Chapter 26

Heyyyy guysssss

So, before this chapter, I had my story all set up and whatever, but today I made a decision (which you will find out in this chapter) so, hopefully it'll work out!!!

WARNING:

BE PREPARED

YOU HAVE BEEEN WARNED

*Serena’s POV*

Five of my uncles followers or whatever they were, charges at me, with their arms out stretched. I quickly analyzed their possible weaknesses. “Beardy” is big and strong, but not very fast. “Ginger” was very skinny and would fall immediately if hit him in the gut or face. “Shorty” was probably fast, but not as strong as me. “Mama Bear” probably wasn't very strong, and very scared to approach, one of the last coming at me. “Glasses” was smart enough to anticipate my moves, but wasn't fast enough to stop them.

I go for Ginger first, ducking under his arms and slamming my fist into his stomach. He falls immediately, clutching it for dear life. Next I take a swing at “Shorty and with the dispositional positions, I clash my fist into his face. He stumbles back, bringing his hand onto his nose. I want to finish him, but Glasses and Mama Bear grab both my arms and Beardy brings his fists back and punches me in my face. Blood spurts out my nose and pain ricochets across my face. I quickly set my hands to flames.

Glasses and Mama Bear let go of me, yelping and cradling their burnt hands. Beardy tries to get another punch in, but I dodge him. Standing quick on the balls of my feet, I jump up and grab him by the shoulders. As he grabs for me from behind, I grab his arms and rip them behind his back, making him fall to the ground while I jump off onto the ground. His head slams into the ground, giving out a smack. He growls and gets up, as if there wasn't blood pouring out of his head. He reaches for my shoulders, but I quickly form and throw ice shards at him, hitting him in the right arm and leg.

He falls, clutching his leg as I turn to Mama Bear and Glasses.  Mama Bear quivers in fear as I stalk toward her, reaching out and simply pushing her out of my way. She whimpers, before I give her a vicious glare and she falls silent.

Ok, so maybe I shouldn't be so barbarous, but I am ready to just be done with this shit and go home, with my father. I wanted to just get this over with so I could go and maybe read a book or practise some elements. I guess I could go now, forget about everything. But hell, I'm notleaving without my dad.

Glasses tries to stare straight at me with his back straight. I almost laugh, but instead I just keep walking.

“Move.” I spit. I didn't want to hurt this kid, but I swear I would if he got in the way of my target, who was right behind him. He doesn't move, but shifts his eyes behind me for a millisecond.

Then, someone grabs my makeshift ponytail and pulls me back. I scream, the surprise hitting me like cold. I'm yanked to the ground and my head almost reached the ground before it's whipped back up. I scream again, trying to get his hold off of my hair. I squeeze, pull, yank, push and even twisting. But he keeps a good hold on my hair, pulling me up and down, ripping out my hair. Again, he pulls me down, but this time he lets go, and I slam into the ground.

I cry out as pain overflow my senses. My vision is blurred and black spots appear. I curse and try to sit up to finish this douche, but my head feels like lead and I feel like I'm going to upchuck.

“Damn,” Someone says, their voice muffled and confusing, “She didn't pass out.” I hear shuffling before I can feel someone over me. “Goodnight, princess.” Promptly after, my world goes black.

-_-_-_-_-

Am I seriously unconscious again?I thought. I was in that void emptiness again. Life seemed to be repeating itself again hasn't it?

Although this time, I remember everything. The fighting, the beating, the hair-pulling, the blood, the pain. It was all still here, and for some reason it wouldn't, couldn't get out.  

“Serena.” Someone whispers, their voice a little above silent. “Serena. Serena!” It's gets frantic, but I can't tell who it is just yet. Cory? Or maybe my uncle?

“Serena Mai Hope! Wake up! They’ll be here to take your powers and kill you soon if you don't wake up!” That jolts me. I stare up, or wherever I think up is. Who was this? How did they know?

“Dammit!” The person shouted. Then, a clashing noise, which sounded like it was right next me. From what I know about this place, I shouldn't hear anything.

Suddenly, the hook implants itself in my stomach again, and I'm pull what I expect is up. This time, there is nothing soft underneath my head and I feel immense pain right away. I groan but realize that my moan was barely a whisper. Someone whips their head around and I stare, gaping. What the hell was hedoing here? I quickly sit up and stare at him menacingly.

I speak my thoughts, possibly using more... colorful words. Eyebrows furrowing, he gets closer to me carefully. “Don't go near me.” I spit, fire most likely flickering in my eyes. His eyes go wide, stopping before my bed. He looks perfectly fine, except for a slight limp and the worry, and a dash of relief, in his eyes.

“Serena, I-”

I stand up, my fist clenching. “Shut it. You're a traitor and you betrayed me. I thought you were my friend, best friend at that. I trusted you and you shoved me into a wall, threatened me, and tried to beat me, for your damn leader!” I swear, his eyes tear up and I almost stopped, but the anger fueled my lips. “You are the worst human being on the planet. You-” I'm quickly cut off... by his lips on mine.

I freeze, my body going stiff. His lips move on mine as he puts his hands on my waist. I stand there, completely frozen, yet I don't push away. It somehow feels right. Then, he decides to let me go. Hes breathing heavily staring at me with his flashing gray eyes. I stare up too, feeling so vulnerable and innocent and rightin his arms and it felt good. Mixed feelings swirled inside me and I felt uneasy.

“S-Serena I can explain-” As if it was by some instinct, I begin pulling him towards me by his ruffled shirt and clashing my lips to his. We move in sync, my arms around his shoulders, his around my waist. It wasn't like anything I have experienced before. It was thrilling and electrifying. It was better than the exhilaration of fighting or of using my powers. It was sensational.

Then, it comes crashing back to me. He betrayed me, he left me there, he tried to fight me. This - whatever it is - could not happen. Was it even real? Was Cory just playing with me? At that thought, I push him away, ignoring the coldness that swept over me as I let him go.

“Cory, please never do that again.” I choked out. I sit down to the bed slowly. “I need to hate you remember?”

“But Serena I-”

“Whatever you are trying to do to me, it worked. Now leave.” My voice is empty of emotion, but I know very well that I was going to break down any time now. I make sure to look at the ground, knowing that if I looked at him I would.