Chapter 27

So, I know you guys are hoping for an update and hopefully today I will update more. 

Anyway, you might want to go back to Chapter 19 because I added a chappie there, so thats why you are getting stuff you may have already read. 

I HOPE YOUR NOT CONFUSED

WHOOPSIES

*SHEEPISH GRIN*

LETS GOOOOOOooooooooo.............

*Serena's POV*

“Serena, I am just going to ignore what just happened, even that is close to possible for me, and tell you the real reason I am here.” Cory, totally overlooking my request, starts pacing, his hands wringing though his hair. “Serena, they are going to come in here, take your powers and kill you.”

I laugh coldly at his absurd idea. “How can you take peoples power? Don't try to fool me, traitor.” I spit.

He stops his pacing and frantically turns to me. “Serena, I don't know what I have done to get your distrust but-”

“Don't give me that bull! You know very well what you did!” I shout. Again I stand, my feet wobbly and uneasy.

He puts his hands out. “Ok, I promise I will fix it later, really, but I needyou to listen to me! They have this necklace, however it works, that takes your powers away and leaves you practically dead! They already did it to your dad and he has barely survived! You must leave.”

“No!” I interjected. “I am not leaving in my dad!”

“I am not asking you Serena! You need to leave!”

“Ugh!” I cry, collapsing back onto the bed. Crossing my arms, I look around the chamber we are in. It was very dark and ominous, as if he was trying to make it seem like my supposed nightmare. I study it even more, finding the weak spots. The door made of wood, the water in the corners. Now that I didn't have my clarity gloves, which they must taken, I could add to my power of conjuring up elements.

“Move.” I demand, standing back up. My vision is blurry but I pay no mind, bringing my hand over to the puddle in the corner. I lift it, taking all that I can with me and creating more in my hand. It was a large enough bubble above me.

But, standing there, is Cory, standing frozen. “Woah.” He whispers, his face trying and failing to mask his wonder.

“What?” I barked. Maybe I was being a bit drastic. “Haven't seen anyone use elements before?”

“Not like you do it.” He murmurs, staring at me with astonishment. I roll my eyes at his response, and continued to wave my hands in the air. I continue on, ignoring his wonder, and begin to freeze the water into shards of ice.

After a few minutes of me creating the shards, the worry of my uncle bursting growing and Cory just standing there, watching carefully, I get frustrated and agitated. He came here to warn me, why isn't he doing anything to help me out? He needs to work on his saving skills. “Well?” I snap, “Are you going to help me or not?” His head spins to mine before stuttering out a few words.

“Well... I uh...”

I sigh immensely. “Stop thinking about that kiss and help me. You can create storms correct?” He nods wearily and I continue, “Well could you maybe, get some rain in here? Or better yet, have a whole tornado wipe the whole building.” I smile faintly, trying to lighten the mood, though the tension was going to constantly stay, I knew, no matter how hard I tried.

He smiles back, probably more guarded, but stands up confidently nonetheless. “Well, I don't know about the tornado, but I can make some rain in here.” I giggle as he begins to wave his hands around, looking rather silly.

“What?” He asks, his own smile on his lips.

“You look very odd, waving your hands around like that.” I giggle again as he shakes his head.

“You looked the same, and I didn't say anything!”

“Nuh-uh.” I crossed my arms playfully, earning a glare and a small smile in response.

“Yea-huh.” Suddenly it felt as if I was here with Cory, my best friends who helped me in any time of need, not the traitor Cory, or the kissing Cory. It was just Cory, who helped me through one of my toughest months. It seemed like we were back at the library, laughing at all the stupid potions that we could find and other random stuff.

Then, it begins to rain, making the lightness on my chest get weightless. I shriek at the refreshing coldness, chuckling while putting my hands out and playing with the constant flow. My hair straightens from it's curls, tumbling down my back. My hands are cold, but thanks to my suit, the rest of my body was warm and dry. Cory wasn't very lucky, his jeans were sticking to his legs and his hair constantly dripped on his soaked shirt.

“Alright, alright,” I snicker as the water starts to reach my ankles, “I think thats enough.” The rain stops, to my disappointment, and the water sloshed against my boots. I begin to bend it, making them into even more ice shards than the ones on the bed.

I look up at Cory, noticing him still messing around with his soggy clothes. I restrain from giggling and go stand next to him. “Want help?” Huffing, he crosses his arms but nods nonetheless. “Here.” I push my palm next to him, and rekindle a flame in it. I make burn bright and hot, hoping to warm him. He closes his eyes, a small smile formed on his lips.

It soon fades though and I look at him confused. His eyes open, becoming a gray piercing bearing into mine. “Serena,” He whispers, leaning closer. I wanted to move away, but my body wouldn't let me, “you need to know that I really care for you and I never wanted this to happen. I didn't know that the girl I need to t-take was going to be this beautiful, this amazing. I didn't know that I would care for you. When I realized that I was feeling like this, it was too late. I tried to back out, I really did but he threatened t-to take away his deal and-”

“So I'm not worth a ‘deal’” I whisper, my chest tightening. I look down, avoiding the tears that trailed down his cheeks as my flames die.

“No, Serena h-he, your uncle, has my mother. He has her and I had to choose between someone I care for deeply, or my mom. My dad, like the power-needing ass he was, joined up with Harry, who promised him powers and riches b kill someone, for money and power. He was beyond imagination. But about two years ago, while having us stay in this place, went and got himself arrested, leaving my mother and I in the hands of Harry. He tried to make me do his dirty work, but I refused. That was, until he took my mom at night and threatened to kill her if I didn’t listen.”

He has his mother? What kind of crazy to you have to be to threaten and kidnap someones mother just to get her son to work with him? I am going to kill him dammit. I will kill him as soon as he steps into this door, I will slice his throat and-

My thoughts are cut off my a pair of lips, soft against mine. This time, I don't hesitate to kiss back, wrapping my hands around his neck as pulling him in closer. I could feel the hot tears on his cheeks, getting mine wet. He smiles into the kiss and I do to, enjoying the feeling of him, his hands on my hips, his mouth. I  no longer have the urge to pull away, instead to get closer. I pay no mind to the outside world, forgetting everything. My mind is wiped and I could feel nothing but Cory.

“Eh-hem.” Someone coughs behind me. I quickly tear myself from him, ripping my arms off. There is the bastard himself.

“You.” I snarl, “You are a bastard with no heart! You have kidnapped how many people? You plan to kill me, your own kin! I should - no I will do humanity a favor and kill you!!”

But, despite me using my most venomous voice, he just laughs. “Do you really think you can kill me?”

“Yes I do.”

“But how? You have no way of using your powers, not without your clarity gloves.”

This time it's I who laughs. “You really are a dumbass aren't you? I don't need the clarity gloves. I'm not a Year 1, I am a Fourth Potentem. I am powerful and you can't do anything about it.”