Chapter 13

omg I just couldnt not post this eeee.

its just too sweet!

Plus, I have absolutly NO homework

*discoball comes out of ceiling*

*one direction comes out of the ceiling also*

*Heartattack starts playing*

*everybody starts dancing*

PARTAY!!!

OK CONTINUE:

*Serena’s POV*

Immediately, the noise around the courtyard is silenced. I stare at the ground, a large blush causing my whole face to turn red.

“Hey, Serena?” Gryphon whispers in my ear, causing me to jump slightly. I lift my head up to him to see him smiling at me. “Don't let their stares get to you. You're Serena Hope, part of the powerful Hope family.” A new surge of confidence spreads through me as I smile in his direction.

“Thank you.” I whisper back, before lifting my eyes up, scanning the crowd of people. As soon as I do, however, my ears are met with a collective of gasps and whispers, Although unlike at my old school, they’re whispers of surprise.

“Griff!” I hear a feminine voice call out from behind. Suddenly Gryphon stumbles, laughing along with the girl who just jumped on his back. He brings her to face him, pulling her into a deep kiss.

I chuckle, feeling uncertain of what to do. Again I look through the group of people, until I spot a familiar face.

“Mason!” I shout out over to the chestnut haired boy. He whips his head over in my direct and as soon as he sees me his faces lights up. “Help!” I point over to the two kissing lovebirds. I see him laugh but nod. Maneuvering through the crowd, he finally makes his way over to me. By now, the whispering has leveled up to talking and very bluntly may I add.

“Are those purple eyes?”

“I thought John-Luke and Emily had no children!”

“Why wasn't she discovered when she was twelve?”

“She already knows Gryphon Luca and Mason Williums?”

Mason finally makes it over, standing in front of me. He does a quick double take at my eyes, but doesn't say anything. “Do you need me to separate the two lovebirds?” Mason teases jokingly. I nod, glad he left the subject of my eyes alone. His eyes glint evilly as he grabs his black leather bookbag, which seems to hold anything but books.

He scrounges through, pulling out useless crap like hair brushes, toothpaste, a random door knob, even a fake hand, he finally comes across an air horn. I giggle softly as he places it right next to both of their unsuspecting ears. How have they kissed this long? Has it really been that long?

The loud blaring sound is blasted out of the can, making both Gryphon and Robin jump fifty feet in the air. I start laughing uncontrollably, unable to hold it in  as all eyes are back on us again. Mason joins in, snickering at the sight of two very angry lovebirds.

“Your...faces.” I joke though big breaths.

“That...was...awesome. Damn.” Mason snickers, bringing us into a whole new fit of giggles.

“Well excuse us for not seeing each other in a while.” Robin snottily replies. She then runs up to me, giving me a warm hug and surprisingly, I don't flinch.

“Hi!” She says cheerfully. “I’m-”

“Robin, I know.” I cut her off, smiling warm-heartedly. “Gryphon talks about you all the time.” I lean over her shoulder and wink, making him go a light shade of crimson.

“Aww.” Mason coos. I giggle as Robin kisses Griff on the cheek.

“I'm Serena.” I smile, shaking her now outstretched hand.

“Come on lets go,” She says, changing the subject. “We should get you to your dorm.” Walking over to the back of the car, I haul out my suitcases, only for them to be taken by Mason.

“Hey!” I pout. “I'm a big girl you know.” He chuckled, shaking his head.

Robin, Griff and Mason start walking to the entrance, me tagging along. The big crowd in front of us literally separates like  the Red Sea.

“Are you guys really that popular?” I murmur to Mason.

“A little,” He replies cockily, “But it's also because you're here.” He winks and I blush.

“No definitely not. I’m not that special.” At that, he snorts.

“Uh-huh sure, keep telling yourself that sweetheart. You're like the Harry Potter at Hogwarts here; special and well known. Better get used to it.” I stare at his back shockingly. Am I really that special? No I can't be.

“So, Serena, where are you from.” Robin asks, falling back into step with me.

“Little Salem, Vermont.”

She snorts. “Really?” I nod and we start giggling.

“Um, do you know, uh, why you weren't found when you were twelve?” She questions. I open my mouth to answer, but I get cut off by Griff.

“Robin...” He warns.

“No no it's ok.” I smile and take out the locket my dad gave me. “I had this clot necklace that my dad gave me.” She grabs the ruby pendant in her delicate fingers and studies it with keen eyes.

“Hmm... interesting.” She wonders out loud. As we climb up marble steps, I pull in out of her grasp and back under my shirt.

“Serena, you know that you will need to take that off to use your powers right?” Mason adds.

“I know. I just want to cherish wearing now. It's the last thing of my father.” I smile sadly at him. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Griff and Robin trade glances.

Suddenly, a young girl, about twelve, runs up to me, pulling on my outstretched hand. I turn to her, studying her. She had the typical uniform, her badge a dark grey. Her honey blonde hair is pulled into a braid, reaching her collarbones. Bright chocolate brown eyes stare up at me questionably.

“Are you Serena Hope?” She asks, very loud may I add. Loud enough for everyone to turn to us, leaving unfinished conversations in the dust. Swallowing my uneasiness, I nod, then speak out.

“Yes.” I ignore all of the whispers that surround me like bees to honey. “And what's your name?” I ask sweetly.

“Holly. Holly Mayors.” She gives me a proud toothy grin, making me smile also.

“Thats a very pretty name. So I’ll see you around, huh?” Holly nods excitingly as I wave to her over my shoulder, unable to hold the grin creeping up onto my face.

“That was... odd.” I comment breathlessly, to which they all laugh.

Grumbling nonsense, I cross my arms under my armpits, stomping behind them. They again go into a an uncontrollable laughing fit, Mason bending over with one hand holding his stomach, the other holding onto Griffs shoulder to support himself. A begin to laugh along with them, incapable of holding down my giggles.

Is this what family is like? If so, I’ll happily stay here.