Chp.8

Cam and I ran side by side all the way to the woods beyond the feild. I thought I was going to outrun him, it was pretty much a tie. There everyone else was waiting all talking in a conversation that we were left out of.

   Cam nor me even bothered to join what ever it was the were talking about. I heard something about who gets Darcy or something like that. What the meant I'm not sure, so I wasnt particularly offended just yet.

   We were basically standing in the typical area you would describe woods as. Lots of trees(obviously). Dead leaves scattered here and there, and a few birds flying and chirping about. The trees werent to close together so they were easy to maneuver around. I shifted to get a better look at everything around me. I looked straight ahead and all I could see was trees, it was like they were going on forever. I couldnt see the end.

"Darcy!" Carla snapped me back to reality, "Whose team would you want to be on."

   Teams for what...I feel weird picking someone in particular, I dont know anyone well enough to really chose.

"If you told me what the teams were for it might be easier for me to diecide." I shrugged.

   Shawn roled his eyes dramatically and pushed Carla out of the way so he now stood before me. Carla looked like she was ready to murder him but she didnt make any moves.

"Often we all come out here and play a game..."

"A game you play games?" I tested him, and his eyes shone fury.

"ITS NOT A GAME. Its a very serious...thing."

"I dont see how a game is serious..."

"WILL YOU PLEASE?" I didnt say another word, I held in my laugh as did everyone else.

"Thank you, so usally we do boys vs. girls but now that your here us guys are willing to change that since you seem to be a pretty good runner which might help you in this ga--, I mean thing."

"Will you at least tell me what this "thing" is?"

"There isnt time to explain." Shawn went on quicker before I could interupt. "Boys or girls pick a team."

   I didnt even need to think about this one.

"Girls."

   I heard some one (I'm assuming from the boys team) mumble "damit" under their breath. Before I could do anything someone grabbed my hand and began to run. Pulling me deeper into the woods. I was surprised to see who was next to me.

"The game is basically tag but more violent, kinda like the hunger games but without the dying part." Izzy said.

"Well thats good to hear...Do they tag us or something?"

"No." Izzys voice now a whiper. "They pick you up and bring you to their base."

  I better not be picked up by anyone. 

"Wheres their base?" I asked.

   Before Izzy could answer Carla whisper screamed our names from one of the trees above. When I finnaly located the tree she was up in, I to went to climb up with them. Maggie and Bryn were also up in the tree but they were higher then Carla, and they were still climbing. The tree was huge, with tons of branches extending out all over the place, not only that the tree was tall, and when I say tall I mean TALL.

   Carla gave her hand to Izzy to help her up onto the first of the many branches on the tree. I climbed up after her. Being so much taller I didnt need the help that Izzy did so when Carla gave me her hand I just told her with my eyes I was good. Carla and Izzy both started to climb higher so I followed them. I was hesitant at first since Ive never climbed a tree of this mass before.

   I must have been climbing for a good minute before I stopped. Maggie and Bryn were both seated on a big fat branch that extended outwards in such a way that you could have several people sit on it and feel safe. I was the last to turn my body to sit on the branch, so I was also the last to see how high we really were.

   Like I said I never climbed a tree of this mass, not only that I was never up this high before besides being in a plane. When the thought of this height finally kicked in an over whelming fear crept over me. I sunk my hands, and nails, into the tree and prayed I would not fall.

   Beside me Izzy and Carla were talking as if we were sitting at any old table. Bryn told them to shut up because not  to far away you could hear the crunching of the leaves.

"Here they come, this is the fun part." Izzy whipered in my ear.

   Oh gosh what does she mean by that...

Thanks if you reading this!! Sorry if the whole tree thing is kind of unrealistic, im trying the best I can. This is just what Im picturing in my head and I write what I imagine...Please vote and become a fanif you arent one yet! Leave a comment what you think (Go easy on me if you do...)

-Jess