Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Jezebel's POV

Before I really knew what I was doing I had unintentionally backed myself into a corner. I had nowhere to go, nowhere to run to. Stuck with the wall to my back and my desk to my right. There was one of me and there were five of them all of which looked a lot bigger and stronger than me. I could tell they were older and they were most definitely not human because there was no way that they could have gotten to my house that quickly.

The guy that was talking to me on the beach was obviously in charge, he just had that air about him. I couldn't tell whether he was a vampire, werewolf or witch but then again I didn't know how you were supposed to tell the difference. I lost myself in a distracted train of thought but snapped out of it the moment one of them started toward me. Jet black hair and ice blue eyes that were trained on my face slowly made his way towards me.

I went to take a step back but there was nowhere to go. My breathing increased and my hands started to shake. I didn't know why they were here but I sure wasn't going to put violence at a zero per cent chance. Just as he stood right in front of me, I clenched my fists on a sudden loose thought that I could take him. He smirked at the movement making me realise it was too late. Slowly he raised a hand and took hold of my chin.

I desperately tried to pull away scared of what he was going to try and do. He kept a firm grip and a very smug smile spread across his face. If I thought I was scared before it was nothing compared to what I felt now. Before I had time to even react I watched in horror as his eyes went from light blue to the darkest black imaginable.

I don't know what happened exactly one minute I was watching his irises turn black and the next I was in agony. White hot pain was shooting rapidly around my body with an intensity greater than any I have ever known. Blind with pain my legs gave out underneath me and I slid to the floor. I couldn't pin point the pain, it was just everywhere and I couldn't breathe due to the force of it. My eyes had gone all blurry and I could hear, in a far off sense, myself making a sort of choking noise.

I was seeing spots and my body was so tense from trying to block out the pain that I barely noticed someone else in the room move towards me. Out of nowhere the pain stopped and I sucked in a hungry gulp of air my body shaking from exhaustion. I was lying on my back breathing deeply with my eyes closed so I didn't notice as the beach guy kneelt down beside me. But I did feel when his cool hands touched my neck and moved my head to the side.

I jumped slightly and tried to get up and out of his range of harm. But I was so tired and weak all he had to do was push me back down by the shoulder to stop me from doing anything. I blearily took in the glint of metal from the needle he again took out from his pocket. The smallest spark of self-preservation flared inside me. With everything I had left I gripped that last feeling and fought back. As he lower the needle to my neck I caught his arm mid-air and pushed it away from me with every last ounce of energy, strength and will I had left.

When I moved against him surprise crossed his face and then a smirk replaced it soon after. I think he realised what I already knew. That this was an act of desperation and there was no way I was going to be able to keep it up. He was so strong it was insane. He was easily beating me but I was certainly holding my own. But he could just wait me out until I couldn't resist in the slightest. He was going to push me to my last reserves of strength.

Just as my arms gave out and the last thought that went through my mind was of Josh. A single tear ran down my cheek as my arms dropped down to my sides shaking severely. I literally couldn't move and I felt so powerless.

Out of nowhere a commotion started at the door to my room and blows started to be exchanged. Yells and orders were bouncing off walls and the needle disappeared once again. Instead I felt myself being dragged up right. Beach guy was cursing as he held me against him so I was standing with his support. One arm was wrapped around my chest pinning my arms to my side and his other was free.