Chapter 12

Well I  never said when I would post on friday... so here I am, at 11:45 pm writing for you guys. But I really wanted to post today so... yeah, here is oyur update!!

Love you all!

BE PREPARED FOR...

CHAPTER 12

:*~AJ

*Serena’s POV*

I stare into his eyes, waiting for his reaction of my eyes. My purple eyes. When I was younger, I was always proud of my eyes, seeing as they were like my fathers. In fact, I look nothing like my mother, not even the smallest of things, like her pointed nose, or small feet. Nothing, everything was my fathers. That was one of the reasons why my hair, which reached below my waist, was rarely ever cut, because to me, I was cutting off a part of my dad. It's stupid I know but it was just one of those things that I can't help but doing.

Gryphon’s expression was difficult to read, a mix of confusion, gladness and understanding. What did that mean?

“Serena... Just... Wow. Go figure, you are the heir.” Heir? Heir? What is he talking about? An heir to what?

“What?” I question him, but he just stares at me, mostly my eyes,  muttering to himself.

“She’s the heir. No wonder her mom thought... But this is awesome! I wonder what she is... Wasn't her dad a Water? Imagine what-”

Getting frustrated, I shout out his name, causing the whole store to turn to look. “Gryphon!” I yell again, when he still hadn't listened. His eyes unfocus, blinking rapidly. Without another word, I grab him and yank him to the car, while the customers continue to stare.

Climbing into the passengers side, I quickly buckle up and glare at him. Once he’s in, he turns to stare at me. No, my eyes.

“Would you stop staring at me like I'm a freak of nature?” I snap. “I don't need someone else judging me on something I cannot help dammit! Why does everyone do this!” My snappy tone turns into a cry as I try to hold back the tears. I need to get it together.

“No, no, no Serena it's not that I think you're a freak, it's that your eyes are awesome! Do you know what those eyes mean?” He exclaimed.

“What do you mean?” I ask, wiping away the unshed tears.

“Well basically, your purple eyes mean that you are the heir, persay, of the Hope family. You will have incredible powers and are most likely a main Elemental. Thats amazing! The Hope family line is one of the most powerful family line out there, and you're the only one left.”

My eyes widen as realization set in. I am powerful. Never before in my life have I, Serena Hope, been powerful. I have always been walked over and pushed out of the way. But now, I'm powerful. I can finally stand up for myself, and actually be happy.

Suddenly, I'm more excited to go to Salem than ever, wanting to take hold of my powers. My powers. Will that ever get old?

The corners of my lips list as I beam. I let my tense back relax and feel my smile stretch even more.

Upon seeing my happy expression, Gryphon decides that it is a good time as any to drive to LWWA

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

We drive up a cobblestone driveway, each second that passes I feel my happy feelings deteriorate as my queasy nervousness takes over. Butterflies prowl in my unturned stomach.As we continue up the pathway I notice that there was a large courtyard full of mingling students, staring curiously at Gryphons car and trying to see who was traveling with him. Feeling uncomfortable with the sudden attention. Instead of focusing on the stares, I take in the school - no mansion - before me. It was like a typical 1920s mansion. Two story red brick on the outside and tall windows that shined in the sunlight There was one section, one with grand double doors with intricate designs welded into it, that was like a castle. All gray stone and tall pillars. I smiled at the sight. It was like the houses in the stories I read.

We parked in the parking lot, next to two random cars, both look rich and fancy. Then again, everything here looked rich and fancy. Do I really belong here?

“Hey, is there a library here?” I ask.

He nods absentmindedly, staring outside the window, looking at all the people. Or maybe, one person. I look closely and see that it is a redhead who is smiling like a Cheshire cat at Gryphon. She had a teardrop shaped face, lined with freckles that matched her hair color. She had a curvy figure and all in all, was beautiful.

“Who’s that?” I whisper in his ear.

Surprised, his head whips around to face me, his face going red. I giggle at his embarrassment. “Seriously.”

“Shes my girlfriend, Robin.” He says sheepishly.

“Daaang boy.” I say playfully, nudging his shoulder.

He laughs at my silliness. “We’ve been dating for two and a half years.”

“Aww.” I coo. “Will I be able to meet her!” I exclaim excitedly.

“Yeah.”

Settling into a comfortable silence, I look at all the students. They look like they were from all over America. They were wear navy blazers over their normal clothes that had two insignias on them, one the insignias was the schools, the other was different. It was different for everybody, either light blue, dark grey, white, rusty red, aqua blue, gold, green and yellow. Odd colors, yet I guessed what they were for. Light blue was for lightening, dark grey for weather, white for ice, the red for metal. Then there was the aqua blue for water, gold for air, green for earth and yellow for fire. I asked Gryphon about this which he said yes and I proudly grinned.

“Well,I think the whole point pf parking a car is getting out you know.” Gryphon day sarcastically, but I ignore his tone.

Taking a deep breath, I unbuckled, and yanked open the door.