Chapter 21

Chapter 21

I really enjoyed the feeling of waking up in Josh's strong and warm arms. I think Chris and Daniel got used to the idea of it after three days of finding us asleep in the same room. As I lay sleepily next Josh he whispered in my ear that we didn't have anywhere to go so we could stay in bed as long as we like. I think we could have lay there for hours together and let the world fall away. But as comfortable as it was to have Josh play with my hair as I drew patterns on his chest we had to get up eventually.

As I tried to get out of bed Josh pulled me back in wrapping his arms around my waist. I fell back against the bed and looked up at Josh faking a frown. He kneeled beside me looking down at me. He put one hand on the side of my face and smiled. I placed on hand over his and smiled back. With my other hand I touched the necklace he gave me last night, which I refused to take off. I moved both hand to the sides of his face and slowly brought his mouth to mine.

He leaned over me and our lips met. He kissed me softly and sweetly at first. But then we both started to kiss back with more passion. Josh moved so he was kneeling over me instead of being beside me. I ran my hand through his slightly messy hair and pulled him closer. With one arm Josh slowly started to push my pyjama shirt up all the while he never broke the kiss once. I really thought we were going to do it, that was until there was a knock at the door.

We broke away from each other instantly startled. We were both breathing heavily and I could feel my face getting hot.

"Guys get up! We've got stuff to do!" Chris yelled through the door.

Josh groaned and whispered to me, "They seriously have the worst timing in the world."

I rubbed my face with my hands and nodded my reply. Josh got up and was about to walk into the bathroom but came back quickly. I got up and came right up close to me.

He kissed me briefly on the lips and then moved his mouth right next to my ear, "Maybe next time."

His tone was so cheeky and before he turned around he hooked his fingers at the top of my short and pulled back the waistband. He let it go making it snap back against my waist. He gave me a naughty smile before darting back to the bathroom and closed the door before I could come after him. I laughed at Josh's funny behaviour and went to go and get dressed.

After we'd both gotten dressed and had something to eat the four of us congregated in the lounge room.

"Why the hell are you getting us out of bed? We're not supposed to be doing anything today," Josh asked a little annoyed.

Daniel smirked as if he knew exactly what Josh would have preferred to be doing and replied, "Just because you didn't have anything planned for today doesn't mean we don't."

Josh scowled at Daniel's fake apologetic tone.

Chris rolled his eyes but answered the real question, "We thought since we weren't going out anywhere that maybe Jezebel should start trying out her magic."

My face lit up, "Yes! We should definitely do that!"

Josh laughed and I frowned at him. He just smiled at me and then it was my turn to roll my eyes.

Then I realised something and my face fell, "But I don't know how to use it, the magic."

The four of us sat there thinking for a few moments before Josh sighed.

"Yes you do," he said serious at last.

I looked at him confused.

"When you woke up that morning after you were awakened and the whole thing with Kyle. The only reason we all got out of that alive was because you used your magic," Josh explained.