Chapter 18

So this chappie is a little short, but you guys wanted an update so here it is!!!! 

YAY

WHOOO HOOOO

WHOOP WHOOP

OK 

I'LL STOP NOW

OK

*Serena’s POV*

“So how did it go yesterday?” Robin asks as we place our trays onto the table and sit down. It was my second day here and already it was lunch time. Personally the day went by too fast for me, seeing as I was always lost in my thoughts.

“Um.” I stutter,taking a giving a quick look over to Gryphon, “It was ok. I didn't really do much.” I laugh, but it sounded forced.

“So,” Gryphon says, changing the subject, “Serena, when do you have your next free period?”

I turn to my backpack awkwardly, hiding my face with my hair. Ripping out my schedule I got yesterday, I examine it. “Period 3, tomorrow.” I say quickly before shoving back into my bag.

“Cool.” He replies, looking at his pizza on his tray. “I’ll see if I can skip History of Elements.”

I nod, returning to my pasta.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Questions whizzed through my head as I walked down the halls, clutching my books. I had just finished Element training, which was very boring. When I first went to it yesterday, it was fun and excited. I had, in front of the whole class, formed a water bubble on my bare palm, which I have been practising. Luckily it wasn't a burning flame, but it was still impressive. But today we had one of those classes where the professor drones on and you just sit there, not even taking notes. I was tired, to say the least, and I just wanted to go to my dorm and nap. Yet, I knew that wasn't going to happen, because of the constant subject of Gryphon.

Replaying the scene yesterday, I was bewildered. In the weeks that I have known him, he never showed anything like that at all. Was he one of those guys who are very nice and caring on the outside but are really planning the deaths of people around him?

No, thats stupid.

But even so, this was not like him. And today, he tried to act as if nothing happened. Whenever he saw me in the halls, he would wave a small hello, or at least acknowledge me nicely. But today, he avoided my eyes and kept walking. Something here wasn't right, and this feeling inside me was repeating my thoughts.

Serena, I thought, shaking my head, get these thoughts out of your head. Focus on something good, do something to keep these thoughts from your head. I almost laugh at my stupid thoughts, but decide that my head was right, nonetheless.

“Hey, Serena, I gotta go, see you later?” Robin says, breaking my train of thought. I simply nod in response. She quickly jogs off, but not before looking over her shoulder and saying  “Alright! See you tonight!”

Looking around the hallway, I find that it was empty. I smile devilishly. Gryphon said that I couldn't tell anyone about my multiple powers, but he never said I couldn't practise them. Putting my palm up, I have my hand ignite. I was doing this last night, while Ella and Robin were asleep, just staring at my hand as I made a flame appear.

“Shit!” I whisper, noticing that I had set the corner of my History of Elements textbook. Before it was able to spread and burn my whole book, however much I wanted that to happen, I quickly put my hand over it, smothering the orange flames. Glancing around to make sure no one had caught me, I continue walking.

As I was turning the corner, I caught sight of a plaid button up before crashing into it. I'm thrown backward, my books flying. Landing on my butt, I moan loudly.

“Ow.” I complain. “Jeez.” I go to pick up my books but a hand stops me.

“Oh god, Serena are you ok?” I look up from my place on the ground to see that it was Cory who had knocked me down, and who was now picking my books.

“It's alright,” I reassure him, getting off the floor, “it's fine really. I wasn't looking at where I was going.” I dust off my pants and bend over again to help him pick up my books.

He just chuckles, taking a quick glimpse at me before picking up my History book. He studies it closely, then gives it to me, placing it on the stacks of books in my arms.

“Do I even want to know why?” He says, pointing to the burnt mark in the corner. I curse in my head before giving him a weak smile.

“That was... uh Gryphon. He is a Fire ya know.” I chuckle and he does too, although I'm pretty sure I saw a look of doubt cross his face.

“Well, I’ll see ya around.” I whisper, avoiding his eyes. I could tell, as he scrunched his eyebrows together that he wanted to know more, and I really didn't want to give lies right now.

“Um, bye.” He says, staring at me as I walked down the hallway. His eyes bare into my back as I continue on.