Chapter 28

Dude

Dudets

I am so late omfg.

But on the bright side I finished my word goal!!! :DDDDD

I kinda wanna give you some crappy exuse of why I am so late like "I have been super busy" or whatever, but lol, screw that. Lets just say I have a demon inside me, pestering and using every method it can to keep me from doing my work. Well damn you demon!!

Ugh, fine, I do not actually have a demon living in my soul, I am just not very good on the whole "Dont Procrastinate" thingy or the "Focus" whatevers. But anyway, instead of doing my homework *cough* I'm procrastinating *cough* I wanted to update.

Also, I dedicated this story to my big sis!! I finally conviced her to get a Wattpad and hopefully she'll be writing soon!!!

SO NOW YOU MAY SCREAM 

"FINALLY DAMMIT

*Serena’s POV*

His face becomes more red the louder I get and frankly, I don't care. “You can't control your anger, but you can't do anything about it so you need power, my power. Maybe instead of wasting your time trying to get my powers, maybe you should try and be a good brother, a good uncle, a good man! Because of you, I had no family except for my mother who didn't give two shits! Because of you, I had no father figure. Because of you I was too depressed to make my life better! I shouldn't even call you uncle because I didn't need to meet you to hate you!” I was seething and the only reason ice wasn't in his heart right now was because I wanted him to beg. My possible hope that this dude was not a total douche had been diminished and I had no remorse.

“Do you think I really care about your petty teenage problems? Well, I don't!  He had everyone's respect, but that should have been me! He was younger then me, how come he got it? I knew way back then that my brother was special, and I wanted it. Thats why I fought him for it!”

“You really are pitiful.” I snarl. Before he can retort, I bring one ice shard, and fling it across the room. Just as it's about to hit his face, I make it stop. His eyes are scrunched up and arms in front of his face in fear. “You afraid now?”

Click. It echos across the room, like a balloon popping in everyones ear, especially mine. I don't need to turn my head to feel the cool metal against my skull. My heart dropped to my stomach. Fear coursed through my bones.  The ice shard dropped, falling on the ground with a clink. In the corner of my eye, I saw Cory, his eyes wide and begging towards my uncle - who I still don't know the name of.

“Harry, please. She is just an innocent girl and-” Ah, so Harry is his name.

“Shut up Cory. She is not innocent, her and her father destroyed my life!” He screams, his face red in anger.

“How?” I squeak. All confidence and anger disappeared when I felt the gun against my head. I felt like the hope of escaping had flown away, escaping like doves in a cage. I was surprised I still had my voice left, seeing as the lump in my throat was growing each passing minute. My triumph quickly diminished. I felt defeated. I was unable to save my family. The dark truth hit me hard. I had no chance of surviving this. Was I so stupid to think that this crazy goal would work out, change everything? Did I really think I would end up winning? And even if I got my dad, it would never be normal would it? It would take years and many nocturnal nights to get my dad back to his previous state. Having him with me would be great, awesome yes. I would do anything for him, he is my father. But was I ever going to get him back?

“Your father not only ultimately embarrassed me, he made me an exile, an alien, when I should be the one cherished, the first born! I was almost thrown out to be adopted!”

Cory snorts. “This isn't the eighteenth century genius. The only reason you were so called ‘exiled’ is because you were power hungry and challenged a young boy. Besides, you had everything you needed. The scrumptious food, the warm bed, caring parents-”

“Who’s side are you on Mr. Lennial? May I remind you the price of teaming up with her.” Cory bows his head in shame. My anger builds and I really wanted to pierce his heart with spikes. “Now, I am going to... prepare. Cory, come with me. Have fun with her boys.” He calls to his guards, like I was some piece of candy.

The metal is removed from my head and someone pushes me forward. I stumble forward, only to be pushed back again. Like a yo-yo my body moves back and forth between men who smell like salami and mold. They grab at my hair, at my body, touching me in places I’d much rather not be touched.

“Stop!” I cry out. I try to pull my arms closer, but they just pull them away again. “No, please!”

Without warning, I feel warmth cover me head to toe and they let me go. I am quick to grab to wall and steady myself, only to see the disgusting men holding onto burning limbs. I am discombobulated. Glancing down, I see that I am on fire. I am literally a standing campfire. When was this established? When could anyone do this?Grinning, my imagination sparks. I run to the door, which was locked in the process of my abuse. I curl my hand into a fist and in a flash, the door is blazing.

I step through, the warm intensifying for a few minutes, before it returns to normal.I leave the door ablaze, the crackle fading as I reach the end of the hallway. The click of my boots continue on, drowning out the soft cries of the burning men.

The scary thing here is, that I don’t feel any guilt or shame in all of this. I have felt nothing but happiness and achievement when I hurt someone. And I could feel it in my bones that it was wrong. I know it is wrong. But I cant help but feel proud of myself as I burn people, or injure them. I cant help but feel bubbly inside when I break something. In all of the books with a heroine or hero in it, they always feel slight remorse about who they just killed. But me? I just laugh at the thought. Its twisted, medieval. I just killed people, yet I keep walking on like its a simple walk on the beach. Groaning, I twist my fingers through my mangled hair, trying to bring it back to some form of a normal ponytail.

The corridor walls were made by a brownish stone. Some were chipped, others were covered in mold, a couple fully taken out and on the dirt floor. It didn’t give this place much of a haunting image, more like an old basement in a hotel. It wasn’t exactly a maze per say, but it definitively had many corners and turns. It took me a little effort, and a lot of annoyed huffs, to finally reach the main staircase up.

Like a giant wave, tiredness hit me hard. I walked up, my adrenaline long gone, one step at a time. I cringed every time a stair creaked. It wasn’t until I reached the top did I realize how strenuous this saving mission was. Bringing a quivering hand to my cheeks, I feel my teeth chattering against my jaw. My lips were swollen and chapped, colliding with each other every shake. My knees felt like they would collapse at any movement. My head pounded and I was aching for water.

It was then that I knew that I wouldnt be leaving this building.

I wouldnt be able to see Robin or Ella or even Gryphon. Me and my stupidity would be the death of m, and maybe even my dad.

No. I would do whatever it took to get him out of here whether I died or not, I would get him out.