Chp.4

Not wanting to turn back around to look at the boys I kept walking straight ahead. When I crossed over from the part where the dirt turns into grass I was slow. I walked through the grass, dragging my feet watching the small dew drops of water splatter away from the blades of grass. I started to walk to the orange trees when someone taped me on the shoulder. Convinced it was one of the boys I turned around.

“Hi I’m Carla.” A girl with the brown hair said.

“I’m Darcy.” I looked around behind her. There was two other girls standing there. “It’s nice to meet you.”

There was two girls in front of me. The one with brown hair was standing closest to me. There was a good atmosphere around them. Not like it was near the boys. When I was around them I felt uncomfortable, like they weren’t listening to me when I talked. I felt like they were just there to…look at me. The feeling with these girls is different. I think they are genuinely curious about me. Who I am, why I’m here.

"I'm Carla." Said the one with brown hair. She pointed to the girl standing next to her. “And this is Bryn.”

I looked at Bryn waiting for her to respond. Instead she just stared at me. 

“We were just walking home from school. The guys didn’t bother you to much did they?” Carla asked.

I thought about it for a moment. “Define to much.”

They both laughed. Why were they laughing? I wonder if they are close with those boys. I can’t imagine how anybody could be.

“Don’t let them get to you. The only one you got to worry about is Shawn, he can be a real pain. Other than that though they’re a good time.”

I thought back to my encounter with the guys. The only one of them that sticks in my mind was the tallest, since he was the only one who actually said anything to me.

“Which one of them is Shawn?” I asked.

Carla and Bryn looked at each other. “Boy next door looks, tall, confident, full of himself. Ring any bells?” Carla said.

“Yea, a few…” The girls laughed again

“Anyway, Bryn and I were just heading home to change out of our uniforms. Do you want to come along?”

I was making friends easier then I thought! 

“Sure!”

We walked as a group back towards the houses. I’m curious what Jeremy is doing right now. I bet if he knew I had befriended two pretty girls, he would be mad he didn’t come with me. I can’t wait for the little devil to find out.

“Darcy, are you going to North Valley?

I was confused for a second, then the image of the pamphlet came into my mind again. North Valley High.

“Yea that’s the school I’m going to! What’s it like there?”

Carla shuffled her feet. “It’s your average high school, with your average high school drama.”

Great, I haven’t actually been to an average high school yet. I mean I have been in high school before obviously since I’m a sophomore, it’s just my other schools were far from average. The schools I’ve gone to are very competitive. Everyone strived to be the smartest of the class. There wasn’t popularity unless you considered the smartest kids the most popular. This is going to be a change for me. The closest I’ve ever had to drama is when Jeremy tells my parents when I’m bothering him. Then when I get in trouble I make it my job to get back at him. That seems more along the lines of revenge, or more specifically sibling rivalry, but it’s the closest thing I’ve ever had to drama. So beside the fact that I never hd much drama in my life, I decided to answer Carla anyways.