Chp.13

I followed Jeremy down the steps of our house. Cam could now finally move out of the doorway because Carla was running towards us, dirt almost flying out from behind her. Carla ran straight up to me, her hair basically now messy and hanging in front of her eyes. What could she tell me that could possibly be this important? I guess shes just an enthusiastic person. She put her hands on my shoulders and shook violently.

"Oh my gosh Darcy I hope we have classes together! Your a freshman right? I'm a freshman to! To bad we wont have any classes with Maggie, Izzy, Billy, Shawn, or Cam..."

   She gave me a weird smirk when she said the last name.

"Charlie is a 9th grader to?"

"Yea, I dont have any classes with him though...I wonder what electives they will give you. We all got to chose but since your coming in mid year they will just place you where evers theres room."

"I dont mind what I get put into, as long as its any easy grade."

   I hadnt realized that in the time we had been talking the rest of the group appeared at our sides. Everyone was indulged in their own little side conversations just as Carla and I were having. 

   Carla was in the middle of naming all the electives that were avalible at the high school. Her electives were cinema studies (where all you do is watch movies) and econmics. She was telling me all the others but stopped and staired at something above my head. I felt the presence of someone behind me, I slowly turned around to face...guess who? The oh so friendly Shawn.

"Well dont you just look adorable in your uniform."

   Shawn towered inches above me. The sun reflected off his golden hair like a mirror, I was tempted to see if I could see myself in it. Ironic how well he keeps himself, he seems like the type who never showers...and thats putting it lightly. From where he was positioned I could actually smell him. The wind blew and it smelt like...almost like a lingering smell of cologne. The smell was so faint that it seemed like it was his natural scent. Im so weird im thinking about how this jerk smells?

"Getting lost in my beauty there sweetheart?" He asked.

"Arent I a little young for you?"

"What two years isnt that bad, usaully the man in a relationship is supposed to be older."

   He was just testing me. I roled my eyes like I always did and walked around him. Carla, Bryn, and Maggie fell into step next to me, leading the way to my new school.

Cam's POV

  Shawn stood in the same position even after Darcy had "owned" him once again. Even though he did have the last word, Darcy won if there was anything to win...

   We all started walking in a line just as the girls did who were only twenty feet in front of us, giggling every so often and turning to look back at us, then giggling once more.

"Who wants to make a bet?" Shawn said.

"What kinda bet?" Billy questioned.

   You would think that after all the times Billy had lost bets against Shawn he would learn. Everytime he asks "what kind of bet" is just fate basically saying "Shawn will soon be getting some money".

"Lets all put fifty on the table to see who, by the end of the week can get Darcy under their arm."

   Darcy under their arm? What kinda bet is that. Only an idoit would take on a cruel bet like that.

"Im in." Billy said.

   Again only an idiot would take on a bet like that. I looked over at Charlie who had his hands in his pockets and was stairing up, off into space. Since Charlie as well as Shawn could be considered "a ladys man" I wonder if they think they will win. Charlie might think he has the upper hand since its a possibility they will have some classes together. Even though Charlie and I didnt say we were in on this bet we really had no choice. In Shawn's world you cant not say yes to whatever it is he wants you to do.

"Im so winning this" Shawn said.

   Shawn and Billy got into an arguement about how Billy thinks he has muscles and girls love muscles. Shawn then came back with something like thats fat not muscles. As we turned off of our road Darcy looked back a couple times. She wasnt really looking back at us more like trying to see if she could see her house from here. Maybe shes nervous for her first day? She doesnt seem like the type to get nervous...

Darcys POV

   It was weird taking a route to school that I never took before.

"Is the school far from here?" 

"Its only like, a five minute walk." Bryn said.

"We dont even get a bus since we live so close." Maggie said kicking dirt up with her feet.

   The road we were on now seemed to go on forever. It was just lined with endless feilds that included cows, horses and other animals I didnt even recognize. How could there be a school around here? It didnt seem like anyone else was on their way to school...

"Now this is the interesting part." Carla said.

   We turned left off the road into what seemed like a little pathway. It was really skinny and was almost invisible unless you were looking straigh at it. We now had to walk single file because there wasnt enough room to walk all together. On both sides of us was basically a forest-ish thing. It was different then the woods that we played that "game" in a couple days ago. Everything in that forest seemed dead and dry, but this one had bright geen trees and neatly cut grass. I was so captivated in all the green I was seeing that I was surprised when we had stopped walking. In front of me was the hustle and bustle of highschool. We came out in the side of the parking lot which had A LOT of teenagers in matching uniforms all walking into the same place.

   It was a big school, made of bircks and blue paint. It was actually a really nice school, better then most ive went to. It was way bigger then I had imagined. I felt a strong hand on my shoulder.

"Well this is it," Shawn said, his hand still on my shoulder,"There is a lot of crazy people here at this school so make sure your nice to everyone unless you want to...die."

"Hes just kidding! Dont take him seriously Darcy, if anything we are the craziest people at this school so you have nothing to worry about." Even though I didnt really need Carlas reasurance I still gave her an appretiative smile.

"Wait wheres Jeremy?" I started to panic, and looking left and right

"Calm down hes already walking with Izzy to the middle school."

   Maggie pointed to the right where Izzy was guiding Jeremy to their school. They were both laughing and talking as if they knew each other forever. I really do wish I could make friends like Jeremy. He even got shy Izzy to come out of her shell.

"Well we dont have time to waste! Hurry up!" Carla yelled as she yanked my arm.

Okay THIS is the longest chapter I ever wrote. Which Is kind of sad because well...its not that long. Please vote, leave a comment, and follow me if you arent already! This is dedicated to @AspiringMe because she left a comment on ALL of my chapters and they all made my day :)) Please leave a comment I love it so much!! Thanks so much for reading!!

-Jess