Chapter 17

Hai guys!!! I know I'm late, again, but I'm not only working on this story but another, called Free (which I would LOVE if you went and read because I LOVE seeing how you guys like my story!) And I have been working on that too, so I might be a littlw late. Whoopsies.

Also, this book is going to be part of my YWP NaNoWriMo, or, in long terms, Young Writers Project National Novel Writing Month. Its all over the US so if you have a. heard about it or b. are doing it, please comment or inbox me!!

Anyway

HERE IS *BAH BAH DAH BAHHHHHHHH* 

CHAPTER 17!!!!!

*Serena’s POV*

My eyes widen to the size of saucers and I glance up at the people staring at me, curiously. They wonder what I am, how powerful I am, what element I have. But how will they react when I say I am beckoned by... all of them. Even the air around me buzzed and sizzled and I can feel the stormy clouds outside shake.

What did this mean? Was I a freak, to be abandoned again, like in my last school? I exhaled sharply. That would not happen again. Finally, I can be someone, and not be a freak. If I say I can feel all of them, then I would immediately placed in the freak zone. No, that would not happen again.

So instead, I decide to point my finger, which was shaking immensely, and point to the one farthest on my left. Professor Rellga quickly jogs over and glances in the bucket.

“This is the one you felt buzzed?” Before I am unable to change my mind, I nod. Professor Rella grins brightly, then sticks out his hand and the bucket, motioning for me to stand up and take it. I do, straightening my back and prepare myself for whatever Element I will train to use.

Before I even looked into the metal pail, I knew what I had. Of course, I would randomly choose something large and noticeable.

“Serena Hope, is a water elemental!”

My ears were met with a chorus of gasps and some applause from my two friends and another; Cory. I try to smile in fake excitement, but it was more of a grimace. 

-_-_-_-_-_-

“Are you sure that this is ok?” I ask, wringing my hands together nervously.

We, by which I mean Gryphon and I, were in the gym. It was after Lunch, and Griff and I both had a free period, so he thought that we would take advantage and maybe practise, since I may not be able to thoroughly.

Answering my question Gryphon nods. “Yeah, don't worry. I got permission from my dad.”

“Your dad? What does he have to do with anything?”

Turning around slowly, he rubs the back of his neck awkwardly. “He’s, uh, the Headmaster at this school.”

“Really? So is that why you get all the attention?” He chuckles lowly as he opens up the door to the gym area with a key I guess he got from his dad.

“I dunno, I guess. There are many factors for my... ‘popularity.’” He air quotes “popularity” as we walk in, our shoes squeaking. “My element, my dad, my sexy looks.”

I giggle jokingly. “Good looks? I don't see any. Where?” I pretend to look around for some other guys before turning back to him. “Nope, no people who are even close to sexy. Oh well...”

Raising his eyebrows, he crosses his arms. “Haha, very funny Serena.”

“So,” He says, rubbing his hands together, “shall we begin?”

Gryphon, after he had figured out that I was a main element, wanted to help train me beforehand, so I could get the feel of it. I was excited to say the least. I do want to be a witch and I do want to have powers. I want to use them and just, belong somewhere. I nod and he goes into that supplies closet that Cory went in earlier.

It was odd, to say the least, getting positive attention by none other than my classmates. The news of me had spread like wildfire and by now, everybody knew that the daughter of John-Luke Hope was a main Elemental. People came up to me, congratulating me and asking if I was in any of their classes. Really, I was uncomfortable. I was new to this whole “you're the gossip of the week” thing and wasn't sure how to cope with it. When someone did come up and say congrats, I would just smile and continue walking. Not to be rude, just that I never knew what to do.

Gryphon comes out, carrying nothing but two pairs of gloves. I walks to me and places them in my hand. The were the perfect size for my hand. Not only were they black, like normal gloves though, they had silver gray lines, that created a spider web like design. They were padded and my hand felt comfortable in them.

“These,” Gryphon begins to slip on the other pair, “are clarity gloves. They help you conjure up your element without having it nearby. They only use these for the beginners because conjuring it up yourself is more advanced. But, I am using these because, well, you are a beginner.” I open my mouth to snap at him but he stops me by placing his palm up, like he did in the car. “Watch.” He whispers intently. A flame, blue and scolding, appears on the glove, dancing and twirling around his palm.

Wanting to be impressive, I too stick out my hand. Imagining the lick of fire in Gryphons hands, majestic and surreal. I imagined the comforting heat that it gave off, and let it consume my whole body. I narrow my eyes, focussing on my palm and wanting something to happen.

Then, I felt it, the buzz. The humming in my ear that travelled through my body, leaving tingles. My fingers prickle and I almost laugh with giddiness. The feeling filled me up, made me feel whole, complete, unconditionally perfect in my own way.

Like a match was set, my hand bursts into a blaze, crackling and popping. I smile widely, willing to grow brighter, which it does. It sways and whirls, making me skittish with excitement.

“Serena what the hell!” My flame dies instantly at the sound of Gryphons voice echoing through the gym.

I spin to him, pissed at him for ruining my perfect moment. “What?” I spit, narrowing my eyes into his widened ones. “I was actually doing something cool and you-”

“I thought that you were a water elemental?” My eyes expanded immensely and I immediately I knew my mistake, I used the wrong element. I was too into what I was doing to even notice that I just blew my cover.

“I... uh...” I swallow a big lump. Crap, how am I getting out of this?

“Serena?”

“Um well see... So you know how your supposed to feel the buzz, ya know, at the test...thing?” He nods rapidly and I shakily continue. “I felt a buzz from uh... all of them?” It comes out as a question, more than a statement.

Gryphon's face showed shock. No, that can't even describe what his face was. It wasn't like when he found out about my eyes, it wasn't like when he figured out I was a water elemental. It was almost like, he was scared.

“A-All of them?” He chokes out. He steps forward the slightest and I step back.

“Sorry.” I whisper, hanging my head. “I-I didn't know what this meant and I didn't wanna-”

“Serena.” He cuts me off, speaking sharply. “Tell no one about this. Not Ella, not Mason, not even Robin. Do you understand?”

“No! Why can't I tell them! I told you!”

“No.” He hisses forcefully. “Tell no one.”

I nod, holding back my tongue. What was the meaning of this?

With my quick response, Gryphon stalks out of the room, mumbling profanities.