Chapter 16

He he

So I may be a little late... hehe

But here I am!!!

So please dont be mad at me!!

*Serena’s POV*

As soon as Robin and Ella push open the door to the first class, which was Element Control, everyones eyes turn to us. Well, me. Their eyes strained to see the “one and only Serena Hope” like they were examining me. I just look down to the ground, hoping no one saw my eyes. I don't even see why I can't wear my contacts, it would be better than to have everyone stare at my like I was an alien.

“Sorry we were late professor. We were showing Serena here around.” Ella says, bright as ever as if she hadn't noticed the whole class, including the professor, were gazing at us.

The professor coughs awkwardly, showing his discomfort. “Uh, yes, come right in.”  

Robin yanks on my arm and brings me to a seat next to her. We were in a large room with steel bolted walls. The little windows they have were close to the ceiling. We were sitting on bleachers, ones that you would see in a normal gym, but this one had a glass wall in between the gym floor and where we were sitting, like at a hockey game. Except this one went all the way to the ceiling. On the two far sides, there were two doors, locked with two latches. Everybody had to wear school color clothes, gold shorts and a cyan plain t-shirt. The shirt was tight around my body and I squirmed a lot.

“Well,” The professor, Professor Rellga, began, “today, since we have a new student, we are going to show demonstrations of our elements ok?” Mumbles of agreements surfaced and the professor took that as a yes.

“Alright, lets have...” He pauses for a moment, looking over his sheet, “the Weather Elementers come up!”

There were about 45 kids in the class, including me, and about 14 kids got up and walked over to Professor Rellga. He motioned the over to the door, taking out a key and slowly unlocking the door. Pushing it open, the group of kids walked out to the middle of the gym and started lining up. I heard the click of Professor Rellga locking the door again, but paid it no mind. She watched as the fine kid in line, a boy with swooshing brown hair and freckles, close his eyes and slowly breathing out the breath he was holding.

Suddenly he started to wave his hands around, and to someone else it would look silly, but to me it looked magical. His eyes were closed, yet it looked like he was examining the room.

Thunder boomed above the school, echoing through the room. I jerked, but other people just laughed.

“Who’s that?” I whisper to Robin, who was closest.

“Cory Lennial. He controls storms.” She murmurs back, glancing at her nails like this was nothing. I glance back to the boy, to find that he had stopped, and was looking directly at her. Noticing her my gaze, he winks and flashes me a smile. I blush deeply and face the ground.

The rest of the kids in the weather group show their skills, whether it was wind, rain, hurricane, you name it. I was amazed the whole time, my eyes going even wider after each person went. Then it was the metal, which included Ella, did a team presentation in which the took a spare piece of metal, which Professor Rellga had gotten, and shaped it into two wizards. It was the cheesy wizard, the one with a wand and pointy hat. After was the lightning people, who lighted up the whole room with cackles and frizzed some girls’, and guys’ hair. I giggled as Ella fussed with her frizzy locks. Last were the ice ones, along with Robin, doing a very pretty demonstration of freezing the ice and ice skating on it with ice skates.

“That was awesome!” I whisper to her as she sits back down, “I liked the part when-”

I'm cut off by the professor calling out my name.

“Yes?” I ask, standing up slowly. All eyes turn to me, some of them whispering to themselves.

“Do you know your Element yet?” Professor Rellga questions, cocking his head slightly to the side.

Awkwardly, I shake my head no. He smiles a little, creeping me out a little.

“We have about 15 minutes left, would you like to try and find out?”

I quickly open my mouth to say no, I would not, but Ella beats it to me. “Of course she would!” I whip around to glare at her, piercing through her, but she doesn't seem to notice.

Professor Rellgas claps over excitedly and motions me to come down. “Great!” He says. “Cory can you get the TS’s?” Cory quickly jumps up and goes to a supply closet that Professor Rellgas had opened earlier to get the metal that the metal Elementers had used. I start to step down the bleachers, avoiding the stares. Once I step next to him, he rushes over to the door and shoves me in, I stumble but keep my balance. Cory comes out then, bringing six buckets, three in each hand. He places them in a straight line in front of me, the buckets clanking down. As he goes back to his seat, he grins brightly and I smile sheepishly in response.

“Alright!” Professor Rellgas claps again, tearing my gaze away. “Basically all you have to do is find the one that... buzzes to you.”

“Buzzes?” He nods and waves his hands over the buckets. I slowly walk over to the pails. Glancing in each one, I notice that they are all thing I could use with the element that I could be: water, coals, dirt, a electrical cord of some sort, ice,  and small pieces of metal.

I sit next to the buckets, seeing as it just felt right in the moment. I hover my hands over the buckets, feeling for that buzz. Felling all the curious stares, I close my eyes tightly and concentrate on the pails.

What did he mean by buzz? Like an electrical shock? I didn't know, so I just contiued to hover my hand, waited for some kind of buzz or shock.

Finally, I felt it. It was like someone was humming in my ear, really loudly. It ricocheted through my body, sending a shiver down my back. I snap my eyes, needing to know what element I was, where the buzz was coming from. But when I did, my eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

There was a buzz from all of them.