Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Miss Harlow's (the Principal) POV

"Sit back down Mr Hutchinson," I ordered.

He obliged, but I could tell it was against every fiber of his being.

"You know what must be done, make it happen," I told him what he must already know.

"I don't want to force her to do something she's not ready for," he relied barely holding back his anger.

"Convince her, you're not going to have time to let her wait. Halloween's coming fast and her time is running out. You know what will happen by midnight Halloween, so if you want her to live past then change her mind," I retorted sternly.

Josh opened his mouth to reply but I cut him off, "You may go back to class now. That will be all for now. Don't fail me Mr Hutchinson.

I reconsidered my previous remark, "Or maybe I should say, don't fail her."

He stood up abruptly biting his tongue and angrily went through the door. I sighed in frustration and leaned back in my chair hoping for a moment to recollect my thoughts before I saw anyone else. Unfortunately, as soon as I thought I had that moment Carter McCall waltzed in through my open office door.

"Aahh, Mr McCall. I see you are extremely punctual," I pointed out in a slightly annoyed tone.

He sat himself down without invitation and responded arrogantly, "Always."

"Well I assume you know why you are here. We've had this conversation already, so you know what I want," I assumed.

"Yep, if Josh doesn't man up you want me to do the job. Easy, anything else," he asked smugly.

"Don't fail me Carter," I demand seriously, "We can't afford to lose her."

He got up and walked slowly to the door, "I'm not soft like Josh. I'll get it done."

He smiled wickedly and sauntered out the door. I closed my eyes and leaned back again. A small resolute smile crept across my face. I could rest now knowing that either way Jezebel Spencer was going to be awakened by midnight Halloween whether it by choice or otherwise.

Jezebel's POV

I had no idea where I was going, but I just needed to get out. I blindly ran up stairs and turned corners. Tears were running down my cheeks and my mind was muddled and confused to say the least. I burst through a door that lead onto the roof of one of the school buildings. On the flat roof of the building there was a small garden set up for Biology students to use. Without fully realising it I found myself huddled up into a corner of the roof. My eyes stared unseeingly off into the distance while tears continued to fall. Haw had my life become so complicated?

The more I thought about everything I'd just been told, the more used I felt. My parents had kept me in the dark for 15 years and had basically moved us to America so I could screw some vampire or werewolf so I could become a witch. Just thinking about it sounded ridiculous. I wiped my cheeks with the back of my hand. No matter how hard I tried I kept coming back to Josh. Did he know I was a witch when we met? Why didn't he tell me himself?

The more I sat there the more miserable I became. I took a deep breath in an attempt to calm myself down although I had no intention of leaving my hidey hole. That was until I heard the door to the roof open. My head snapped around and I hastily got to my feet. Slowly I peered around the corner and saw Carter closing the door. I ducked back into my hidden corner and furiously tried to make myself look less tragic. I wasn't going to let Carter see me in my most vulnerable moment looking like someone had died.