Chapter 27

Chapter 27

Josh's POV

I woke with a start and sat bolt upright. My eyes flew open and I quickly glanced around the room desperately searching for a way out. I had been asleep on a queen bed in a room with the door closed. In front of the door sat a guy in a seat. A werewolf around a few years older than me. As soon as I sat up he shot out of his chair and lunged towards me. Still a little slow from just waking up I didn't get out of the way quick enough.

He jumped me and I tried to roll sideways but he grabbed the back of my shirt and pulled me backwards. We grappled on the bed briefly before the werewolf won over me. With my arms pulled behind my back and face down on the bed he hauled me up right and pushed me through the now open door of the bedroom. I knew I must look a little dishevelled because when Kyle saw me walk out he looked at my head and laughed. As I was roughly pushed past a low lying single bed I saw Jezebel fast asleep. I tried to stop walking but was pushed on further.

Kyle nodded his head to the side and the guy holding me shoved me in that direction. It was a two seater seat at a table for four. I was pushed into the seat against the wall. Opposite me sat Jay and Charlie. Kyle leaned against a bench and my captor sat down beside me. I looked back at where Jezebel was lying wishing to go back to her.

Kyle snapped me back to attention by asking, "Are you hungry Joshie?"

I glared him for calling me Joshie and answered, "A little."

While he was busy getting something out of the fridge and whatever something was niggling at the back of my mind. I couldn't quite catch it but something bothered me. I looked down at the table frowning. From what I guessed we were in a bus of sorts. There were three up the front and one was driving. Then there was the three at the table and Kyle. Out of nowhere a hideous howl echoed through my head.

My head shot up as the memory was brought to the front of my brain.

Almost in a growl I said, "You didn't have to kill Chris or Daniel."

Kyle snorted and without turning around answered, "Yes I did."

Before I had a chance to continue to argue with him Kyle walked over and placed a glass on the table.  My jaw tightened at the colour of the liquid in the clear glass. Deep red. I clenched my fists and shot Kyle a menacing look.

He smirked at me, "Drink up brother."

"No."

He came closer putting one hand on the table and leaned closer to me. With the other hand he pushed the glass so it was a few inches from me.

"You will drink it or-" I cut him off angrily.

"Or what?"

He looked annoyingly smug, "I'm glad you asked. Or else I will tie Jezebel down and then wake her up. Then I'll let Jay screw her while you watch."

I gaped, horrified at the threat.

Kyle continued on more to himself and the others than to me, "I have a right mind to do that anyway after the bloody stunt she pulled earlier."

Someone from the front laughed and yelled, "You should!"

Kyle turned back to me, "So what's it gonna be? Drink or......"

Hating my brother with every ounce of my being I picked up the glass of blood. Slowly I downed the glass and set it back on the table.

Kyle looked delighted, "See! Was that so hard?"

I clenched my fists, took a deep breath and wished looks could kill. Kyle then took the glass and busied himself in the kitchen. Something he said before about Jezebel caught my attention and I was about to ask. But my question died on my lips as I watched Kyle place the refilled glass back on the table. I sat there staring at the glass and felt sick to the stomach. I wasn't supposed to drink more than a glass a day, not being a full vampire and all.