Chp.14

"Oh no you dont."

   Just as fast as Carla grabbed my arm, and was about to lead into the school Shawn grabbed my shoulder, pulling me backwards. Carla turned around and had a look on her face that could only be described as outrage.

"Shawn what do you think your doing...?"

   Carla asked trying to be calm. Although I dont know what she is getting so upset about. I guess she knows Shawn better then I do, and can tell when hes up to something.

"You no Carls I was--"

"Dont.Call me that."

   Shawn flashed her an award winning smile and kept going.

"I think that since im older then you, more populuar, and know my way around the school better that I should be the one to show Darcy around."

   Carla closed her eyes and took a dramatically deep breath. I probably should be interferring right about now but whats the point. Its not like whatever I say will make a difference.

"Shawn you are not. I repeat not, showing Darcy around the school. Knowing you, you will get Darcy into to some trouble on her first---"

   Before Carla could finished I was being grabbed and pulled into the school. People were bumping into me left and right. Everyone seems so much taller then me...and I always thought myself tall for my age. Maybe its just mind over matter.

   Once we reached the top of the stairs Shawn finally stopped pulling me. Carla was off in the distance with everyone else, yelling and jumping up and down. The rest off the group was just standing behind her laughing and exchanging amused looks.

"Welcome to the school of your dreams Darcy."

   Even though Shawn was most likely being serious I laughed anyways, but as we walked through the doors of the school I realized he mightve been right. Im not sure if it was the blue lockers or the faded white tile floors, or possibly even the chessey posters that hung on the wall, but something about this school made me instantly fall in love.

"You got every kind of social group here." Shawn said wraping his arm around my shoulder.

"You have the emos," he pointed to a pair of girls with black hair, makeup, and well everything, "Dont forget the nerds," at this he pointed to a group of girls and boys all wearing glasses and were discussing things that ive never even heard of. "And dont forget the jocks." This time he pointed to a giant group of boys wearing blue varsity jackets, all talking loudly. There were what I assumed cheerleaders huddled around the out skirts of the group all giggling and being...well peppy. 

"So what do you think?"

"I think this is the most sterotypical school ive ever seen."

   Shawn laughed as a few girls (whose skirts and shirts were WAY to short) passed by and simaltanously said "Hi Shawn" and gave what I thought was creppy seductive smiles in Shawns direction. Shawn waved and said something like "Hey ladies" but right after they left Shawn looked back to make sure they were far behind then whispered in my ear.

"And you NEVER can forget, the sluts." 

   Before I had time to laugh a boy in a varsity jacket stood in front of Shawn and I. They exchanged some sort of weird handshake.

"Shawnn my man whats happening?" 

   He hadnt looked at me until Shawn removed his arm from my shoulder.

"Now whos this?"

   The boy asked as he inched closer to me. Shawn moved out of view as the boy moved closer and closer to me. Shawn was still in view, standing just behind the boy. Shawn was smirking at me as I kept my feet flat in their place, but dipped my head backwards slowly. Was Shawn waiting for something? Was he expecting for me to do to this boy what I did to him? Im not like that in school though. I would never pick a fight or show that I can throw a punch. Especially not on the first day of school. That could get me in serious trouble.

   I held up the few binders and notebooks I assumed would get me through the day, and held them in front of my face. I squezzed my eyes shut. Please Shawn this once can you not be a bad guy?

"Hey. Back away from her Maguire." This voice almost seemed foreign...almost.

   I felt the presence of the boy who I now knew was Maguire (a last name I guess) leave.

"Okay no need to get you boxers in a bunch freshman. I was just messing around with a friend."

"Yea whatever Maguire."

   I was positive that Maguire was gone because as he walked away I heard the foot steps of one of his friends run up to him and say "Dude what just happened?"

   I didnt even realize I was still holding my books up against my face.

"What happened to the girl I met a couple days ago who had Shawn on his knees in seconds?"

   I lowerd my books books to met the eyes of Charlie. Who was giving me a childish grin.

"Hand me your schedule im sure we have some classes together, maybe I could walk you?"

And thats a wrap! Ive always wanted to say that...Ive realized that no one ever reads the author note...but if you are then pretty please comment, vote, and become a fan if you already arent one! It means so much to me if you are reading this and it means even more if you comment :D This chp. is dedicated to @AlyCatz because she has been following my story since the beggining

- Jess