Chapter 22

I think I am confusing myself ugh plz help me.

*Serena’s POV*

“Hey.”

“Um, hi.” I say, raising my eyebrow at Cory, who was leaning on my locker, “What’cha doing on my locker?”

He laughs, a little too much, before stopping abruptly and answering me. “I wanted to talk to you.” He says, crossing his arms in a casual manner. It has been a week since the incedent with Robin, and she was not talking to me and Cory was really the only one who would talk to me. Everyone eventually gave up on me.

“About what?” I question, tightening my books on my chest.

“Nothing in particular.” He answers briefly, glancing around the hall. He turns back to me, looking right into my eyes, as if trying to find something.

“Well,” I say, “I kinda have to get inside my locker so...”

“Oh, um,” He quickly moves out of the way, shifting into the middle of the hallway, “here.”

“Thanks.” I whisper, before placing my books in my locker. Man, this is awkward.

He again opens his mouth to speak again, but instead, someone else does. “Lennial.” It was Gryphon, standing there with his fist clenched. I stare up at him with shock, what is he doing? His behaviour is too strange lately and it is really befuddling me. Whenever he is next to me he is more aggressive and angry.

“Luca.” Cory snarls back, his lip curling angrily.

“What are you doing here?” He growls back.

“Talking to my friend Serena. What are you doing?” He replies, crossing his arms across his chest.

“Not much. How’s your dad?” Gryphon asks, a smirk forming on his face. Cory goes bright red and his eyes narrow dangerously.

“You know what-”

“Hey!” I shout putting a hand on their shoulders, willing them to relax. Cory immediately stops, his form relaxing, but Gryphon only tenses more. Making a quick decision, I violently pull Gryphon into an empty classroom down the hall.

“What?” He hissed, glaring down at me.

Instead of answering, I place my hands on his shoulders and push hard. He stumbles a bit, before straightening up and crossing his arms.

What the hell was that?”I growl, a scowl forming on my face. “You have no right to do that, he was only talking to me!”

His menacing gaze falters a bit at my harsh reaction, but he quickly covers it up. “He is not the best to be talking to.” He says simply.

“What are you talking about? He seems perfectly fine to me. What is he, a villain?” I laugh bitterly. “You're just crazy!”

“What if you told him you're secret?” He snarls, his eyes flashing dangerously.

“I don't even understand whyit's a secret dammit! And do you really think I will walk up to someone I just met and be like ‘hey I can use every single element, go tell everybody!’ No I'm not so get your head out of your ass!”

“Shut it! Someone could hear!”

“So what?” I scream, staring at him icily, “So what if I tell anyone? You know what, no, I don't care. Just leave me alone!” I whip around and walk to the door, steaming. How darehe tell me what to do! I rip open the door and slam it behind me.

Heatedly, I storm down the hall, to the direction of the library. Already, I had memorized the school map, knowing where every class was and in what section. But then again, I had to go with Ella and Robin, who have a way to get things into your head and make them stay. I sighed then, annoyed with all the information they were trying to cram into my head, but now I was grateful.

My angry footsteps were loud and echoing through the empty hallway, clacking every time my converse hit the tiled floor. I was seething, what gave him the authority to tell me who and who not to hang out with. He wasn't my dad.

If Gryphon couldn't tell me his secret, then why should I keep it? It was, supposedly, my secret right? I was the one who could control all elements, not him! I was the one who actually showed him, no one else.

My chest was congesting and my breathing went rapid, before I realized that I was actually crying about this. The tears were flowing down my cheeks, and I tried to wipe them away, but more came out. Rushing down the hall, I turn into the girls bathroom.

I step into a stall, ignoring the stale Febreze that traveled up my nose, and quickly lock it.  I was sniffling as I sat down on the lid of the toilet and put my head into my hands. I try not to make too much noise as I sob, in case someone could hear me.

Why are you even crying?I ask myself. Really? I don't know. Maybe it was this sudden fight with Gryphon, or maybe it was the stress of keeping a secret. Maybe I wasn't ready for the witch world, maybe I couldn't handle this, maybe I was never supposed to be here. My mind wizzed with doubt. What if I wasn't ready? What if I-

Abruptly, there as a knock on my stall door and I jumped. I stayed silent though, hoping that maybe the person would go away.

They didn't though. Instead they pounded harder. “Hello?” A tired gruff voice said, definitively male. I quickly wipe my eyes again, hoping the eyeliner Robin and Ella forced me to wear hadn't smudged that much, before timidly opening the door and slipping out before the man, most likely a janitor, could see my tear stained face. I pushed open the door quickly, before stepping out into the hallway.

Then, something flashed before my eyes before I was slammed into the wall. A shooting pain spikes in my head as my head slams into the wall. I scream out, but my mouth was quickly covered by a glove. I glance down nervously to see that it was a clarity glove, and if this person was dangerous enough, they could blast my brains out.

“Look, Serena,” The person say, making me look up. My eyes narrow into a deadly glare at who it was, making him flinch. That lying bastard! “I don't want to hurt you ok? I will take my hand away, if you promise to keep your mouth shut.” I glower at him and his deceiving ass, but nod anyway.

Slowly, he takes his hand away and I stay there, pressed against the wall, with an unemotional façade. But as soon as his hand is at his side, I spit in his face. “How dareyou!” I hiss. “I actually thought that maybe I had another friend here but no-”

As quickly as if left, his hand was back again. “I said shut it!” He spits out. “I didn't want to do this-”

“Oh really?” I question venomously, raising an eyebrow. “Really Cory?”