Chapter 22

Chapter 22

The rest of the day I experimented with my magic and eventually it came easier to me. I could make things fly around the room and I even moved on to making people fly around the air. You think of it and I could do it. There was no end to my power, no limit. Since I'd been using magic so much Daniel realised whenever I used my power my eyes turned gold. That then explained why Kyle's witch's eyes turned black when he used magic.

By the end of the day I was exhausted but Josh told me I had to back an overnight bag because we were going on a little trip tomorrow. He said something about a nice small hike but it was a bit of a drive there and back so we were staying at a place along the way. Daniel and Chris apparently already knew we were going and were all ready to go. Josh knew I was tired so he helped me chuck a few things in a bag and then I went to bed.

As soon as Josh hopped in beside me and moved me closer to him I almost immediately fell asleep. His warmth and strength helped my tired mind be at rest. But it didn't last long enough.

It seemed only ten minutes had gone by but there was light filtering through the drawn curtains. There was an alarm going off somewhere and my whole body still felt tired. I felt Josh stir beside me but he didn't get up yet. The alarm just wouldn't stop so I rolled onto my stomach and pulled a pillow over my head and hoped I'd go back to sleep. I felt Josh move more this time and the alarm suddenly went quiet.

Josh moved back towards me and I could feel him trying to pull off the pillow I had over my head. I held on tight and didn't budge. He slid his hands under the pillow and tried to pry it out of my grasp that way. When that didn't work Josh decided to get mean. I don't know how he knew where my weak spot was because I didn't tell him. But he took one of my ankles in both hands and started to tickle my foot.

If you haven't guessed I'm insanely ticklish on my feet. A soon as he started I knew I wasn't going to be able to hold out. I attempted to throw the pillow at Josh but when you're facing the wrong direction and you're on your stomach it's a little difficult to aim. I was trying really hard to supress the laughter but I couldn't help it. I squirmed helplessly I his grip and I tried to wriggle out of his hold but he was a vampire and there was no hope for me.

The tickling stopped suddenly and then I felt him lay down next to me. I turned and stared at him just as he did to me.

Smiling Josh said in a persuasive voice, "Jezebel, can we pleeease get up because I want to go and wake up Chris and Daniel."

My face lit up already having heard enough, "That is a fantastic idea, but was the tickling really necessary?"

Josh smiled back sheepishly but we both got up. Quickly getting dressed and chucking our bags into the hallway ready to go as soon as the other two were up. Slowly we snuck up to the door to Chris and Daniel's room. Josh tried the door but it was locked. So I decided to try instead. Nothing a little bit of magic can't handle. It may have taken me two tries before I got the door open but I still got it open.

Josh gave me a devious smile and walked silently into the room. I poked my head around a corner and saw Chris sprawled out in his bed fast asleep and Daniel was snoring. I had to try really hard to supress my laughter but then Josh tapped my lightly on the back. He gestured me towards the bathroom so I followed him. He held out an empty water gun to me and started filling up his own. Now where on earth he managed to find water guns I have no idea but it was ingenious.

Once Josh was done filling up his I filled up mine and then we were set to go. Josh pointed at himself and then at the bed where Chris slept and then he pointed at me and then to Daniel's motionless body. I smirked as adrenaline coursed through my veins and I advanced upon my victim with my water gun. Just before I was about to open fire Josh held up his hand. I turned to him confused. He mouthed back "On three".