Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Kyle's POV

"Charlie!" I hissed out of the corner of my mouth, "What the fuck did you do?"

"I didn't do anything! I didn't even touch her!" He shot back defensively.

Nervously I glanced back at Jezebel and her glowing golden eyes which were kind of creeping me out.

I opened my mouth to respond but she beat me to it, "Help me!"

It wasn't a shout, it was barely above a whisper but he voice seemed to echo in my ears. I didn't know what to do. How was I supposed to know this could happen? This shouldn't even be possible. Nate heavily sedated her she shouldn't be awake! I glanced sideways but everyone either was looking at her or at me for instructions. Shit!

"J-Jez? What-what's wrong?" Josh just managed to get out.

She turned her gold eyes in Josh's direction, "I need..........your help."

Nate sidled up beside me and muttered quietly, "I say we jump her and knock her out."

"Shut up!" Josh shouted angrily and then calmly spoke to Jezebel, "Jez- Jez what do you need?"

All golden eyes replied was, "Paper, pen and map."

Josh's head swung around to face me, "Please tell me you have those three things here."

Jay cut in, "Don't tell me you're gonna help this freak show? Kyle they're playing you!"

I silenced him with a look and looked at Ryan, "Let him go."

Ryan let go and backed off. Josh stood up quickly and shook himself off. He ran a hand through his already messy hair and tentatively started towards Jezebel.

"Stop," I ordered him.

Confused Josh did stop and turned to me.

"Just because I told Ryan to let you go doesn't mean I trust what's going on here. Stay back and we won't have any problems," I warned him.

He nodded curtly, clearly more focused on Jezebel who was just standing there eyes glowing.

"We need to get her the stuff," Josh said not even looking at me.

I frowned thinking, "Charlie get her to sit down at the table while we get the stuff. Ok?"

Charlie made to move towards her but a meter from where she stood he stopped.

"The fuck...." He muttered under his breath. "I can't get any closer to her!"

He took a step back and then tried to walk forward but couldn't get past the same spot. Almost like there was an invisible barrier around her. Charlie moved to her other side and tried again but the same result. I walked forward and pushed him out of the way. I walked straight towards her but got stuck.

Without turning around I instructed, "Josh, you try. Do anything stupid though......."

I let the threat hang in the air as I watched my little brother walk very slowly towards Jezebel. He hesitated just behind where I had stopped and looked sideways uncertain. That was when I realised Josh really had no idea what was going on. He boldly stepped forward and easily passed the point where no one else seemed to be able to.

"Huh, would you look at that," I shook my head incredulously. "Get her to sit down at the table."

I watched intently as Josh carefully guided Jezebel to the table and got her to sit down.