Chp.20

"Darcy. Darcy. Darcy. Darcy..."

Who the heck is saying my name? Groaning I sit up, and rub my head. Through foggy eyes I look around. Why am I in Carla's room? What happened last night? And why does it feel like my brain in trying to pop out of my head? 

I turn my head to find Carla staring at me, looking identically disheveled in appearance, but obviously more alert than I am.

"Darcy I have never seen you like that before! You totally let lose, every guy was all over you. That one guy who you hooked up with was so hot, I'm so jealous."

"I hooked up with a guy..."

Trying to remember the events of last night, just makes my head pound even more than it already is. I can recall some things, but the moment the images appear in my mind I try and forget. 

"Where's Jeremy?" I ask, "And where is everyone else?"

"Jeremy is probably still with the guys, and the other girls went home. I couldn't have too many drunk girls in my house, it would make my mom suspicious. I only could sneak you in. The other girls are at Bryn's."

I start to get up from the mass of blankets, but Carla gives me a look.

"You probably don't want to get up yet." Carla says.

"Why?" 

“I’m not sure if Cam is hungover, but if he is you are not going to want to see it.”

My memory starts to clear up. I am such an idiot. I can not believe I drank alcohol, that is so unlike me.

"What did I drink." 

Carla rolls her eyes. "What kind of question is that? You just took whatever the guys handed to you."

"Guys," I'm starting to get angry now. "What guys?"

Carla thinks for a moment, and starts to rub her temples. I guess her head is bothering her to. 

"I don’t know. Random people, Shawn..."

I am on the verge of freaking out. I thought these people were my real friends. Instead they give me so much of...of who knows what and get me drunk!

"Why would you get me drunk like that?"

"I didn't get you drunk. At some point in the beginning you must have been sober. So technically, you could have stopped it in from the start."

I want to argue, but I know she's right. I was sober in the beginning. I made the choice myself, nobody made me. It really isn't that big a deal now that I think about it. I was just never in a position where I could drink before, so now that I was its weird. I never thought I would be someone to get drunk. I never really went to parties before, so this might become a usual thing. Scratch that. I am not becoming that girl. 

I feel my headache getting worse, making it hard to think straight again.

"Carla do you have anything for headaches?"

"Already on it."

Carla got up, making quite the ruckus. When she opened her bedroom door, I hid myself beneath the blankets from the bright sunlight coming through the door. What time is it right now? I glance over at the clock on Carla's nightstand. One thirty! How is it even possible for a person to sleep that long?

The door creaks open, and I force myself up, expecting to see Carla. Instead Cam is leaning against the door frame. I sit up quickly, suddenly feeling self-conscious of my extreme bed head. 

"Hey." Cam says.

"Hey."

A silence falls in between us. It isn't because there isn't anything to say, it's more like there is to much to say and neither of us knows how to say it.