were such good friends. As it turned out Chris and Daniel were really good friends before Kyle crossed sides.

I tried to get more information out of the as to what they meant by "crossed sides" but I didn't get anywhere. I mean I didn't even know there were sides. Why were there sides and what were they fighting for? Which side was I on? Has the sides got something to do with why Josh's brother tried to kidnap me?

So many questions buzzed around my head but I knew I wasn't going to get any answers tonight. Josh briefly disappeared in the kitchen for a couple of minutes without saying why, but I think I could guess the answer. I remember him telling me that he drank a glass of blood with his dinner and I guessed he didn't want to do that in front of me.

Conversation fizzled out after that so Josh and I went to go and watch TV in his room. I can't honestly say that I remember watching anything. After I hopped up next to Josh and rested my head on his shoulder I feel straight to sleep. So I suppose you could say I watched TV with my eyes closed.

Josh's POV

I barely heard the knock at the door and then the slight squeak of the hinges. I opened my bleary eyes and propped myself up a little.

"Knock, knock," a voice came from the direction of the door.

I looked down to see Jezebel was still asleep peacefully resting on my chest.

I rubbed my eyes as the voice came again in a sing song tone, "Joshie it's time to get up, it's nearly 10:30."

Finally the voice registered, it was Chris and Daniel. Crap! It's Chris and Daniel. Jezebel is going to freak when she finds out Chris and Daniel are here. I sat up more hoping the sheet would cover her so they wouldn't know she was there.

Daniel spoke now, "Oh good you're awake."

I quickly glanced down again at Jezebel who was now fully awake and looked back at me with wide eyes.

"What are you doing?" I asked trying to get them out.

"Waking you up of course. If you want to get anything done today you better get up before the daylight is gone," Chris replied.

Daniel cut in smugly, "I was going to suggest you go and wake up your girlfriend but it seems she's already awake."

Jezebel's face went bright red and she groaned as she pulled a pillow over her head. I turned back towards Chris and Daniel about to go off at them but Chris got in first.

"Time to get up. Five minutes before we come in to get you guy's up, ok?" he asked.

I didn't reply as they closed the door behind them. Jezebel was still buried under a pillow and I started to pry open her fingers to move the pillow. She put up a good fight but being a vampire I eventually won. I moved the pillow from her face and she gave me an unhappy and "I'm never leaving this room" look. I smiled down at her encouragingly.

"I am never leaving this room and I'm never going to be able to look Chris or Daniel in face again!" Jezebel whispered to me, "And I can't believe you just used your vampire strength on me!"

I laughed mischievously, "What ya gonna do about it?"

She gave me a scandalous look before she pulled me down closer to her. Just before our lips met there was another loud knock at the door.

"Seriously guys! We're burning daylight, get up already!" Chris yelled through the door.

This time I groaned, Chris and Daniel really had bad timing. I kissed Jezebel on the top of her head and conceded that we had to get up. Gingerly she opened the door and walked out to get dressed in her room. I could hear her telling Chris and Daniel "Don't say a word" as she went passed. I rubbed my face and ran a hand through my messy hair. I had a feeling this holiday was going to get interesting.

Jezebel's POV

I quickly brushed my hair and threw on a pair of jeans, a shirt and a very warm coat. At the last minute slipped on some shoes and walked out of my unused room. Daniel gave me an all knowing look and I glared at him back, daring him to say something. Chris said it was too late for breakfast and told us we would have to wait until lunch if we wanted something to eat. That was fine by me because I wasn't hungry anyway.

The four of us went down to the car park and found our cars. It seemed Chris and Daniel had a taste for expensive cars too. The car they were sharing was a silver Porsche. We got in our separate cars and started off towards Grouse Mountain. I was so excited I really wanted to go to Grouse Mountain because the view is supposed to be amazing and I've always wanted to see a bear, they have bears at the top of the mountain.

As soon as we left the car park I knew Josh's dad was right; the weather today was so much better than yesterday's. Clear blue sky and barely a cloud to be seen, but was it cold. Josh drove to the Grouse Mountain parking like he knew the way like the back of his hand, in fact he was an amazing driver I thought. That and when I'm in the car with him I don't feel like we're about to crash.

The four of us bought tickets to ride to the top and waited in line to get in the cable car. I don't think any of us realised how many people they actually put in the one car. I swear there were at least one hundred people squeezed in. Daniel and Chris got separated from Josh and me as we were kind of shunted into the cable car. I ended up being pushed right up against Josh as people were crowded in together. He had his arms around my waist to make sure I wouldn't fall when the car started moving.

I so badly wanted to stand on my toes to reach up and kiss him, but there were two little kids standing right next to us watching us like hawks. That and I didn't think their parents would want them to watch two teenagers making out. So I refrained from kissing Josh and resorted to just staring up at him. When the cable car started moving I almost jumped a mile into the air but Josh held on to me tightly and tried not to show his amusement.

Once we reached the top everyone piled out of the cable car and we met up with Chris and Daniel. Then for the rest of the day we watched every show, went up every chair lift walked everywhere possible and looked at everything there was to see. Grouse Mountain really was beautiful and the view was amazing. Luckily I brought my camera and I took so many photos.

A couple of times Daniel had to remind us to keep it G rated every time Josh and I kissed, for the little kids running around the place. The four of us ate lunch inside the lodge type building and then went out for one last look at the bears before sitting down to watch the Lumberjack show.

It was nearly 6 o'clock by the time we got down the mountain and to the cars. If I thought yesterday was cold I was wrong, today at the top of the mountain was absolutely freezing but it was the best day with Josh. When we got back to the Fairmont all I remember is having a shower and then sitting down on the couch.

At least I was getting some good sleep as well as quality time with Josh on this holiday.