Chapter 25

So how are you guys doing? I still have a bunch of words to write to finish my goal yay! (not)

I LOVE YOU ALL THO

YAY

*Serena’s POV*

Really? Thisis where my dad is being held? How more conspicuous can you get? Why would Cory, or whoever he’s working for, kidnap someone at a bright red castle thats in the middle of no where? It wasn't even a clean or beautiful castle. Some of the windows were broken and the walls were molding and crumbling. I could see the thing from a mile away, with the bright blood red painting, it was ridiculous. He, maybe she who knows, had no neighbors for miles and, as far as I could tell, this castle was just cheap land.

I sighed anyway, slamming the door harshly and walking up the cobblestone driveway confidently. I may have looked confident, but my insides were dying. I was about to go face the people who took my dad, alone at that. Who knew how many people were in there and I didn't know if I was able to stand tall.

Suddenly, a door bursts open, making me and my terrible thoughts flinch. I quickly look up to see a man with curly black hair stumble out, tripping over his feet. He was wearing a shirt that was ripped all over his front, showing deep scars that made me gasp. His pants were hanging low and in need of a belt, also ripped. His hair was mangled and he had a growing beard. His purple eyes were lifeless.

“Dad?” I croak, the tears making my eyesight blurry. His head whips up to look my in the eyes and a small smile slips through on his face, before he takes a worried look behind him. I quickly run up to his wobbling figure and wrap an arm around his thin waist. The tears are coming full force as I bring my arms around and squeeze lightly.

“Serena. Serena, Serena, Serena.” He whispers, his voice hoarse as he too, puts his arms around me.

“Dammit, he got away!” Someone bellowed from inside, making my dad and I look up. “He’s not going to be far, go you idiotic f-”

“Serena,” My dad says, bringing my attention to him, “you need to go. You need to get into that car and go away, far away.” I stare at him incredulously, waiting for him to begin laughing, telling me it's a joke. Yet, his face stays the same.

I raise an eyebrow. “Do you really think I'm gonna leave you like this?” I almost chuckle, but it never leaves my lips.

He shakes his head, his long hair hitting me in the face. “Serena I'm not debating thi-”

My dad is suddenly ripped from me by the collar, making me stand immediately. There, is a man similar to my dad, with the same black hair, but he has dark brown, almost black eyes. He was taller than my dad and was literally hanging him by his collar. My dad struggles, but he soon realizes that he isn't strong enough and goes limp.

“Let go of him.” I snarl. The man turns, fixing his eyes on me before smirking at me with delight.

“Why hello Serena. You're much prettier in person.” I almost gag, and I swear I would, if I wasn't throwing glares his way. He drops my dad in a heap on the ground, before walking closer to me. Despite the bile in my throat and the urge to backup, I straighten my back and look him square in the eye.

“I'm not scared of you, you know.” I say, trying not to have my voice waver. My hand itches to reach for my gun, but I resist, knowing that as soon as he saw me reach for it, I would attacked by him.

He smiles evilly, chilling my bones. “But why would I hurt my niece?”

I want to say I laughed at him and cliche-idly denied and he went one a dramatic story blah, blah, blah. Instead I stood there, gaping at with the utmost horror. it was one thing to even kidnapsomeone, but your brother? Now thats just crazy. I must have shown my thoughts on my face, because his face immediately fell into a frown.

“I am not crazy, if thats what you're thinking.” He snarls. My face breaks into a grin. Finally something to annoy him with.

“But, of course you are!” I exclaim in an overly cheery voice, throwing my hands in the air. “Why else would you kidnap innocent people?”

“Your father isn't innocent!” He barks, his eyes blazing like a fire.

“Unlike your vir-”

Smack.My head whips to side with the force of the blow.

“Shit.” I whisper, bringing my hand up to my mouth to wipe off my lips. Taking my hand away, I see a faint drop of blood on my thumb.

“Don't you dare touch her Harry, you bastard!” My dad spits from the ground. He tries to get up, wobbling on his unsteady feet, but falls onto the ground. His shoulders slump in weakness and defeat.

“Dad,” I say, my voice warning, “I can take care of myself.”

At this my uncle, who I still didn't know the name of, laughed. His laugh was menacing almost made me shrink back. “Really? You think you can really handle yourself? Where was that when you were bullied, or your stepdad hurt you?” My head lowers. He was watching me this entire time? I suddenly felt exposed and open, like a book. Had he seen me showering or getting dressed? As iceness climbed up my spine, I shifted around uncomfortably.

“You are weak and stupid, just a little girl. You think coming here is going to help you and your daddy? News flash, this isn't a movie sweetheart, it's real life. Theres death, pain and sadness. Three of which, are in your future.” He doesn't smirk this time, keeping his face impassive, which scared me the most.

“Cory!” My uncle shouts. Out comes the traitor, dressed in red, like my uncles robes. Upon seeing him, my blood started boiling to the fact that he thought he could just show up and take me away. Ha, hell no. Trying to grab his eye contact, he chooses to stay faced to the ground, which angers me more.

“Aww,” I sneer, “is someone being loyal to their master? What, are you a slave or something?”

His head whisks up, catching my snicker. “I-I am not a servant!”

“Really? Sure doesn't look like it.” I jest.

Suddenly, he jumps, trying to get me off guard, but I easily anticipated it. I slide to the left, and swing my hand into his gut, knocking the wind out of him. He plunges to the ground, his body curled up and chest rapidly falling up and down. I bring my foot back a slam it into his stomach.

Glancing up, I see the astonished faces of everybody who surrounded us, including my fathers, and my uncles enraged expression.

“How dare you!” He hissed, his face becoming a scowl.

“I told you, I can handle myself.” I shrug, desperately trying to hide my accomplished smile.

“But how? You have only been at the academy for a month!”

“I learn fast.” I say nonchalantly. I bring my hand up, bringing on a bright flame, flickering across all of his little followers faces. “Very fast. Of course, I guess that's expected when I am a Forth Potentum.” His throat makes the oddest of noises, probably in between a growl and choking. His face face was red, like a tomatos and his hands were wrapping continuously around his robe, like a child who was guilty for stealing a cookie.

“You aren't supposed to know!” He says, his voice barely a whisper.

“So what?” I roared, “So I couldn't take you on, so I can be controlled? So you could be the stronger one and watch me fall to your knees? I came here for one reason and that is to take back my father, who you took you bastard! So don't think you're superior! I am because, you're weak, you're an idiot and you can't do anything right!”

He pauses, the hesitation clear in his eyes. Taking a deep solemn looking sigh he screams out “ Get her!”

Thats where the chaos began.