Chapter 8

Seriously. What can I do for you guys? You have been so supportive in the comments. I really wanna do something for reaching 11.3k reads. 

11.3k!!!!!!

Maybe a Q&A? I dont know!!

But anyway, here is chappie 8!!!

Thank you so much!

His face was a mixture of shock and… worry?

I knew I shouldn’t have asked. But it was bugging me all morning. It didn’t seem natural.

“I-um its, uh auto-automatic. Yeah automatic.” He didn’t sound so sure of himself. I look at him questionably, but chose to not question him again.

“So… what’s with the name Ren-“ He starts, but I cut him off before he can finish.

“Don’t.” I growl.

“I just want to know why.” He hangs his head and I immediately feel guilty. I sigh.

“That was my nickname before… before things changed.” His head shoots up, probably surprised that I answered. He nods though and opens his mouth.

“What do you mean-“ The car stops and I quickly tell him that we were at the school.

I climb out and I immediately hear the whispers.

“She probably hooked up with him.”

“That little slut stole my man.”

“Ha. At it again, Serena?”

“And I actually thought she was innocent.”

I feel tears prickle in my eyes as I felt their disapproving glares.

Stop Serena. No one needs to see you cry.

“Hey slut! Hooking up with the new guy, eh?” Someone shouts. I lower my head in shame. What have I ever done? I myself ask that every day. I can feel Gryphon's eyes on my back. I continue walking to the brick building. As soon as I reach the rusted doors, I yank them open. The whispers continue inside, possibly even worse.

“Why does she even come back?”

What is she even wearing?”

“I can’t believe, I'm breathing the same air as that thing.”’

Many times, I wonder, who would miss me if I left? Would they come to my funeral? Would my mom go? Or would she be too drunk to drive there? What if I went missing? Kidnapped? Would they try to find me? And I can answer that now. No, they wouldn’t. They would be glad I left. And, I admit, I have thought about leaving. But I never seemed to be able to. I would never have enough money to. Oh, you were thinking I was talking about suicide? No, no, no, no. I would never even think of that. I have always had a feeling I was important somewhere else.

The day had actually went by quick. Nothing exciting happened. I was thrown insults and names, but nothing out of the ordinary. At least, until I got home.

I knew I couldn’t stay away from my dad for long, so I decided to go home. But I also knew that Gryphon would protest, so I walked home, before he could pick me up.

I had walked there. My dad was gone but my mom was either sleeping or passed out. I sigh. I do love her, so much. But she just let herself go too far. She wasn’t really my mom anymore

 “Hey mom! I'm home!” I shout as soon as I am inside.

“Shut up! I'm trying to sleep!” She growls back. Dropping my bags, I run upstairs to my room and shut the doors behind me.

*Gryphon's POV*

“Are you sure she's not in the parking lot?” I groan.

“Cass, you’ve asked me that question 3 times already. No she's not. Listen, I gotta go, ok? I’ll call you back.” I say. She huffs and hangs up.

Serena was not in the parking lot where I said I would meet her. We were really worried. What if she was kidnapped? Or killed. Seriously Griff? She probably got detention or something normal. Nothing serious, so why was I worrying? Then again, Serena is anything but normal. I sigh frustrated. Where in the world could she be! It’s been one day and I already lost her! This usually never happens. And Serena was a little more special, with her dad and all. Also, she is powerful and probably confused.

I tried to think of where she could be. I concluded that she was either A. At her house or B. School. She was obviously not at option B, so that means her house.

“I really hope she is there.” I mumble to myself.

I drive there quickly. I finally get to the broken down house. I pull into the driveway as quickly and quietly as possible. Careful not to slam the door, I hop out. I jog up to the door and knock.

“I'm coming.” I hear a woman grumble. I wait patiently.

The door opens to reveal woman about 40 years old. She had kept her figure and had golden blonde hair and blue, bloodshot eyes. There was a beer bottle in her left hand. She looks almost shocked that I'm at her doorstep. She studies me closer, looking me straight in the eyes. I see faint recognition in her eyes, even though I never met this woman, who I guess is Serena's mom.

“Alexander?” She whispers to herself. “No that can’t be. But…” What did this have to do with my dad?

“Alexander is my dad ma’am.” Her eyes widen even more, if possible. “I am Gryphon.”
I pull out my hand, for her to shake, which she does.

“Is Alex ok? Kyra?” I nod. “W-Why are you here then?” Well she was obviously one of us. At that moment, Serena bounds down the stairs.

“Hey mom, who’s there?” She calls out. When she sees me, she smiles. “Hey Griff, sorry I kinda left you without warning.”

I forgot! That’s why I was here, not to socialize with her mom. I smile and nod. “It’s fine.”

“Wait!” Her mom says. “You’re here for her…” She finally realizes what I am and why I'm here, her eyes flash deadly with anger. “No! Get out! You will not take her away!” She growls. I'm shocked at her reaction. Wouldn’t she be happy for Serena? Serena seemed shocked too.

“Mom!” She yells, but I put my hand up.

“Mrs. Hope why haven’t you told her what she is?” I ask calmly. She looks like a deer caught in headlights.

“I-I can’t… Her father…” Serena's eyes widen at the mention of her dad. “No. I am not allowing her to go, whether your dad want her or not!” She yells.

“But she is so powerful! I can’t feel it!” I yell back. My fists are clenched and my face is probably red with anger.

“Exactly! As soon as they recognize her, which they will, she will be exiled! A criminal! Just for being born!           I can’t let her go through that. She's all I have left…” I see tears leak down her face.

“But what about Dave?” Serena whispers.

“He left today. Forever.” She whispers back. Serena quickly smiles. It vanishes again as we continue fighting.

“But you should at least tell her what she is!” I shout.

“I can’t! She will have to know the whole story and I don’t think I can retell it.”

“Can someone tell me what I'm missing here?” Serena screeches.

“If you don’t tell her, I will.” She sighs and motions me inside.