Chapter 5

OMG Thank you everyone for reading my story! Honestly, I thought this would be one of those stories that no one reads. Now I have freaking 93 reads, 13 votes and 9 comments!! I LOVE YOU GUYS!!! You guys are awesome!!!

Sorry the chapters are short, a friend I havent seen in forever is visiting and Im hanging out with her!! I'll try to write a lot, I love the feedback!!!

NOW

THE MOMENT YOU HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR

CHAPTER 5!!!!

*CHEERS* 

*Serena's POV*

I violently woke up, fear flooding through my whole body. How did I all the sudden have this memory? I remember nothing of my dad. I only remember things past six years old. That can’t possibly be me, but it seemed so possible.

“No…Of course not. But t-that was my locket.” My hand flies to my neck and I feel the cool metal hanging off my shoulders.

“S-Serena?” A deep voice calls out. I suddenly realize my surroundings. I was in a car that was racing along the highway. I look at the two figures. One I don’t recognize, the other was… Gryphon?

“Where the hell am I? Why am I in this car? What's happening? Who's that? Gryphon, please answer me. Gryphon, I'm scared.” I whisper the last part. Were they freaking kidnapping me? Was this the kind of thing where the new kid was actually like twenty something and kidnaps girls? Who the hell was is friend?

“It’s okay Serena; we are, er, taking you to my place.” Gryphon says nervously.

“W-Why?” I question. Were they going to ra-

“Because that bastard hit you.” The other kid spoke up.

My eyes widen. Dave? Shit what did he do?

I'm silent the rest of the way because I'm afraid to find out. I had other things to worry about. Like that dream.

Was that an actual memory or did I just dream it, made it up? I mean, my dad’s looks realistic. I look nothing like my mom. She has dirty blonde hair and chocolate eyes. I had to get my look from someone and it wasn’t her. I never really tried to picture my dad. It just hurt my heart, even today.

After a silent, awkward ride, we finally arrive at a hotel out of town. It was small and probably could only hold about 6 or 7 families. I smile at how peaceful it was. Peace. That’s all I needed right now. I unbuckle and climb out of the car. No wait, Mustang.

How in the world could a teenager have a freaking Mustang? It was a very beautiful car. It was dark black and was sleek and shiny, as if new. I ran my hand over the smooth hood. I smiled, enjoying the feeling.

“You like huh?” Gryphon chuckles.

I jump, forgetting the two guys behind me. They both have amused expression on their faces. My face heats up and a blush creeps up my neck.

“Sorry.” I mumble. Gryphon just laughed.

We walk into the small hotel and I grin. The place was just wonderful. The lilac walls were polished with some photos framed by random local artists. The pure white couches matched the coffee table as well as the fireplace, where a crackling fire spurred and snapped. The tan curtains swirled around, creating a magical effect. A beautiful vanity table was on the wall to my right. The carpet was white like the couch. On the left was a check-in desk. Sitting in the desk was a woman wearing red glasses. Her hair was a beachy blonde. She smiled.

“Hey Griff.” What took you so long huh?” She giggles. She turns to the other guy. “Hey Mas, haven’t seen you in while.”

“It’s been too long Cass.” He smiles, feigning being dramatic.

I just stand there awkwardly, waiting for someone to notice me.

“So tell me why you're late again Griff?” She says, ignoring ‘Mas’.

“I, um, had to start the plan a little earlier…” He nervously grins.

“The plan?” I question. “What plan? Why am I here? Gryphon, what the hell is going on?” Once the first comes out I can’t stop myself and the questions flow out of my mouth like an uncontrollable river.

Cass whips her head to me, curiosity growing. “I-Is this…” She looks at Gryphon dumbfounded. “I thought they were supposed to be like twelve…” She stares at me intently. I start to squirm at her gaze.

Gryphon sighs. “Cass can you just get her a room. I’ll explain tonight.” He gives her a look as if to say ‘just do as I say’

The blonde walks over to me and smiles. “Hi! I'm Cassidy. I'm Gryphon's older sister. Come on, I’ll show your room.” Her smile widens as I nod. She takes my small hand and pulls me up the stairs.

*Gryphon's POV*

Soon Cassidy comes back down with the same smile she had on before.

“So, you gonna tell me ‘bout this one night stand?”

“What the hell? No!” I shout. Cassidy is a human, so sometimes she doesn’t understand what I mean about “mission” and it frustrates me.

Suddenly she starts laughs, doubling over. “I was kidding!” She was laughing so hard, she was almost on the floor. “You think I haven’t learned anything? Jeez I'm not stupid.” She laughs some more and Mason joins in.

“Shut up.” I growl.

“But, seriously, who is she?”

“Well, you know my mission…” She nods, signaling me to continue. “Well turns out she’s like 17 and she's really powerful and… um…” I had no idea how to explain. She motions me to keep talking but Mason joins in.

“Her step dad abused her!” He shouts. Cassidy’s eyes widen like saucers.

“Shh!” I whisper shout. “She could hear!” I slap him on the arm and he slaps back. I slap him again and so does he. Soon we are in an all-out bitch fight.  

“Guys!” Cassidy shouts while laughing. We stop immediately. She turns to Mason.

“S-So he abused her?” Sadness clear in her blue eyes.

He nods and so do I. “He called her things like slut and bitch.” I whisper. I hang my head, almost as if I was the one who called her those words.

“I-I'm glad you brought her here Griff. No one that pretty should deal with that shit.” She walks over and hugs me. Even though she was my older sister by 3 years, I'm still taller than her. She is petite and only 5’5” while I'm 6’1” I smile down on her.

“Come on, we should get to bed.” She nods and we walk upstairs, into the dark hallway that is the second floor.