Chapter 12

Chapter 12

"How do I look?" I asked as I slowly spun in front of my laptop.

"Ah-mazing!"

"Freaking awesome."

"Absolutely beautiful."

My three friends chorused at the same time from my open laptop. I was doing four way Skype with my friends back in Australia.

"Are you sure?" I asked nervously.

"Yes you look wonderful! Everyone will look plain and boring compared to you," Etinney reassured me.

I glanced down at my watch, "Josh should be here any minute to pick me up for the dance, ok."

Jessica giggled, "I can't wait to finally meet the famous Josh!"

I shook my head but smiled, "I think this dance is going to be fun."

"Yeah, I wish our school did a Halloween dance," Sammy said dreamily.

I carefully sat down in my desk chair and leaned back. I was wearing my seriously epic Red Riding Hood costume and dark brown ankle boots. I had the hood up and my hair curled and down. I'd done my makeup not too over the top, a little bit of foundation, eyeliner, mascara and red lipstick. My mum had made a few alterations to my costume, but otherwise left it untouched. Although the cloak was almost floor length and I was afraid that someone would stand on it.

"And you don't know what he's wearing?" Jessica asked me.

I sighed in frustration, "NO, he absolutely refused to tell me. He said it was a surprise."

Sammy laughed at me, "He probably just didn't want his costume choice to influence yours."

I smiled widely, "Always the sound of reason, Sammy."

There was a light tap on my closed bedroom door. I jumped out of my seat and made for the door. At the last minute I raced back to the computer.

With wide eyes I asked, "Are sure I look ok?"

"YES!" they all said together.

"Jez?" Josh knocked again.

"Coming!" I called to him through the door.

I turned back to the computer and made an unsure face and then moved over to the door. I rested my hand on the door knob and twisted. But stopped half way.

"Close your eyes," I called out to Josh.

"What? Why?" he asked confused.

"Because you wouldn't tell me what you were wearing so it's going to be a surprise for you too," I explained.

"Ok fine, my eyes are closed," Josh complied.

I closed my eyes too and opened the door. I reopened my eyes slowly and took in what Josh was wearing. My face exploded in an enormous smile as I appreciatively eyed Josh up and down.

"Oh my GOD! You look like a younger and hotter version of Jack Sparrow!" I squealed once I was done taking in his full appearance.

His whole costume reminded me so much of Captain Jack Sparrow from the Pirates of the Caribbean. With the long brown tattered over coat, the pirate hat, the belt and red sash hanging loosely around his waist, he really did look like Johnny Depp's character. He wore brown slacks and a very pirate like cream shirt. He didn't have dread locks like Jack Sparrow however Josh did have a pretty darn cool sword and his boots were knee high and went with his costume perfectly.

I opened my mouth to comment again on how awesome his costume looked when I caught a look at his expression. My smile automatically fell off my face. I was too preoccupied with looking at his costume I didn't catch his reaction to my costume. His mouth made a small perfect circle and his face looked completely blown away.